Reviews for The Refiners Fire
anthonytasousa chapter 17 . 4/14
God, you have a fetish for hurting Harry ... Seriously, he spends more time hurting than doing anything else.
Nanjo54 chapter 20 . 3/31
When I started reading this, it sounded familiar, but it was so long ago that this almost 67yo brain rarely remembered more than the highlightsCasey, the griffindor lion, the poisoned sparkle makeup...

Needless to say I'm thoroughly enjoying your Craft or I wouldn't have bothered rereading it. Thank you.

I don't know if the app attaches names so I'll sign offnanjo54 at gmail.
alondrizdiaz chapter 9 . 3/6
I don't love casy, so I don't care just didn't want her to die and harry not suffer so much.
rabbitluver999 chapter 1 . 3/6
why is this pg but rated m?
MasterKogha chapter 1 . 1/14
Harry doesn't and the author doesn't know is that since Harry is a wizard Doug would not be rejected by the Muggle charms. He will feel them but Harry could guide him in.
DeadFish37 chapter 23 . 12/15/2020
Are Harry and Hermione on some sort of potions designed to break up the four? Interested to see where you'll go with this. Getting Hermione out of the group is definitely not ideal when research skills would be useful.
DeadFish37 chapter 10 . 12/14/2020
I don't like the idea Harry has permanently removed his memories of Casey - seems like it dishonours her. I also don't much like the way he removed all those memories at once after just having been told not to - was that an accident or a deliberate act of self-harm? The story as a whole is good though.
DeadFish37 chapter 7 . 12/14/2020
Cannot believe you killed Casey off like this :( It makes sense within the story, but I was looking forward to seeing how they dealt with a relationship when Harry was back at school, and even imagining a future for them. This is a surprising turnaround from chapter one, when I was uncomfortable reading Harry with an OC.
Homarid chapter 1 . 10/21/2020
It seems silly to critique a 16-year-old story, so I'll just leave things I think could change alone. This story has a nice strong start. Most of the themes are tried and true, but you also managed to have things like artistry that you don't see in a lot of other stories. Something I really look forward to in fanfiction is a lot of AU elements, and you already have parts such as the Asher family and using muggle banks. I like it so far.
Grindelwald49 chapter 8 . 7/1/2020
I don’t see why you killed Casey for seemingly no reason other than to make Harry angry you don’t really do anything with her death I expected you’d use it as a motivator for Harry or for anything really not just have him get rid of the memories

I just felt you put her in purely so Harry can have a relationship before Ginny but it just seems a waste of a very good OC
Neumzie chapter 20 . 4/11/2020
hi, i'm re-reading this for the first time in a LONG time, and idk if i mentioned this way back in the day, but i really appreciate that little kinda keyword/rating summary you put at the top of every chapter. i wish that were more standard, especially on sites like this. ao3 has more options for tags and genres and such so it's not as much of an issue on there, but it's still super since to know what each individual chapter will bring
something-siriusly-wrong chapter 1 . 3/10/2020
Thank god for the good people in this world
Eagle-Eyes chapter 40 . 3/2/2020
Great story

Keep writing as life allows
treadlightasafea chapter 10 . 9/4/2019
I don't know if you are still active but I read your footnotes on this chapter on harry/ginny pairing, I've to say kudos for predicting it correctly and even though people ya yada complain, I feel like they are one of the best Canon pairings, given that HP books didn't have time for romance. I might be in minority but I think they make a realistic pair we see in daily life. Many objecting harry/ginny relationships don't understand ginny or her characterization at all, or they want to pair harry up with someone else.
OrigamiGuyII chapter 9 . 8/14/2019