Reviews for Getting Away From It All
Loved it!
nathy.faithy chapter 21 . 12/9/2013
Thank you so much for such and amazing story! I love every moment of it.
*I know is probably on for years, but I just re-watched the whole series again and suddenly I needed to read everything max related ;)
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 21 . 7/12/2012
Very good.

And I like the bit having Tony i first read the name I was wondering if it was Tony(NCIS).
Beth Pryor chapter 15 . 1/11/2009
I'm really enjoying this! So glad I found it after all this time. Of course, everyone reads The Most Dangerous Game in jr. high, but I was (not so) secretly hoping your inspiration was the 1994 film Surviving the Game starring Ice-T. Still, quite enjoyable with great character development and plenty of twists and turns.
bethellie chapter 15 . 11/1/2007
'“This reminds me of a movie,” Tony stated suddenly, his tone light and vastly different from before' - LOL, don't suppose you had someone else in mind when writing this character? :P
Ion Bond chapter 21 . 9/10/2007
It was great to read some straight-up adventure! This was really well-plotted and well-executed. I liked Logan and Max's characterization (although I found the inner voice stuff cheesy at times) and your original characters were welcome additions. I'm glad Logan got a chance to kick so much ass.

Also, I remember singing that "I want to linger" song at Girl Scout camp . . .
Kyre chapter 21 . 4/13/2007
OK, still not a fan of the mystical stuff, but given its earlier presence that was a nice way to wrap it up.

Couldn't we have gotten Max and Logan on the tailgate holding hands on the show? Just once? *whine*

I loved Max attacking from the tree! That'd have been great to see onscreen. Also loved the line, "Such is the life of the vigilante journalist."

Good imagery, as usual; good chase scenes; good thoughts on the parts of the characters; and very nice climactic scene. Glad Logan, Max, the Scouts, and the Scouts' parents got to relax with each other a little while before going their separate ways.

Many, many thanks for writing this story. I've enjoyed it immensely!
jfg207 chapter 21 . 2/7/2007
As usual you keep everyone hanging off the cliff for the end of story..:(

This was real moving with Max having to run and Logan worried all the time since he has deep feelings for her that he won't admit to anyone especially himself.

Please try and finish some of your story before going to the next one. I'm still expecting you to finish your other ones... :)

mhs-111 chapter 21 . 12/21/2006
Thank you for this GREAT Story.
Obsessed Pam chapter 21 . 12/8/2006
It had everything a really good read should have. Exciting plot and superb characters to make this a story that was so incredibly enjoyable.

Huge thanks for all your talented efforts.

homicidalslayer chapter 21 . 10/1/2006
This story was awesome, all of your stuff that I've read has been. I especially like "Thoughts in the Dark."
Mari83 chapter 2 . 8/21/2006
So… I was in read-only mode after writing uni-stuff all day and thought I’d start my reread of “Getting away” – I still need to solve the ranger-mystery.

I totally loved the setup in the dry, warm penthouse with them over the chessboard which is such a nice contrast to the storm outside – and also to Peter’s flight through the woods.

This chapter would have worked very well as a standalone with Max’s thoughts underlying their game and the very subtle fluffy hints – but being interrupted for a saving-mission is just typical, and the longer your stories are the better.

Favourite parts:

“I-showered-and-shaved-and-absently-ran-my-hand-through-my-hair-with-some-gel-on-it’ look that was apparently fashionable among cyber-journalists this season.”

„He had no strategy today, and was playing simply for the pleasure of being in her company.”

“Good, ‘cause I couldn’t eat it all myself.”

She shrugged. “So there’re leftovers.”

“So I can feed you later.”

“That’s what leftovers are for - assuming you have any after lunch.”

This could be in any S1 episode….

Max silent awareness of how Logan is frustrated by the chair but is trying not to let him see that she sees his frustration.

“His grin was starting to hurt. Have my facial muscles forgotten how to smile?“

Cute picture – and I guess there’s some truth in it, since I can imagine Logan smiling much when Max isn’t around.
Alexandra chapter 21 . 8/16/2006
Terrific story. I really enjoyed it!
0101010 chapter 21 . 8/16/2006
Wonderful! I liked the little hints at the supernatural throughout the story, btw-thought they added to the tension & atmosphere-and I just dig the outdoors. Btw-we must have both been to summercamp-haven't heard that song in many many years.

Most of all-so sorry to hear about your pooch-went through that myself with our young dog about three years ago, and I still tear up to think about it.

Thinking of you & hoping good days are ahead.

0101010 chapter 20 . 8/16/2006
Hey girl - long time since I've checked in-I was so happy to find more of this awesome story. I'm never going to get back to work now, because I so love this fic, and can't tear my eyes away-darn it-I knew I shouldn't have opened FFN again...

Wonderful wonderful plot-my heart is pounding out of my chest-you create the adrenaline and tension masterfully-way to go! Looking forward to the rest!