Reviews for Second Glances
le pen chapter 3 . 6/15/2008
ohmygosh! THIS IS SO GOOD!

i lvoe the idea! i really like your writing style.

and this is not empty praise :D
oztan chapter 3 . 9/22/2007
This is really good. I hope you keep going with. Please update!
ces chapter 3 . 9/4/2007
I love this - the characters are lovely, and close enough to the anime to make this even more enjoyable. Please continue - I would love to read more of this.
H. Acacia chapter 3 . 5/6/2006
I kinda like YoukoxShouryuu. It's not that I hate Keiki.

Your story is a good one.

Please make an update soon, I'm dying to know how it will turn out to be.
afkg chapter 3 . 4/18/2006
Wow. I haven't seen the entire series, I must admit but from what I have seen this is one of the better Twelve Kingdom fics out there.

Rakushun! Go son! Get the girl!

Just so you know, I am a total Rakushun fan girl. I thought he was cute as a rat but when I saw him as a human. Who *fans self* I nearly died.

So I say give Rakushun whoever he wants. He's too cute to be denied. ; )

aspinminder
heka chapter 3 . 2/5/2006
Hee! actually i'm kinda torn between two... there's this part of me that screams that shouryuu is too old for youko, but then again, saying that he's realy hot... then there's this other bit that says that youko and rakushun should be together but then i'm still like torn... ahh. i'll leave it up to you to do the pairings... i think i know myself well enough to be happy with either one... hahaha i am such an indecisive person...

your story's great by the way, it's really quite natural that other rulers would demand marriage as it sort of shows that you're a stable king and woot you've got a family and such... and your writing's quite amusing sometimes, really witty and funny... :D

keep writing! here's a cookie for you!
Mindy chapter 3 . 10/15/2005
He mustered the dirtiest look he could to shoot to Rokuta, but that did nothing to wipe off the enormous grin plastered across his face. Shoryuu made up his mind there and then, when they got back to Enshu Palace, he was definitely going to receive the most solid pounding he had ever received in his 500 years. No decree or tradition was going to talk him out of it, screw the fact that he was a ‘holy’ beast. Not that half the things that sprouts out of his mouth is even half-decent or the least bit ‘holy’, that twerp.

Love that quote! I think the whole love triangle thing works great here. Rackashun loves Yoko, Yoko loves En-Oh, and En- Oh loves... hopefuly not Rackashun... but I think this plot is fingusly great! keep up the good work! gotta love thoes rare good 12 Kingdom fan fics!
Mel chapter 2 . 10/15/2005
I LOVE where this story is going and can't wait to read more! a few gramer mistakes, but still fingusly cool. 12 kingdom fan fic is so hard to find, especialy any with a good plot, which u have! I WANA READ MORE!
Fingus chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
they make me get all dolled up and I do is just sit here like a statue and smile widely?” I think that it should be they make me get all dolled up and all I do is smile widely?" other than that, love it!
mikaro chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
Shoryuu, Rakushun or Keiki...these guys are potential lovers of Youko...though I must admit i have this special liking for Shoryuu and Youko team up...also i think there is not much Shoryuu and Youko pairing here...so i'm keeping my fingers crossed...but whatever you choose it's fine with me...good luck! I really don't have mush idea...but isn't Horai/Japan in the other world? Did Shoryuu come from Youko's world too? So they both share the same sentiments...i mean love...babies...you know what i mean? just a question... :)
LadyGoddessCeres chapter 3 . 7/28/2005
After checking out your other fic, I had to look into this one as well _ You're doing great with keeping the characters real. The only thing I recommend is that you make a new paragraph each time a different person speaks. I am a big fan of YokoxRakushun! I think they're great together _ Hope to see more soon!
CallaRose4ever chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
I am enjoying this very much and I hope you post more soon. I like that you are willing to go a different direction with the story than the actual storyline goes. Take this story and make it your own. It will be interesting to see what happens. I love the love triangle idea, I must admit I have thought about that one before. I love Rakashune but I cannot see him ending up with Yoko. I rather think he is too proper and that they are more of friends than anything else. I must admit I like Shoryu I always felt that they looked good together in the anime and that there was a chemisty between them. But if Rakashune can get over his caste system beliefs then the best husbands are your best friends.
SavingRain chapter 3 . 5/19/2005
A nice, short, update! I enjoyed this chapter-interesting reaction from Rakushun, I'm enjoying the development of his relationship with Yoko, and I love that you haven't brushed Shouryu's arrogance and sneaky observances under the rug. Over-all, this chapter was a joy to read, I found myself stifling laughter a few times!

I really like this story, but I do have one suggestion, could you try breaking up parapgraphs where you have dialogue? It can be a bit difficult to read. Other than that, an enjoyable read.
Cookie Gurl chapter 2 . 3/21/2005
It's a pretty good story so far. I hope Yoko ends up with En-Ou. jeez I keep forgetting his name. lol. oh well _
mellyd chapter 3 . 2/20/2005
This seems to be a light hearted fic so far. But i must put my 2 cents in a say I favor a ShoryuuYoko pairing as well. I can't help it they just like such a great pair. Can't wait for you to update.