Reviews for Aftermath
Vadercat chapter 1 . 4/16/2017
I'm surprised you didn't have Sheppard dig out Steve McQueen 's movie to watch. It was an interesting tag.
Irene34 chapter 7 . 6/13/2014
Lovely, just lovely, thanks.
Agent Malkere chapter 7 . 11/30/2011
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY TEYLA! And the awesomeness of disrupting seating plans! And epic vroom-y car references! Fantastic story and writing!

~Agent Malkere
rsharpe chapter 7 . 9/10/2010
I'm very late finding this story, but had to tell you how much I enjoyed it!
Lejana chapter 7 . 8/26/2010
wow... a really amazing story. I loved to read it. Great work. Everything is just the way I like it. :)
Dimac99 chapter 7 . 10/15/2009
Grr! Despite the happy ending, this story made me ANGRY! Glad Kavanaugh get injured, even if it was *off camera* since, like everyone else in the universe, I don't like him!
Whirlwind421 chapter 7 . 4/16/2009
Beautiful story! This was not a view I ever thought of before...I thought Poor Gall that died...but never realized the implications. I loved Part 6 the best! I was writing awesomely! Great job!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
That's so mean that Ford would think that!
Trovia chapter 7 . 12/8/2008
Huh. I came over by way of the stargateficrec community on lj. I'm not really sure if I should review because while this is a very, very good story in terms of characters, dramatic tension, plot (loved the dramatic climax with Rodney's mini breakdown and Teyla standing by him), it also left me feeling slightly uncomfortable. It may be cultural.

There's an underlying message to this story for me that says that only cowards commit suicide. If somebody commits suicide, it must be rationalized into looking like the act of a hero or otherwise be explained as a part of a battle / caused by deadly wounds and so on. While you have John tell off Ford for being a choir boy, you still very much condemn suicide.

I happen to disagree but it's your story of course and if you see it like that, fine with me. Unfortunately though you fail to discuss the issue - you just assume that everybody thinks like you. Teyla's people think that suicide is for cowards. "Most societies on Earth" think so as well according to your story. This is however not true. It's just the catholic perspective (or the Republican maybe? I'm not American, I wouldn't know). As an atheist, I consider suicide to be a tragedy. Not a sin, not a mistake, just a tragedy. If Gaul were my friend, I would not need a heroic excuse for his choice (and trust me if I say, I've been there). This is not an uncommon point of view especially amongst academics, of which there are many on Atlantis, as well as in many cultures, and Atlantis is very international. Many nations don't persecute assistance of suicide. I'm surprised to learn that the USA make such a big deal out of it, actually (although I see how there would be a hearing for murder charges).

All that said, I think it's a shame that your story glosses over that aspect. It doesn't ring true to me. Even if you are to conclude that suicide is evil, which I wouldn't critizise, it's kinda irritating that you don't even contemplate that point of view - you just ignore it. I suppose you're not aware of it, which is why I write this long review. It's a shame because it's a good story and it could have been a really great story, if it were to cover all the the angles. Sadly though, this way it's not a logical discussion, it's just a well-written story which comes off as a piece of philosophical / religious propaganda. And I'm sure that's not what you meant to do. So I write this review to tell you, thinking that maybe you'd want to know. :)
x Varda x chapter 7 . 9/27/2008
That was beautiful. I liked Rodney's very public but very moving breakdown, until Teyla jumped in and put everyone back on his side :) ready to face another day...
timme chapter 3 . 6/16/2008
sweet little patriot speech elizabeth. but it's still you who's deciding what laws to follow and when, not that the expection to the wraith isn't appreciated. she's still forcing everyone to follow one justice system, for whatever reason, than to adapt their laws and ways to their new situation. everyone's done it to some extent throughout history, they had to. poor rodney. she's trying to appease people's baseless accusations and mob mentality at the cost of him.
ferryboat George chapter 7 . 3/28/2008
The episode did king of leave things hanging, and you did a great job of wrapping them up :P
302pilot chapter 7 . 10/22/2007
One of the best fics I've read! Excellent story, writing was true to characters, wonderful dialogue. I'm off to read it again! Thanks for sharing it with us! (and I have to say, I never really saw Rodney as a car buff, but you wrote it so wonderfully-I could easily see Sheppard and McKay passing the time chatting about cars from that era!)
stargate addict chapter 6 . 2/16/2007
Wonderful story! Ahh, the angst- perfect. :) I loved all the banter between McKay and Sheppard at the last chapter... of course, I missed most of the references, but that's not the point. ;)

*favs* Great job! :D
bibliotech chapter 7 . 7/25/2006
I love stories that shows the "what happens after" parts of episodes. Very well done!