Reviews for Paradise
dragoness simplicity chapter 20 . 1/6/2013
What an absolutely fantastic story! I loved it so much!
One or two grammar mistakes here and there, but I was so hooked on the words that I didn't pay too much attention. That's rare for me.
That just gives your story even more credit. Everyone was in character and there was enough suspense and 'Rodney whump' to keep me sitting on the edge of my seat. Original too.
I did try to look up the story you mentioned in chapter 14, but I didn't know what server you were talking about. I even googled it but got nothing, so I had to give up.
I can't wait for any future stories though.
I tilt my hat in your direction. You clever writer you. XD
Lemon Icee chapter 20 . 6/28/2011
Another perfect story! I really love the Teyla and John angle here, sort of thinking through where loyalties lie so early on. And once more, poor sweet Rodney! The scene where John has to get him to fix the DHD broke my heart, but it was so so so perfect.

I am having the time of my life going through all your fics!
Azamiko chapter 20 . 8/12/2010
Yay vicious canines! XD But I can't find that fic you mentioned, the one you said is like this but slash.
Jinxauthor Mel chapter 20 . 12/4/2008
Thanks for fixing the chapters! Now the promised real review.

You shouldn't have worried about technical explanations; I rather liked your take on it. It sounded rational enough. Really, isn't it amazing how Ancient tech lasted through millennia of Wraith assaults but tends to crumble at any Earth touch? The only thing I don't think works like that is when Teyla recognizes the Atlantis address on the incoming wormhole. If it were that easy to make out who's dialing you, they wouldn't be so dependent on GDOs and whatnot, would they? They'd just take a look and go, 'Oh, Genii, let's NOT answer that call!' I don't know what the symbols lighting up actually mean, but for myself I think it might simply be the ones being pressed on the other end; ergo the address of the planet you're already on.

I 'saw' the dismantled DHD in my mind's eye just as clearly as Sheppard's face at that moment. *lol* And somehow envisioning Rodney among all those pieces has an impossibly cute aspect to it. Also, Teyla's song-like language was described so well I could almost hear it … just like the devil dogs' voices. Ugh! Creepy, those. But nice explanation for the color. And my favorite scene is when they first save Rodney. That's awesome writing!
x Varda x chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
This is so funny. McKay is perfectly in character - I may add the "a blue-butt nincompoop" (ie Sheppard) comment to my amusing McKayisms list!
Jinxauthor Mel chapter 3 . 8/21/2008
Hi, I've got a short little request for now. Could you check up on your chapters 3 and 17 please, and possibly repost them? Cause the third one is actually 'Part 1' again, and the seventeenth 'Part 18'. I'll write a proper review once I've had a chance to read the *whole* story, alright? Thanks!
zookitty chapter 20 . 5/4/2008
That was beautiful Tasha! Truly fantastic. I love well you write Shep and Rodney. aw so good.

"In a perfect world, Dr. Beckett would come strolling up the beach right now, barefoot like Crusoe’s Friday and maybe sipping a Mai Tai or some other frou-frou drink with a parasol. He’d take care of everything. Heck, that would be better than Glinda."

That was just such a fantastic mental image! LOL Anyway the whole story was great thank you for writting it!

-zooky
SaJi chapter 20 . 4/15/2008
I *heart* you. And this fikkie. There is much, much love for this fikkie. Melted over all the Rodney torture, which was just made sweeter by the Sheppard torture it dragged along behind it. *wuffs*
ferryboat George chapter 20 . 3/26/2008
I don't know much about the mechanics of stargates either, so anything that wouldn't work didn't bother me :P I loved the story, very suspenseful :P

“Have you seen one of these devices before?” McKay asked. He held up the Life Sign Detector so that the others could see the read-out. “There’s no magic icons on it that tell me what is what, this isn’t the Marauders’ Map where everyone is labeled. I have blips… I have dots… I see life-forms. There’s no tags on it that tells me what is a bird, a mole, a vole, a badger, a bear or a blue-butt nincompoop.”

ROFLMAOOL! I especially like the Harry Potter bit :P
sentarla chapter 20 . 12/10/2007
hi, just wanted to let you know that I really liked you story. also loved how john had to be so mean to Rodney. thanks heaps!
notjustagirltoo chapter 20 . 11/21/2007
Thanks for the great story!

Ouch! Poor McKay, you really did a number on him.

I liked that you got John to do what he had to do to get McKay back to working on the DHD. Sometimes we do have to push people quite harshly, in a means-justify-the-ends-way, even though we wish we didn't have to.

he he ... off to read another of your stories :)
MaggieL80 chapter 20 . 5/19/2007
If you haven't already guessed. I love this story. All the perfect elements. Drama, suspense, whump, angst, deadlines, volcanos, devil dogs and SGA-1. What more could a girl want? Thanks for such a great story. Whenever I'm in limbo waiting for the next great story to update...I'll search thru my old tried and true stories and reread my favorites. Other authors that I enjoy...Tipper, Sholio, nebbyjen, and cybersyd. Theirs are a must also.
MaggieL80 chapter 19 . 5/19/2007
Love the running gag around Dr. No-name. Poor John, will he ever learn the doctor's name? Now, on to the last chapter.
MaggieL80 chapter 18 . 5/19/2007
Oh, how much I love Carson. (My heart aches knowing what's to come in Sunday - at least in fanficdom he lives on.) Thank goodness they're going home.
MaggieL80 chapter 17 . 5/19/2007
I'm always a sucker for a Rodney death scene. Breathe, damn you, breathe. Hurry Carson! You have to admit, Elizabeth does well with very little information.