Reviews for Readers
neilg chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
I really enjoyed this. These three are my personal favourite group of companions and you capture the interplay of their relationships really well with the minimum of incident.

I thought you wrote Tegan's character very well, and got Adric right, although I'm not sure I completely understood what it was that Adric had picked up on, when you write "he’d slip in a comment whenever he could, something almost innocuous that would escape Nyssa’s notice." Perhaps a small example of the kind of thing he was saying would clarify that. Perhaps I just need to read it again more carefully ;-)

I was intrigued by the idea that Tegan felt inadequate amongst her original companions, in an intellectual way. I've been trying to write about this myself - I think she is their inferior when it comes to Science and Intellect, but I've always felt that she was very much their superior when it came to matters of the real world. She is their their older, more experienced sister - and her wisdom is all to do with earthy, um... 'grown up' things. I've always felt that both of the others, particularly Nyssa, look up to her for this.

Also- what was the Doctor's favourite book? I have to know!

Or, maybe, I don't... :-)
warinbabylon chapter 1 . 12/8/2004
I love this story, Carmen. You peg Tegan dead on with the characterization and I can hear Five conversing. Very well done.