Reviews for The King's Commission
kateydidnt chapter 72 . 10/27/2005
so, how did Sam escape that particular fate if the effect of the ring was almost immediate? Too short a time with the ring?
kateydidnt chapter 22 . 10/26/2005
hehehe, Sam letting his children use his circlet as a teething ring is just priceless!
Aelaer chapter 80 . 7/18/2005
I started reading this story probably around a year ago, and read to about chapter 17 or 18 when I had to take a long hiatus due to school. I found this story again once more this summer, and this night I have finally finished this.

This is a brilliant and absolutely excellent well-written fan fiction novel. Your OCs are absolutely astounding, you display minor Tolkien characters with brilliance and all main Tolkien characters are completely canon and true to themselves.

I especially enjoyed learning more about how Gondor works in everyday life. Rarely do we get to see everyday life in fan fiction and you portray it brilliantly. I like the thought of the guild system, the sanitary conditions in the Houses of Healing, and just the overall intelligence, cleaniless, and state of living in Minas Anor. I can imagine Gondor turning into this absolutely lovely place... you captured it brilliantly.

I love how you portrayed the hobbits; innocent, yet not like children as so many other stories seem to portray them. I also love the Aragorn/hobbit interactions; fan fiction frankly does not have enough of that, and it was very lovely to see. Not to mention it was absolutely brilliant to see Aragorn book-canon! That made me enjoy the story so much.

The disabilities of these characters really touched me, and I am glad you used a 'mannakin' as a main character. My own mother is a special education teacher and she teaches children with mental and physical disabilities, and in some cases, both. How you showed the strengths and weaknesses of those with disabilities in your story was absolutely fabulous.

You are just a brilliant writer. I really enjoyed all of the detail and hard work you put into this. I cannot wait to read a few more of your stories (especially with Aragorn... you are one of the very few who I think has captured Aragorn brilliantly). From beginning to end this was brilliant... from the small artistic details (I especially liked those, as I am a beginning artist myself), the Thorongil jokes, the laughs, the hardships, the political strifes, the whole story with Vorondil... absolutely brilliant.

Thank you again. I enjoyed it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
the black leopard chapter 80 . 4/6/2005
wow! Your story was one of the best I've ever read. I had me quite literally in tears at the end. You did a really good job making the characters come to life, and at times I forgot that it wasn't already published in a book somewhere. Thank you so much for writing and posting this story.
Lady Jammchra chapter 80 . 3/30/2005
after reading all of this story as well as the others you've posted, I totally agree that some

questions were still out there that really needed answering. You've done a fairly good job of this and I've printed pages off to include with my

1st edition printing of books by JRR Tolkien.

(my first books on the 'ring' was from a good friend who realized I liked reading at a young age and still do). You seems to have given some substance to certain areas that lacked this as well as background for possibly happening. I always wondered about the years after and in between times that the fellowship met 'till Legolas and Gimil sailed west. Now I've some course to follow that sounds probable more than the discussion of others when we do discuss books, movies etc. Thank you. PS I must let you know I stand only 4 feet 7 inches tall. the rest of my family are 5 foot 4 to over 6 foot tall. we have Dwarfism and what the call pygmies (spelling) in our family and sometimes that very

quiet gene makes an appearance.
earnest chapter 80 . 3/18/2005
Again a wonderful story,

I also like Aragorn, and I am glad you have the talent to show this love in such a way.

Really beautiful.
lovethosehobbits chapter 80 . 3/18/2005
Bonnie- While I have had little time to read these past months I did get a chance to read much of this wonderful story and wanted you to know how very, very impressed I was by your writing and the detail you offered to the surroundings and your characters. I felt as if I was part of your story and commend you on your fantastic tale. tree
Lady Lunas chapter 80 . 3/17/2005
I have been following this story ever since I discovered on Stories of Arda weeks ago. I'm sorry I never reviewed it before.

This is one of the best Original Character stories I have ever come across. Ruvemir is done so well he came to life in the words you wrote, as did all the other characters.

The situations and the characters involved rang true to Tolkien. I enjoyed the description of Aragorn and Frodo's relationship. You depicted everything in the story beautifully. The sculpture was magnificent, I never thought of anything like that being done. I liked the subplots of the war and the conspiracy interwoven with the main storyline and how it developed all the characters. The ending was perfect and I love the way everything was wrapped up, especially in the scene with Frodo.

I wish I could go through and detail everything I like about this work, but that would take ages to do. There's just so much. I just wish I had the words to explain just how much I enjoyed this. You are an incredible writer.
lindahoyland chapter 79 . 3/17/2005
What a beautiful ending, I enjoyed this story especially your portrayal of Aragorn and hope you will write more stories about visit to the North would be nice .Thank you for an enjoyable read.
sharon chapter 78 . 3/17/2005
Oh this was just lovely, all of it, beginning to end. I actually have tears in my eyes. What a fine character you have created in Ruvemir the Master Sculptor. He was a man who was made to have the love of Aragorn and Sam and at the end, Frodo, dignified and compassionate, proud and strong, light of sprirt and bound with an undeniable honor. I think that somewhere, JRRT is probably enjoying this magnificent character you have given to us.
Laurelin chapter 78 . 3/17/2005
HA you cheated! I wanted to hear of the other commissions in detail, instead I only got a summary of what had happened. And the sculptor has died... it was a good end to a wonderful story, which gave me hours of pleasure, but how will I get now my sequel(s)? Well, anyway, I want to applaud you for a job well done :D

*clapping*

L.
Laurelin chapter 77 . 3/16/2005
Such a beautiful story! Your characters (both canon and own) are wonderful, your plot was too, and the way the story is written simply draws me in to the point of not hearing/seeing anything else until the end of the chapter. And I never even found a typo, except that sometimes there is no space between two words. But that is my only complaint :)

If this chapter was the last, I demand a sequel (or three *g*)!

L.
1122334455 chapter 77 . 3/15/2005
Wow, this has been a great read. Thank you.
earnest chapter 74 . 3/13/2005
You are wonderful in writing the fowlling events

after the Ring war by adding original characters as main observers, yet at the same time keeping the story fresh and to the main course.

I've recently read your story and found the intention pure and just, a rare trait nowadays in fanfition domain, which teeming with violence and sordid affairs.I saw a writer with heart in your story. It's harder to dipict goodness than decay (The power of entropy, downward is easier).I saw your love for the characters in the repeating of their feats and the attempt to make the retelling sometimes,(in former chapters especially),it's a bit tiresome to bear the same recount.I welcom new plot added in the latter chpters ,(an open system to good elements is always better than a closed one)And enjoy the story immensely. Keep my eyes open for more.
Soundgod chapter 74 . 3/13/2005
Very wonderful Story, I have really enjoyed it so far, the depth of the Originals is amazing, and you have captured the character of all of Prof Tolkien's Characters perfectly. Please continue to write.
140 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »