Reviews for Something Beautiful
pixiestix16 chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
You camptured marty wonderfully, although from a distance... A distance most one-shots require, though. I loved the little details you mentioned about her drinking habits (perfect, showing her desire to be grown and sophisticated contrasted with her wild youth) and her preference in men (the mention of rome as well as of brother bummer were particularly great), but i must say i felt that willie was a bit lacking. I'm not sure why, and it might just be me, but there was something missing from him.
ne71 chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
This was, years ago, one of the first stories I'd ever read on this site, and it remains one of the best. I loved this movie, loved the yearning aspect of the impossible situation in which Willie and Marty found themselves, and you've managed to capture it here with an even stronger feel. Now the gap between them isn't quite as wide, but it's a gap nonetheless.

Thanks for writing this. It's beautiful.

Nick
MissTwilight chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
That was beautiful.

You're a very talented writer.
SunsetOfForever22 chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Wonderful. Absolutely fantastic. You've captured their characters beautifully.
IlovetowriteSMP chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
Love your writing style.
airbolt chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
If ever a film left you wanting to know what happened next , then this is the one. I liked this tale because it doesn't Go for the obvious "happy " ending. They are still immensely attracted but ( as with so much in life ) find that there are invisible Barriers between them.

Very enjoyable and well written
Kitty Kat chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
absolutely heartwrenching.. i loved every syllable.
Cunning Linguist chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
You captured the character's and the spark between them throughout the movie beautifully.
MidnightBlue88 chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
This was a very sad, but ultimately satisfying one-shot. I loved the part about Willie writing songs that "make older men sigh in that heavy, weighted down way and women tear up at his piano bar", and my heart broke a little when I read about Marty sleeping with older men and one boy her age with Willie's eyes. Very realistic and beautiful, a great piece of fan fiction. Thank you for writing it.
mon cherie chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Futileness?

FUTILITY!
the fourth wheel chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
This is such a beautiful story. This is exactly the kind of fanfic I was hoping to find right after I watched the movie. I love it, it's fantastic.

-Kristina
Celtic-Wildflower chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
I want more out of this story. It's really good so far, but I want more. Keep up the good work.
Jennifer12 chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
Hey there!

I really enjoyed your fic. I love that movie and I always thought Willie/Marty were so cute even though she was young. I hope you do another fic on them soon.