Reviews for New Life in Middle Earth
iRanNoodle chapter 16 . 3/1
Classic Mary Sue cliché
Frostfire613 chapter 8 . 2/16
...bullshit. No offense but Amaris' skill with a bow is unbelievable. One, the bows of the 21st are vastly different from the elven bows. From the weight of the bow and the weight of the drawback of the string, not to mention the different make of arrows, she should have needed to taken some time to adjust. Two, Legolas is a perfect shot. In 2000 years, it's hard to believe that his rapid fire shots shouldn't be perfect or near perfect from the amount of battle experience he had. Archery is something that Legolas practices on a near daily basis. As a first grade teacher, most likely Amaris only has any real time to practice archery other than the summer holiday are weekends and yearly holidays. Even then, in modern civilization, there wouldn't be many archery fields.
Marlaria (or whatever the she-elf's name is) should have been banished.
MudkipStar chapter 3 . 1/3
I am sorry. I am sure your story is wonderful but after reading stories such as "All That Remains" and "Don't Panic" and even "Awkward Adventures of Meghan Whimblesy" (I think that's the last name) and the like, I am having trouble dealing with the simplistic writing style and the MarySueness that started to slightly show in chapter 1. Also the way Gandalf already knows all about Amaris and where she came from. I am very sorry as from the reviews this is apparently a very good story, but it's simply not my cup of tea.

All the same, I realize I only got to chapter 3 but I hope you'll allow me to leave constructive criticism on what I've seen so far. One thing: You know how high school english teachers (I'm in high school right now, I'm not trying to insult you or anything) tell you to begin with a hook to get the audience's attention? You did that pretty well with the accident in the first chapter but you need to keep it. I personally prefer stories that envelop you in the world, that play out almost like a movie in your head. Don't allow it to overwhelm the story, but make sure you put in enough detail for someone to imagine it. Pull them into your world. Instead of just saying what people say, describe the emotion behind the words. How do people look at various others, with affection, love, disdain (not that all of these should necessarily be in your story just yet; just examples in general)? What tone of voice do they use when talking to this or that person, in that situation or a totally different one? Put depth into your characters and you will be rewarded with a much better story, without having to change the plot or events at all. Sorry if this seems rude, feel free to ignore it even. I just want to help. If you want examples, the stories I mentioned earlier do a wonderful job of enveloping you in their world and making you genuinely care about the characters
lillilhope chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
I have read to chap 20 in your fan fic. I love it, but I am sorry to much Mary sue. She has 21 years of experience as good as 2000 years? This isn't right. I would've loved this fic, and best of luck writing but may sue fics aren't for me
AbigailPeters chapter 74 . 3/1/2014
This was by far the best LOTR story I have ever read. :):) Thank you for writing it.
Rae05 chapter 74 . 3/1/2014
OH. MY. GOD.
This was hands down the best (BEST) fic I have EVER had the pleasure of reading. I had been reading a few other Legolas fics and kept thinking "I wish I could find one where this happens and then blah blah" so, when I found yours I almost died of shock of how everything I was thinking was perfectly placed in this literary masterpiece. I love you & God bless. (Yeah, it was THAT good!)
LadyAra chapter 42 . 2/15/2014
I love the relationship with Lord Elrond and Amaris, it's just so sweet. Thank you for this ff it is one of the best I've read.
Tauriel117 chapter 73 . 2/4/2014
Dear daydreamer8301,
This is the first fanfiction I have ever read. It is one of my favorites and one of the best in my opinion. Right now, I have started writing as well and I can say it feels great when you get readers and you see that people enjoy your stories. Anyways I am not important in this review. The important thing is that you are a great writer and you are full of imagination. You have been and are a great inspiration to me. I hope you will keep writing because you are great at it.
Best thoughts,
Tauriel
Whatever chapter 18 . 1/5/2014
Smile Smile Smile...everyone just smiles. Ugh.
People are soooo freaking sweet in this story (OCC).
And she is a MarySue indeed. So powerful yet so easily broken. Everyone loves her. Pfffft. Okey.
I'm dropping this story. Thank you for your hard work tho.
alealea chapter 26 . 9/11/2013
yay finally my name is part of a great story :D
Snape's Hair Is Fabulous chapter 6 . 7/11/2013
Very well written, though I find Amaris to be a bit of a MarySue
bleeding-roses-16 chapter 3 . 7/3/2013
well done. my only advice is to put the translations in parenthesis or something of the like. it's slightly confusing without. but very well done with the rest. and the name Amaris is very pretty, i'm glad you gave her a name with meaning.
chayar1991 chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Did you actually find a program to teach Elvish? If so what is it?
Guest chapter 74 . 6/22/2013