Reviews for Love With the Lights Out
Nokomarie the Snake chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
Nearly a year since this has been posted. Early December is the dark edge of Winter after all.

Probably this Kohaku is the way Takahashi really intended him. But, she's a humorist, she tells jokes to cover the dark parts, she didn't have the guts to follow through on what she was first pointing at.
Dark Angel Of Fire Ice chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
*glomps* That was AWESOME. I
sesshy's numba1 gurl chapter 1 . 9/17/2005
is this a one shot and i dont really get it?
Ikumak chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
This was rather interesting. Disturbing yes but still interesting. I like your style of writing.
DarkJisushiku chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
perfectly amazing.
Wheezambu chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
i love this...so much...i'm reviewing although I'm IM'ing you right now so i can put it in my favs...
Ice Vixen X chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
O_O ~_~ O_O ~_~ blink blink... that was... beautiful. i loved it. you are a true artist with words... _~
balckmagic chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
that was great...

i really liked it
ingra-of-mordor chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
Whoa...that was pretty intense. Of course, I loved the way you portrayed Kohaku in this fic. Absolutely brilliant.
M.C. Pee Pants chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
Wow...Garden tools ARE fun! - Muy Bien! Very well detailed and i really liked the mood of the story. Cool dark fic. I'll pray for you sweet dreams. - Bye bye apple pie!
why chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
this story has no true darkside to it my baby cousin has scary things in his dipar
Raihu chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
I'm sorry to hear that so many nightmares have been giving you trouble lately. T_T It's weird; I've had my fair share of odd dreams too. I wonder if its something on FFN . . .

However, if ::anything:: good can come from unpleasantries like that, it's an amazing story like this. I think that atmosphere is the most important part of any written work; even though it's the one aspect that isn't necessary to a story, it can make written word into a kind of revelation. In this, the atmosphere is so dark and heavy that I could almost feel it. True to the title, it seems to me that all the lights nearby have dimmed.

Now, Kohaku is a character who takes a lot of crap from fanfiction authors. In trying to make him seem helpless or afraid or angry, he just comes out flat and lifeless, not so much a character as he is a little blip on the Angstmeter. But I love the way you've written him. He's alive - even though he isn't, really - and he makes his own decisions - kind of - and he's trapped because he wants to be. As I read, I became more and more convinced that this is the way he really is.

Your style is incredibly vivid, as usual. And somehow remarkably emotional. Though it's dark, this piece is more moving than about 90% all other stories I've read. Ever. Be they published or amateur or whatever. I can't really say why, but every sentence resonates with all the things I want in an atmospheric story. Very pleasing to read.

I hope you're feeling well again soon, in body, mind, and whatever else remains. Know at least that you still have the power to create something lovely, even when things look a little bleak.
Elementsofmine chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
Wonderful as always. There's no way anyone can compare to you. Kudos on another great work, I've been a bit behind lately in answering the piling Author Alerts. Ah, well. Have fun writing more~

elementsofmine
Mauztattoo chapter 1 . 12/8/2004
Ow! Stockholm Syndrome to the 'nth degree! This is such a dark and painful piece,straight out of a nightmare. I hope that you feel better soon,Aiffe!
Ariyana chapter 1 . 12/7/2004
When you go dark, damn you really go dark. Powerful piece, you must have some sadistic nightmares then. Poor Kohaku. I really do feel for the kid.