Reviews for Bruce Wayne checks in
neosildrake chapter 6 . 1/17/2007
Reminds me of "Die Hard" and "Under Siege".

The idea with Alfred knocking out the Joker with some tincans of fruits is kinda funny.

Batsy is cool as an icecube... no pun intented.:)

I'm not much of a ffwriter myself, but I'm quite accomplished at creating plotbunnies. I have a few about Batman in my mind and maybe I'll post them... when I find a place to do so. maybe at adultfanfictionnet.
Killing Joke chapter 2 . 6/23/2005
Firstly, thankyou so much for reviewing my Batman story. :) Now...I had to read this one of yours because of the title...it amused me...and having just encountered Alfred struggling with the batsuit, it really doesn't disappoint to read.

Plus, I loved this line: "No smoking! Do you want to lower the tone of this four star hotel?"

...so typical of my favourite character.
Connie chapter 6 . 5/11/2005
Great story. Very nicely done throughout! I'm quickly becoming a fan )

I read your Matrix crossover (haven't reviewed yet, but I'll get to it!) and found the Batman parts great and had to read more.

I have to agree with some of your previous reviewers though - the Alfred is a tad OOCish, but then again I'm terribly behind in Batman. Don't get to see much cannon. So with my limited knowledge, it didn't bother me.

Well anyways, I'm off to read more of your lovely work
VeltaIO chapter 6 . 12/22/2004
Thanks again for a fun read.
cmar chapter 6 . 12/22/2004
Very nice, some great action. While the invincible Batman isn't to my personal taste, you did it pretty believably, and the last paragraphs were a good laugh.
cmar chapter 5 . 12/20/2004
This is very impressive for a first story - in fact, it's very impressive period. Lots of good action, good plotting, great dialog, and very clever humor.

Some turns of phrase that really had me smiling -"the ice cream of Gotham’s elite", "Her normal cut glass accent sounding slightly cracked". Great stuff.

Criticism - you might watch out for the Britishisms: lift instead of elevator, Bruce saying "Steady on chaps!", but it's only a quibble.

Very very nice work, keep it up!
VeltaIO chapter 5 . 12/19/2004
Story moving right along. Just needs a bit of an edit, particularly for missing commas. As before, I enjoyed seeing Alfred's creative thinking. The mirror was a nice touch. So was the reference to Zorro - the movie Bruce and his parents saw the night they were killed. At the same time Alfred'sforgetfulness about what Bruce had taught him seems out of character even without the background I expect for him, as he is always taking care of Bruce's injuries, and obviously knows more than just the basics of first aid. Oh well, don't mind ignoring that when everything else is so enjoyable. The irate guest was another fun touch. Please keep on with this freat fun tale.
VeltaIO chapter 4 . 12/17/2004
Really nice installment. Jiker's paragraph was just spot on in terms of characterization. (Batman getting fruity and not being invited to Tavi's party are both comments that it is easy to imagine him making.) The professional soldier's hardened courage being overcome by fear of an urban nightmare was very well portrayed. I think this is your best chapter yet. To this complete neophyte when it comes to the military, except through reading, the military jargon sounded realistic and appropriate.

Keep up the great work. Definitely looking forward to the next installment.
SchattenShadow chapter 3 . 12/14/2004
Pretty funny. I like how the Joker was making fun of Alfred. It's a good fic.
chewie-2006 chapter 3 . 12/13/2004
This is comming along real nicely, keep up the good work.
VeltaIO chapter 3 . 12/13/2004
Nice to see Alfred acting more capable. That was the only thing I did not like about chapter 2 - Alfred seemed to be OOC - he is a very competent man, an ex-soldier or secret agent and should be able to help actively even though he usually does not have to. In 2 he came across as a ditz but at the beginning of three he is back to his competent self: "the car sideswiped three of the Jokers henchmen throwing them against the wall and knocking them out."

But then it's back to being a klutz again. Oh well... the stories still good, and Alfred still overcame the Joker.

I thought Alfred's background was canon - am I confused (maybe I got that idea from some of the fics I've been reading?) or did you change it, since your Alfred say's he has no skills along Bat lines.

Either way I'm treating this as an AU version of Alfred - and it is fun seeing the usually unruffled Alfred looking to be out of his depth. The last line is just classic.

Loking forward to the next instalment.
VeltaIO chapter 2 . 12/12/2004
Promissing beginning. Good cliffhanger. Please continue soon.
SchattenShadow chapter 2 . 12/11/2004
O, tense. I've been tailing this story, and I don't usually review...but I thought you needed some response. I mean, what's wrong with people that they don't review? You should get thousands of reviews saying, "HOLY FAN FICTION BATMAN- WRITE MORE!"

Of course, I'm too cool to review. I'm one of those silent readers. But then again, you need the response. So there you go Chappy.
chewie-2006 chapter 1 . 12/9/2004
Hmm, it's good so far. keep up the good work.
RobinofYJ chapter 1 . 12/9/2004
"Bruce quickly caught her and looked at the time. He had been locked in a hotel full of criminals for ten minutes and so far had only succeeded in knocking out one hostage."

LOL. Looking foward to more!