Reviews for Never Quite As It Seems
aphi72 chapter 12 . 1/27/2005
Ok, I'm just going to put it out there. I hope that you put Rory and Logan together in the end. Not to say that I don't like Jess, but I just don't think that he is right for her.

With Logan you get the passion and intellectual stimulation that Jess provided, but you also get to see Rory at her best. You get to see her step out of the proverbial box that she has been in. She is able to experience so much more, not just high society, but a different side to her personality, one that wouldn't have been tapped into had she been with Jess.
Leslie Anne Levine chapter 12 . 1/27/2005
Ok, i tried to think of something unbiased to say...but i can't...what can i say? i just don't like Logan much. But overall, this was an amazing chapter. :) I'm starting to love Lorelai more and more as i read this! And Jess of course...i really think Rory should take his advice...but thats me. ;) I think its amazing that you write so many stories, and you always manage to get them in on time...or something like that. hehe, sorry, tired. And i love the Jess and Logan relationship...type thing...ugh, i'm gonna stop here since i cant seem to be able to form coherent thoughts. ;) Please continue soon! Reealy loving this!
Lindakins chapter 11 . 1/27/2005
Ah ha! I knew after the first couple of chapters that this most likely would end up being a Rory/Jess story. Though I am a Logan fan, I enjoy the Jess of your story and the possibilities he brings for their relationship. I liked the Christopher/Luke parallel you made in the last part there, and even Lorelai's grudging acceptance of that fact. I can't wait to see how the rest of the story goes.
noddingheadgirl chapter 12 . 1/27/2005
will the town talk about logan? i'm sure someone (miss patty, babette surely, since she lives next to the gilmore girls) saw logan! and i need another update! lol
MsLessa chapter 11 . 1/25/2005
Right now you are evil, evil, evil, and I despise you. *snerk* Your playing with my head like a good author should but I don't have to like it. *pout* I want Rory with Logan but your are making a damn good arguement for Jess as well and I'm not into Lit at all. At least you haven't thrown Tristan into this mess as well..*shudder* my poor TRory heart wouldn't be able to take the strain.
Shauna3 chapter 11 . 1/25/2005
yayyayay! Jess is her Luke. That's because Jess is perfect for her. I love Jess.. keep writing!
Achelois chapter 11 . 1/25/2005
I'm so conflicted on who to root for as both our hero's are favorites of mine. Can you imagine what Luke would say, in one epsoide he said " i dont think anyones good enough for her he'd have to be a prince, first in line to the thrown"

Personaly I think she should go for Logan, passion fades, but comfort and acceptance is forever.

Anywho, can't wait for the next chapter

miloaddict chapter 11 . 1/25/2005
Great update! We have finally come to THE decision. And Jess is her Luke! YES! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Helle18 chapter 11 . 1/25/2005
Wow, Amy. It's getting better and better with each chapter.

I really like the Chris-Logan, Luke-Jess comparison. At first I went like "Chris-Logan, what? Why? Shouldn't it be Chris-Jess?" I was thinking in the old terms of Chris being Lorelai's big love (maybe somewhat subconciously, but still) for years and years 'til she finally started dating Luke. I guess being a crazy Lit I've always picyured Jess as Rory's big, true love. Then of course I acctually took in your reason for Logan being Rory's Chris and the pieces fell into place and it fit so beautifully. The way you tell us how Lorelai felt with Chris seems spot on. I don't really know what I want to say with this. I might just wanna say that you challanged one of my old "truths" about how things just are, and you came out a winner. Yeah, not much of an explanation, I know... I'd better stop here.

You already know I love this fic, but I'll say it again just to make up for this sucky, confusing review. I love this fic! There. I'm done! Leaving now...
smile1 chapter 11 . 1/25/2005

This chapter was amazing, definitely better than your last one. I especially liked the scene where Logan and Rory were in the same room together. There seemed to be a lot of tension and I liked the intensity you wrote it with, though my all time favorite part was the paragraph where Rory thought of Jess playing with her hair etc. I loved this chapter and can't wait for another one.

Bye, smile :-)
Fwoukje chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
I'm not saying it's the wrong ship, I'm saying that i might be reading waht is the wrong ship FOR ME. I genuinely think there needs to be a warning in the intro post...

I was willing to stick to it, if only for the sake of your beautiful writing, but this chapter has me saying goodbye, at least for now...

I love your style, and your writing, it's teriffic...i just genuinely hate the premise of thois story from the deepest of my heart. So i can;t read it...I agree with Cecilia on most points, so i won't elaborate.

If you ever write a totally sophie fic (with no logan/christopher/tristan comparisons or jess/marty/luke ones so much loved by all the closet trory's and lits) in the future I'll be sure t read it, heck, I'll print it out and have it laminated ;) It's nthing personal, just me not dealing with the comparisons of this kind...

plenty of people seem to love this sotry so you'd better write more ;)
Nyla chapter 11 . 1/24/2005
I think that you have captured perfectly the struggle Rory must have with balancing her life with her mom and the life of her grandparents. Whenever I read a chapter of this fic or any fics you write at the end of the chapter I'm always completely speechless and in some sort of shock and awe. This story is fabulous and by the way ignore people who keep trying to tell you you are writing the "wrong ship", there is no wrong ship it's whatever you want to write, so write on.

Now a few of my favorite watched her go. It wasn’t that it was killing her not to share the intimate details of the last few weeks. It was killing her how effortless the transition had been. Sighing, she placed her book down without marking the page—she’d been staring at page 98 for the better part of the last hour. She’d remember that until this evening, when she could slip under the comforting covers of her bed and resume the staring.

Until she met her mother’s gaze. Lorelai was instantly troubled, and rightly so. Here was her daughter in the arms of a man she’d seen fleetingly as Rory was promptly dropped off in her lawn, drunk and boyfriendless, a few months prior. She’d never told her mother so much as his name, but here she was, pressed as far into him as she could get as he moved her gracefully around the room. He whispered in her ear, and caused her to blush. She looked away from her mother quickly, not able to take the guilt it caused her.

The beginning. Or the end. What happened at the party? Who was that guy?”

“And Logan would be?”

“There are no words.”

Lorelai was speechless at her daughter’s inadequate but all too telling description. Her choice of words spoke volumes, and she immediately knew that they were in for a long night, assuming Rory was up to it. She hoped she was herself.

She looked up again, her innocence still amazingly intact despite all the forces that should have ripped it to shreds over the years.

“I think that Logan is your Christopher.”

It was a simple statement that shook her to the core. All her feelings for her father, the good and the bad, were balled up in a huge mass that seemed to be lodged in her throat at that moment. She felt dizzy, though lying down.

“So, what, Jess is my Luke?”

“Oh, God, I hope not,” Lorelai mumbled under her breath, but knew in her heart that she was wrong. Perhaps she’s always been wrong about him. Deep, deep down.

Rory’s worried look caused her to say what she truly felt. “Yeah, kid. Yes.”

Rory was silent, too much already having been in her mind, and now these revelations were rendering her mute. She let the tears fall, no sobs joining them. Her mother curled up next to her, watching her until she fell asleep.

I could have honestly put the whole chpt in this but then you already know it you wrote it. I love this story, bye.

and finally:
little ol lady who lived in a shoe chapter 11 . 1/24/2005
cool chapter! loved it! update soon!
LandonLover chapter 11 . 1/24/2005
Wow. Bravo job, dahling. It is absolutely way too ironic (or planned, maybe) that you have this chapter up right before the big Luke/Christopher confrontation on Gilmore Girls. I don't think it's til next week but it's probably tomorrow. Anyway, this is just great. Granted, I like Rory with Logan better than Jess...she fits better with him. Enjoying this immensely - keep them coming. :-*
enoreenae chapter 11 . 1/24/2005
Hm... that was supreme and yummy... I love your explanation of what Rory feels for Logan, it's like the two girls one guy thing but in a plausible, real way and I really really hope that it leads to the ending that I'm thinking it's leading towards.
302 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »