Reviews for A Past to Forget
Aaron Black chapter 18 . 5/8
Are you Hideaki Anno i disguise... cos this is a completely different degree of fucked up
Aaron Black chapter 12 . 5/8
dammm
Aaron Black chapter 2 . 5/8
What is up with the way you structure your sentences?
RealRemainder chapter 21 . 4/17
Funny story: one review ruined this for me around chapter 18... the stupid idiot not only...

-THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW-

...mentioned Misato dies but also how rushed the ending felt.

And wow... talk about a REALLY rushed ending... Would have been a lot better to see each event unfolding, instead of this cliff note version that was the last chapter. And also lots of grammar and spelling errors. lastly, Hyuga's name is Makoto, not 'motoko'.

Other than that I have no complaints. Not even with the death of Misato, though I am a sucker for Shinji x Misato and would have preferred an ending with them together. Very good story.

I'm gonna go check out your other work now, since you have more eva stories if i'm not mistaken. See you then.
regfurby chapter 21 . 12/5/2014
I like the way Misato died. She gave her life to save the one she loved the most, and died contentedly in his arms. In a way, it almost mirrors the original Misato's sacrifice to save Shinji when the NERV base was being attacked by the JSDF... Character flaws aside, when it comes down to where it counts, Misato is everything a true hero could hope to be.

I didn't really like what happened with Rei. While she may have been cloned from Yui's DNA, she does not contain Gendo's DNA, which makes her a half-sister at most, or more like a first or second cousin. Rei's feelings for Shinji is also decidedly NOT what a sister would have for a brother, and with her inability to become pregnant, there would be no chance for deformed children to result from their relationship, which is one of the main factors against incest. This Shinji also deserves to find love where he can, and small factors like Rei's origins shouldn't be important if he loves her. After all, Rei continued to love him despite his past, so why should he change how he feels about her for hers?

I guess that you broke Rei and Shinji up just to have the Hikari pairing. I guess that's fine, but I feel that perhaps they should have simply brought Hikari into their confidence and explained everything to her, and let her make up her own mind. If she felt that despite everything she can still accept them and their relationship, and also want to try being a part of their relationship, then she could become his official wife and give him the children that Rei cannot, while engaging in a three-way relationship with Shinji and Rei and raising their children together as a close-knit family.

I can't help but feel a bit bad for Asuka... Despite being a bitch in this story, it wasn't entirely her fault that things developed this way, just like how things simply spiraled completely out of control for Misato. Although, by the end of the story, her ego and character were simply too broken to be repaired, and her mind was all but lost from delusion, so if she ever did regain her mind, I have no idea how she would cope with the truth about everything... Misato coped by sacrificing her life for Shinji, maybe Asuka would end up doing the same, but likely in the background where Shinji wouldn't notice, believing that she wasn't worthy of his knowledge that she saved him.

Touji and Kensuke... yeah. They're scum. Not many stories depict them like this (that I've read), but here, they're just scum. And with pretty logical reason too. I'm actually quite surprised that Gendo didn't simply execute Kensuke for being a threat to his precious doll, plus with his unhealthy obsession he'd most definitely have gotten his hands on some classified data that he cannot be allowed to leave with... alive, anyway. As for Touji, his realization at the end of his mistakes was nice, and having him regret his actions was a nice touch. Would've liked to see what he's done in the future too, during the epilogue, but I guess he just wasn't all that important.

Thing I didn't see in the Post-Angel-War epilogue that I wondered about: Asuka and Kensuke's fate, what Ritsuko did after killing Gendo and destroying Shinji and Rei's relationship, Shinji's relationships with Hikari's sisters, whether Touji was doing anything, what happened to the EVAs and the souls within them, what happened to Kaji after avenging Misato, whether Fuyutsuki built up any relationship with Shinji after Gendo's death.

Anyway, it was a very intriguing story, tough to read at times due to the dark nature, but ultimately a good read. Great job!
Strikeman chapter 1 . 10/4/2014
I'm not sure if i've reviewed this before or not, but I just want it to be clear. I LOVE this fanfic. The best eva fic i've every read. Please, continue writing.
Ibskib chapter 14 . 3/2/2014
Didn't Misato already come clean to Ritsuko about it not being a dream?
Ibskib chapter 13 . 3/2/2014
It seems almost inevitable now that this Rei will be replaced, or perhaps Gendo will resort to other unsavoury practices to keep Rei in line, hopefully I'm wrong.
Ibskib chapter 8 . 3/2/2014
The reason why Misato wasn't around seems a bit weak, it doesn't really seem in character for her to let Kaji stop her from leaving, nor does it make sense for a conversation to take that long, not to mention that there must be some kind of public transportation, or a taxi available.
Winter Feline chapter 21 . 12/12/2013
There was a lot of fear and sorrow, sadness and yet also hope in this tale. You conveyed a believable insight to a wounded mind twisted by abuse and a lovely touch of redemption in this tale.
raitora chapter 14 . 8/22/2013
Still a quality written story. It reads like a very dark harem story with a central guy character who does not want the attention. Sad but interesting concept.
raitora chapter 6 . 8/10/2013
Story is still a good dark fanfic. That being said I'm glad to see that the last few chapters can be brighter at times. Quality writing. Highly recommend :)
HARRISON18 chapter 21 . 7/27/2013
so whatever happened to kensuke?
Guest chapter 21 . 7/27/2013
so whatever happened to kensuke
raitora chapter 3 . 7/17/2013
Excellent writing! If you don't mind dark subject matter this is a top tier EVA fic. Glad to have found such a high quality story!