Reviews for Slide
Erick chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
I always did like John and Chiana's relationship more so than John and Aeryn's, and I hope that you will continue this particular series (Traveling Companions and Slide). There aren't very many people who write about them with any accuracy to who they are, how they view each other, or what their relationship is. You have amazingly captured it all with your stories. I know that it's been almost two and a half years since these particular stories were written, but I hope perhaps, with a little encouragement, you could write more. It's either that or I poke you with a really big stick until you do.
MariShal chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
Please write more! I loved this one too, it was so very sweet...you are a great writer.
Picture girl chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
This is wonderful and a true sense of sadness and friendship.

My fave line: "She wanted to fight away everything that had hurt him, but then there would be nothing left."
eScapefreak chapter 1 . 12/8/2004
The brilliance of your work Layton, again takes my breath.

My compassion in this case is for Chiana, who wants so desperately to help her friend but does not know how...

As usual, if you write it I will read it...
Kat chapter 1 . 12/6/2004
That was great! I love your take on Chiana and John. Well done, please continue.
meckman chapter 1 . 12/6/2004
You know, at this point I only check to see if you have a new story up. You have a remarkable grasp on the Farscape characters, and you write such wonderful vignettes and stories. And for what it's worth, I really like Chiana-Crichton fiction, too! Thanks so much for posting your stories.
Antigone11 chapter 1 . 12/6/2004
I like the John/Chiana relationship too. They're so tactile. I don't think of them as romantic though. It seems more like a fierce little sister ready to defend her beloved brother from any and all comers, and at the same time, desperately wants him to be proud of her.
mayanscaper chapter 1 . 12/6/2004
Layton, excellent as always. I think the Chiana's and John's relationship in Season 4 was the only thing holding me on to Farscape for awhile. You captured that love and screwed up psyches of both characters so well.

I would love to see John somehow reciprocate Chiana's compassion-get her to speak about the rape, give her some peace. She is insightful but really really messed up-witness her antics during A Prefect Murder. I believe that John trying to get her to see reason after that ep would be the next scene in your wonderful series. I think that John was getting off the Lakha by that time-witness his turning away from the bulb and his compassion for Aeryn at the end of the ep. I think a confrontation with Chiana about her behavior and why it happened would be interesting to study.
jordan chapter 1 . 12/5/2004
i like this story, i like all your storys so please add more to this one.