Reviews for The Refiners Fire
Galapeter chapter 40 . 4/11
This was one of the better fic I've read. Logical and mostly consistent. I have only three problems.
First, everyone is so considerate of everyone elses feelings that it gets little riddiculous, can't think of a specific moment, but I noticed it.
Second, I've never ever read so many "brilliants" in a single fic. Seriously, anytime something positive happened, at least one person said a variation of "brilliant" at least once. And how in the seven hells your "Brit-pickers" missed all those "baby" pet-names? I'm not british, nor is my first language english, but that sounds way too american.
And third, there is no "meh" sitation. It's either brilliant (dammit!), or horrible, no middle ground. I honestly can't remember single moment, where a character would just impassively shrug his/hers shoulders and continue with whatever they were doing.
Oh, wow. This was an excellent story! I really have only one thing to point out that I thought was flawed. In this story, you made Ron a leader. Ron is, while an amazing character, not really a leader. Sure, he has his moments, but so does every human being. He's really more of a follower.

Being a great leader was one of Harry's main assets during the series. People looked up to him and follow him- you see that in all seven books. It's very clear that Harry is a leader. By giving Ron a position as leader, I feel like you took part of Harry's character away- Harry being a leader was why he could do most of feats he did. I realize that if Harry had stayed a leader, all of the attention would be on Harry but again- that's part of Ron's character, that he struggles a lot with jealousy. It takes him years to mature out of this, and he may still be jealous of Harry when they're adults, it's hard to tell. But it does sound like Ron's gotten over his jealousy at that point.

Other than the whole Harry not being a leader thing though, great job! Your writing is fantastic! Can't wait to read the sequel!
zorklox chapter 40 . 3/25
just red The Refiner's Fire and it was an awesome story

very well writen, great plot

can't wait to start reading The Time of Destiny, which im going to do now :)

thanks you very much for the story
FreelanceBum chapter 6 . 3/22
I can't believe none of them mentioned the danger to Casey or her bloody family. Seriously.
PLOT TWISTTT
Wow that was some horrible press. Especially Witch Weekly. I cringed actually.
Excellent piece! Best written fan fiction I have had the pleasure to enjoy! Looking forward to more.
adster.patel chapter 8 . 3/7
What a crappy twist! You bump off Casey and her family just to set up Harry with Ginny? That's bullshit. I don't know what Rowling was snorting at that time but the Harry-Ginny pairing is one of the worst aspects about the canon. I think maybe J.K. was angry with the film producers because they were going to cut many parts from the novel in the film. So J.K. decided to set up Harry with Ginny knowing that the couple would look ridiculous on screen.
I love your story but the crap on the end is getting to be almost as long as the chapter. Please stop it, your just being lazy.
Charlotte chapter 25 . 1/8
hi my name is Charlotte. just wanted to let you know the Buckbeak is a hippogriff and not a Thestral. because a Thestral is a breed of winged horses with a skeletal body, face with reptilian features, and wide, leathery wings that resemble a bat's which kind of why people who have only seen death can see them because they look so much like what people imagine death to look like. while The hippogriff is a legendary creature which resembles a winged horse with the head and upper body of an eagle and hippogriffs are very proud creatures. sorry I'm probably sounding like a HP nerd but I absolutely love the books and movies. anyway sorry about this long comment but it's only going to get longer because I'm going to tell you how much I like your story so far. your story is absolutely amazing I wish I could write this good. Keep up the fantastic work... reading on now
So sad harry is treating the memory of Casey like he is. She was great for him and for you to kill her to make way for little Ginny weasley is just wrong. I never liked her cannon and don't like the fan girl bitch here either.
Love the idea of the story but my non-evil dumbles would have been smart enough to ward Harry's first true loves home. Espically after the skeeter bug made her address public, also would have imagined a wrathfully harry connecting the dots and if Casey still died gone after skeeter and publications for giving out such info. Could tear into you more, like about the imperious bullshit but I digress I don't think its worth as much as the Casey issue
moon so bright chapter 1 . 1/4
Vernon is a bastard. May he rot in hell.
Guest chapter 40 . 11/12/2014
Loved your story, bit sure how I've not read it before! I found it on favourites tracker, and I don't think I can praise it enough! Let it be said that I haven't slept in the 38 hours since starting to read, and that's the highest praise I can give! I'll admit to having been saddened by the deaths of Harry's first girlfriend's family, though I can see it was for the best.
Thank you!
SpitKill chapter 9 . 11/3/2014
I'm simply blown away. This story ends here for me, but just know that i was truly blown away by the first 9 chapters of this story, and its completely worth reading. That was a masterful twist!
kyoshi711 chapter 23 . 10/18/2014
Hermione should be his main girlfriend, duh!
1,452 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »