Reviews for Dragon Ball Super Z Episode 1: Walk This World
Japanese parts completely unnecessary and makes it impossible to understand sometimes.
moneygreen932 chapter 1 . 10/24/2017
This story should've been a master piece. At times it seemed like it could get there... Then you heaped in the Japanese... I really don't get why people do this I mean I do but I don't. I get that they're big fans of the culture and watch the shows and animes in sub (even though Dragon Ball Z subbed is tough to watch so more power to you) but it just RUINS a story in your head because it makes you jump back and forth for the voices in your head.. Now I get it if you wanted to add honorifics or if you wanted to use it for universal phrases like "what" or "sorry" and "Thank you". Things that everyone knows, but you heaped it on for sentences and words that people would have to get encyclopedias and check google for translations just to read your story...

I mean the Japanese would write this out in Kanji anyway so this isn't a tribute to them and it makes it tough for your english readers to follow along. But with that aside this story was good. I don't wanna tear it all down or be a "flamer" This is a good story and for the bits that I COULD understand and tolerate I enjoyed it. I replaced most of the Japanese words with the english one when I could and thoroughly enjoyed the pacing and the plot of this story. Not sure I ever read a Trunks/18 story where the Z fighters came back in this fashion so this was well done.

Another thing, the pacing. The pacing between Trunks and 18 was well done too. They're not even together yet but it's been set up well and that's good. They also didn't just rush to fall in love with and their progress is believable and enjoyable, great stuff.

Now for seeing if they all stayed in character. For the most part, yes. Good job keeping everyone in character. Besides from the random Japanese it was very easy to imagine all the people talking and doing these things as their characters in my head.

All in all, I understand your love or appreciation or whatever it is you have for the Japanese culture and I know you wrote this a long time ago and don't know if you're around or will get this but all in all thank you for this story. It was good, great even. But the thing that keeps it from masterpiece level (at least in my eyes and some other's eyes) is the Japanese that just jumps out the middle of nowhere. YOu don't have them constantly have them talking it at all times just at select times. It would be better if your story is mostly in english to just keep it in english and let the readers imagine that they're speaking in Japanese because I mean that's what the damn subs are for. There are no subs to translate when we're reading unless you translate the word for us when you use it in your story. You don't so it creates frustration as a reader. But that aside the story is great that's it's only flaw. Idk if I can make it through the rest of the story because of it as this was really a lot and that really threw me off from time to time. But if not thank you for this it was a great read and even with my frustrations I really enjoyed it most of the time.
Hiruman chapter 1 . 8/30/2017
Great fanfic, but Trunks act out of characters several time during the story. And you really should use less japanese words. Kaa-san or baka was fine, but reading an entire dialog / reaction in Japanese can get a bit annoying.

Now, if only someone could make a manga out of this...
Denizenn chapter 1 . 12/23/2016
You wrote an english story. Yet you kept writing japanese words. It got extremely irritating, because it changes the voices I read the dialogue in, and sounds so weird to me - and I've watched DBS in english sub from the original.

Crossing over and jumping from english to japanese is riduclous in and of itself.

Your story is great, but fuck me it's hard to look past those irritating weeb words. Sorry but I am writing this review, moments after finishing the story and I'm still bothered. But overall the story itself is well done, so I must commend you for that.
Fan of 17 chapter 1 . 1/27/2016
Interesting only two types of people I know that say Oi is Skinheads and people from England. I do not like the little Asian phrases you kept putting in there. It's only either or. It can not be both. I'm Assuming your not Japanese. The japanese people would not be impressed nor would they accepted you thinking it's cool to do that. i just thought you should know that ;)
The Truth of Words chapter 1 . 11/12/2015
A saiyan saying to hell with their stomach?! What has the world come too!
Cat Avatar for the DCG chapter 1 . 9/5/2015
So, this was one of the first Dragon Ball fanfics I remember really loving. I used to have a copy downloaded onto 3.5" floppy, which dates it (and me.). I still like it, and especially the affection you write all of the characters with. No Goku bashing, or Yamcha bashing, or anyone bashing. Clear love for all of the characters shines through in your writing, and I appretiate it, both then and now.

If I were going to wish anything changed, at this late date, it would be the fan-japanese. My tolerance for that has dropped to nil in the intervening decades, so it's super jarring.

Meh, small things in a great, fun blast from the past. Thank you for writing!

P.S. You also introduced me to Heather Nova, so thank you for that as well.
jess chapter 1 . 7/5/2015
You can watch it here Full HD and Subbed

/watch/dragon-ball-super
rgs chapter 1 . 5/31/2015
gfsgdg
Indalecio246 chapter 1 . 3/6/2015
Good story. Needs less random Japanese.
NukeA6 chapter 1 . 11/4/2014
It's been almost 15 years since I read the whole DB Super Z and I'm really glad it's still around. The year 2000 really holds some of the best Dragon Ball memories for me.

I don't read a lot of fan fiction but yours is easily the best I've ever found. You not only made Trunks and 18 a convincing couple, you got Piccolo's and Vegeta's personalities spot on. Hell, I even like your Piccolo better than the one in DBZ. That really says a lot.

You probably moved on with your life and may not be reading this but I just want to say thanks for the great memories.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
Is that it? W-w-WHAT HAPPENED TO TRUNKS AND 18?! TTTT PLZ! CONTINUE THIS FAN FIC!
vegeta1230 chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
ok ok
Symphonic Veins chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
I'm so happy I finally found this again, after so many years. This is the story that first got me into fan-fiction and writing, so thank you. 3 Truly it's still the best I've ever come across.
Dudette Angel Rose chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Why haven't you add the other stories? Plz add the other stories and if you can keep writing more that wuld be great! I have been following the story for years! please