Reviews for Temperance
Piper Sargasso chapter 22 . 8/20/2005
What a cynical piece this is! I love it. As much as I generally love the Christine created in fanfic, I have a laundry list of complaints against canon Christine - many of which were addressed in this story. A perfect piece of realism! I'm glad Erik got his in the end.
sheshakes chapter 22 . 8/6/2005
Now THAT is an ending worth getting to.

I applaud you.
erikmylove chapter 21 . 7/31/2005
I had to reread your great story today and my absolute favourite is chapter 19! Erik and Christine make love for the very first time during Nadir and Raoul are fighting vociferous for their lifes in the torture-chamber - this is really sick - and I love it!

One itty-bitty incoherency: you write that Erik is about fifty years old (like Kay's phantom, I really enjoyed all your allusion, particular concerning to Erik's appearance and the fullmask) but you also let Raoul be nearly at the same age as Christine (and she is between 16-18). So, there are more than 30 years between Raoul/Erik. Even if Madeleine was very young, when she had born Erik - more than 30 years seem to be impossible between half-brothers having the same mother!

nothing that can't be fixed - nevertheless I love it!

At last: first, I'm sure that Father Time will allow Erik to be the father of her child and second I think he knows ;-)) He is a complete wacko to abandon her in this situation but maybe he can't bear the thought of a child that has inherited his skeletal appearance - which I imagined it has for sure - and unfortunately not only he won't ever know but also all your readers! Otherwise, if he is really not the father of the baby: you know, the cuckoo ... the cuckoo is a beautiful bird!

You are a really wicked girl and once again: wonderful story!
erikmylove chapter 22 . 7/30/2005
Wow, this was a roller-coaster-ride! You are really evil to turn round Susan Kay’s story in such a ingenius twisted way! Your Erik is as pervers and sadistic (the coffin scene made me shiver!) as Christine is his complementing brat. Marquis de Sade and Roald Dahl would be proud of you. I love your story – it’s simply the best phanphic I‘ve ever read!

Just a small objection: don't you think the T-rating may be a little understated?

in awe of your art:

eml
Entropique chapter 22 . 6/4/2005
Your fic is absolutely marvelous. Christine is a very interesting person, there's more to her character than in Leroux or Kay's book. I like it. Erik is still very much Erik, I love it. Please update soon and thanks for writing it.
lindaferguson chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
An interesting take on the story. I liked how you focused on Erik's strong sense of morality when it came to Christine's flighty nature. He was a murderer, yes, but he had his good reasons. Everything he did was from his heart, good or bad, and he was always true to that. This flaky Christine was a pain, and no wonder he tired of her although he will always love her. I liked that you gave expression to Erik's sexual side, too. I think it would have been nice if you could have developed it in more detail rather than rushing through it with one-word descriptors. Good luck on future stories.
laura chapter 22 . 5/12/2005
I liked it. I never thought they should end up together. They only help each other deeper into insanity. I guess the only thing I wondered about were the other characters. They're not developed of course because it's from Erik's viewpoint, but I still wondered if Christine was that manipulative and Raoul that pathetic. Hope to read more of your stories.
ahomelesspirate chapter 22 . 5/5/2005
Very good, you have amazing characters, and plot twists that I cannot predict. I am looking forward to more from you!
SabrinaFair chapter 1 . 4/24/2005
I really liked how your story progressed. It seemed very genuine when Christine finally chose Erik. However, I do have to admit that when I first read the end I really hated it (I'm a E/C shipper all the way). But the more I thought about it, the more I came to realize that the story works that way. It's Erik's final sacrfice for Christine and it shows just how much he loves her. You've gotten me to like a story without an E/C ending (not an easy task). Congrats: )
the most amazed phan ever chapter 22 . 4/23/2005
i absolutely love you!... this story, (which is of my two favorites ever) has the best ending possible. Yes, we would all love for Christine to be with Erik in the end... But this way is so much more meaningful, so much more real. So Brava, my dear authoress, please grant your adoring phans with more lovely stories.

Much Love
galabalesh chapter 22 . 4/7/2005
oh wow..*has to sit down* you just pissed off so many phangirls...ah well, this is probably the best phanfic I have ever read!
JustBFree5 chapter 22 . 4/2/2005
great story, and i know this will sound strange, but i'm glad that erik finally realized what a brat Christine can be!
mememe chapter 22 . 3/27/2005
wowwe i enjoyed it. Confusing in places but apart from that ur... 100% and 10/10 and 5/5 and two thumbs up and all my Xbox games I give to you for a fantabulous story. Well done. (ur.. can I keep the Xbox games please?) lol
Olethros chapter 22 . 3/25/2005
Thank you so so much that most delicious mindtrip. It would have been so easy to turn this into something dripping with sap. After all, it's easy to demonize Erik and still make him capable of a happy ending, no? And isn't that what so many people do in the end? Even though Erik is an unhinged murderer and Christine a selfish little girl? I admire your courage to be *realistic* and I admire your originality. I could not imagine this story ending any other way and I shall say that I could not be more pleased. Bravi!
la chiede il tuo cor chapter 22 . 3/23/2005
Oh. My God.

This is bloody fantastic! Erik is so... Perfect; I've never seen him *blended* this way before... It's perfection. (Runs for a cold shower.)

On my favorites list, now!
352 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »