Reviews for Afternoon Tea
attheturnofthetide chapter 1 . 1/10
This is a brotp that I had not considered before! Surprisingly it works out super well. I love Erestor here - most of the time I picture him as looking frazzled/harrassed/fed up/at his wits' end (this is due to Glorfindel, the twins, paperwork, and stress in general, I imagine) and it was nice to see him portrayed in a more, well, serious light.
BlueberryMuffins76 chapter 1 . 3/28/2015
Aw! How sweet! I love Pippin & Erestor! It's funny how so simple a thing as tea and cookies can help people bond.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/7/2015
nice that you cast erestor's robes as noldorin sapphire and silver... however erestor is a full-blooded noldor and the noldor elfrace has dark eyes or deep gray eyes you got the dark chocolate hair right though.
Phillica Clayaway chapter 1 . 2/19/2015
Tea... I love tea. This was so fluffy! But I liked it! Good job!
Venefica Riddle chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
A lovely cup of tea! :)
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
A great story. Very well written.
LadyoftheShield chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
hehehe!

Go Pip!
Larry1710 chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
Erestor is a bit groovy, isn't he?
Nelarun chapter 1 . 1/25/2007
Cute little story. I liked it.

Nela
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
I really liked this
Lombadia Greenleaf chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
Aww! That was really cute! I loved it! Cool. I finally looked you up now that the search engine sort of remotely works. But i had to type in 'Ithiliel' instead of your full penname otherwise it wouldn't come up with any results! *rolls eyes* Anyway, I liked this, it was a lovely one shot. I look forward to your next chapter in 'Various Recipes!'
S. Eerandgel chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
Wonderful. I never thought about what pipin and merry did in Rivendell. I enjoyed reading this.

Kudos.
kingmaker chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
Since your work with Erestor is so good, I figured I should probably sample some of your solo efforts.

I like Pippin's reaction to the bows- it foreshadows Aragorn's actions in RotK. And Merry alluding to his own line from FotR.

The wisdom and foolishness of elves- though this is probably unintentional, those words seem to echo St. Paul's about the relative wisdom and foolishness of men compared to that of God (tonight's fanfic reading comes after reading Augustine's On Christian Doctrine for Medieval Lit much of the day- does it show?)

The meat of the discussion between Erestor and Pippin was just an excellent capture of the general feelings of the two species.

Outstanding little story; you've even done a great job of making your sentence structure match what would be appropriate for a young hobbit.
Radbooks chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
Very enjoyable and well done!
Noldo chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
How do I love this? Let me count the ways...

The Reader's Digest version - it's brilliant. Wonderful. Scintillating. It's - oh-help-I'm-running-out-of-vocabulary-...

I have always adored Erestor, even though he has exactly two lines, and I'm glad to see more fic about him. Can't have too much (your 'First Impressions' notwithstanding, there's very little erestor good-fic).

Pippin was quietly amusing, without being either a deranged clown or a too-serious and unnatural person. That's one of the reasons why I avoid writing him - I swing to one or the other of those extremes.

Erestor was -very- good as well. He seemed very in-character, and to me, that's just about everything.

Was it intentional on your part to give me a mental image of Aragorn whapping out a teapot in the middle of the wilderness and going 'Come on, chaps, time for tea' (in a British accent)? Because if it was...well, it worked.

(I did receive your email. I have inbox trouble at the moment, but I'll attempt to reply soon!)

Congratulations on a job well done. Or have I already mentioned that?