Reviews for The Field of Cormallen
Guest chapter 6 . 12/16/2012
Figured it out, have you, Frodo?
By the way, I saw the Hobbit and it is AWESOME!
Mark chapter 6 . 8/8/2011
Dear Morwen:

Your stories have me enthralled. It's been years since you wrote this but I have just begun reading FanFiction stories. I have read 5 of your other stories concerning LOTR and have been very pleasantly surprised. I sure hope you find the time to finish this story, I am dying to find out the full story behind Tal-argan. Thank you for bringing me back into the world of Middle Earth. I thought I only had Tolkien's works to read and re-read. Consider me a loyal fan from here out.

Yours,

Mark
Mark chapter 6 . 8/6/2011
I have thoroughly enjoyed your stories. I must go back and review them. You have a real gift. You are the first author that I have chosen to read all you have written concerning LOTR. Thank you.
MMB chapter 6 . 6/14/2008
I'm hoping that one day, you'll choose to finish this fic. It is a delightful piece, well worth reading.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 6 . 4/6/2008
A great end to the story. I liked the part where Elledan and Elrohir said that they had gone off to finish off Shelob but she was already dead.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 5 . 4/6/2008
Another great chapter. I liked the part where they met Gandalf's cousin, and I liked the part where Legolas told Pippin that Boromir was watching over them.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 4 . 4/6/2008
Another great chapter. I liked the part where the elderly elf was tending to the men.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 3 . 4/6/2008
Another great chapter. I liked the part where Aragorn's friends had arrived.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 2 . 4/6/2008
Another great chapter. I liked the part where Frodo was sleeping better.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
A great story. I liked the part where Pippin and Merry were telling Frodo what had happened after he left.
BenRG chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
Poor old Sam! No more the humble gardener but a hero of song and legend! What his old gaffer would say ;-)

I think that I noticed in the last few scens of RotK how changed the four Hobbits were. Peter Jackson's camera angles created a clear seperation between them and the other Hobbits in the Green Dragon. Similarly, they were deliberately shown as being more confident and mature. It is appropriate that you should mention these changes here.

Overall, this is a nice little story. Too often, the tale ends with the last battle won. It is nice to read what happens as the peace begins to break out afterwards.

Finally - will Frodo realise who his elf friend really is? They may have a very profitable conversation about letting go of cursed treasures.

BenRG's Rating: 7/10
lindahoyland chapter 6 . 9/3/2005
A deligtful chapter.I enjoyed it.
lindahoyland chapter 5 . 8/8/2005
I'm glad this story is back.A very moving conversation for Legolas and Pippin.
BenRG chapter 4 . 7/10/2005
A scar in his palm... a /lattice/ burn like that from a... a... gemstone? That means that Tal-argan is Maglor, son of Faënor! That wound is from one of the Simarils themselves, burnt into his palm because of the repulsion elf magic has to anyone of selfish or evil intent.

Well! Frodo has quite an interesting healer attending on him. According to the legends of the Eldar ("The Simarilion", actually), he is the greatest singer ever to live. And he, of any one of the Eldar, knows what it means to succumb to temptation despite the finest of motives. He saw how greed and jealousy turned his father into a killer and he saw his own mistrust of Manwë lead to folly and disaster.

I wonder if Gandalf /knows/ who he is yet. Maybe there might yet be a chance of some forgiveness between the King of the Valar and the last son of Faënor.

I'm glad that I've taken a moment to read this chapter. That was a twist and a half!

BenRG's Rating: 8/10
lindahoyland chapter 4 . 7/9/2005
I'm delighted to see this story continuing as I am enjoying it very much.