Reviews for Temperance
Not Quite chapter 22 . 3/23/2005
Since I am a selfish little person, I was really kinda hoping for the fairy-tale ending for Christine and Erik, but when I really delve into it, it seems to me that Christine Daae is a hopeless and childlike Ophelia, and her character simply won't allow any happy ending of any happy sort. This story has so much depth to it, more depth than I had initially seen. Wow. I mean really. Thanks for making my day...and making me see how things really are in Erik's world.
PhantomsAngel chapter 21 . 3/21/2005
This review is actually meant for chapter 22, and the last one for this chapter. I can't believe it's over! I love this story so much, you should really publish it. You captured Erik so perfectly. Wow. Wow, wow, wow.
PhantomsAngel chapter 22 . 3/21/2005
Woah. This is just absolutely amazing, it keeps getting better, which I initially thought couldn't happen since this story is completely perfect. BRAVO!
runtus maximus chapter 22 . 3/20/2005
Aww... It's done. :( Wonderful, unexpected ending, my dear. You kept everyone in character. Great job.
bobmcbobbob1 chapter 22 . 3/19/2005
Wow...(and the catharsis floods in).

Erik...bitter...nah... Now that was a clincher though, not to mention, well, some well deserved punishment for Christine.

Great job.
cbucz chapter 22 . 3/19/2005
WAH! SOB SOB SOB. I waited so long for the end and it's so damn sad. Very nice. :)
Louvelex chapter 22 . 3/19/2005
Oh wow. What an interesting ending..I especially like how it ties to the beginning.

The whole story was just fantastic- you write beautifully and your portrayal of a darker phantom works perfectly. I can't deny, being a Christine fan and perhaps perceiving her a little differently, that I was a tad disappointed at the end. But then, maybe the Phantom is only bitter about what she's done which was pretty damn stupid of her.

I'm so so glad I found this story. Thanks for sharing :)
joanieponytail chapter 22 . 3/18/2005
Oh my. I certainly was not expecting this ending. And even though I don't like it, I think it works. While Erik's heart may have been broken at the end of his relationship with Christine, it is good to know it was not a permanent condition.

Thank you for sharing this story with us all.

If I had to pick one favorite thing, I suppose it would have to be the mask with the kiss on it.
Padme Nijiri chapter 22 . 3/18/2005
That's so sad! But what if it is his? That's not on, we should see what the child is...please.
Pickledishkiller chapter 22 . 3/18/2005
Holy crap... I think you just temporarily sucked my soul into some deep pit of horrified depression and despair... So I can't really tell you how damn good I think this is until it comes back with a box of tissues... Awesome dramatization for the ending.
unrecognizablesn chapter 22 . 3/17/2005
D00d. Finally, she gets what she deserves. This was a lovely story. )
Senna Wales chapter 22 . 3/17/2005
Wow. That. Was. Marvelous.

True, at the first line I felt a bit miffed. This fic seemed so E/C, but what did it end up as? R/C. Quite a surprise, and somewhat of a disappointment to my E/C side. But, as I kept reading, I loved it more for its fairy tale ending. It's the fairy tale ending that is *supposed* to happen, and it's a diss and satiric twist to all of the hardcore E/C writers out there who create the beautiful little fairy tale in which Christine returns again and everything's happy ever after. Your interpretation of Erik is a little more twisted and ingenious than that, and far less submissive as the Leroux verison of Erik (who told Christine he was only her dog). This Erik is far more domineering that Leroux's. Which is fine; his actions fit perfectly with the way you've characterized him. I also love how by the end of the fic, this was a story not only about Erik and Christine, but also about Raoul, even to an extent his own happiness.

The ending is perfect. He brings us back to the beginning in which Erik addressed us directly, and ties it all back together. The final lies, perfect.

I am so glad I found this fic. :-D
Witchy-grrl chapter 22 . 3/17/2005
::shakes head:: What an ending...I feel unsettled, but I like it. :) I think this story was perfect for a darker Erik. And Christine...well, Erik's right: she is selfish.

LOVED IT! Probably one of the best endings for a POTO fic out there, simply because I didn't expect it. :)
Paige Turner3 chapter 22 . 3/17/2005
Oh my GOD that was wonderful. I was waiting for an update to this, I actually intended this morning to review your latest chapter to beg you to post another. And now, my wish comes true, and you have updated. But it is over! *slight sobbing* ah well, all brilliant things must come to an end, I suppose. And it was lovely. The last chapter was just magnificent... amazing. I loved the entire story; you are so wonderful. Congratulations, and write again soon. You're so great at it. *worship*

Anyway, just had to express my utter LOVE for your story. _ Thanks for it!
TheOutlawsPrincess chapter 14 . 3/17/2005