Reviews for Conversational, of Cousins
RavenLady chapter 1 . 3/14/2005
*turns green*

How I envy people who can write free-verse properly without making it look like a monologue chopped randomly into lines.

This is interesting. The tension is all beneath the surface, and there's nothing obviously dramatic here. So of course that makes it even more intense to read than it would be otherwise. Well done.
Machinesister chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
Strange? Yes. Pointless? Oh hell, no.

And it has that unmistakeable Noldorin air to it...

Well done :)
Arhuaine chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
Wow. (I did read this already on LJ I think and loved it then too). I don't think it needs changing. I am not surprised that it's Fingon who seems more emotionally attached to the hand than Maedhros - no doubd wracked with guilt for having been the one to cause its loss - but I suspect that Maedhros's casualness about it hides a deeper current of emotion.

I quiver to go back there and- what?

Steal it?"

I love this line. SO like him.

And thankyou so much for your reviews on my stories.
Otto's Goat chapter 1 . 12/14/2004
I will try to make this understandable, but I'm not promising anything because I am under the influence of Nyquil, and heaven knows what they put in this stuff...

I can't decide which way to look at this!

I like how it is Fingon who is so attached to Maedhros' hand. You would think it would be the other way (wouldn't you want your hand back?), and if Meadhros didn't care he would be labeled the irrationl one. But it's Fingon who comes across as rash, and Meadhros as endearing.

And then I blink and I think (m, no rhyme intended):

Meadhros seems so cold, and Fingon seems to be the ALIVE one; more human.

I am going to return to this once my head has cleared. Nyquil and all, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Leave it as it is, please.

Oh, and this line:

"But

That was the hand with the

Moon-shaped scar from the time

You helped me climb the apple-tree-

Remember?"

-That he remembers the shape of the scar, and not just the memory...(!) loveRly...
The Bookbinder's Daughter chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
Lovely, as your poetry invariably is. I like the fact that Maedhros *is* rather ‘conversational’ about the loss of his hand; it’s a subtle, unsettling thing, as is Fingon’s reaction to it. The feeling between them is friendly, on the surface, but…empty, almost. I didn’t notice it on the first reading, but it’s always Fingon who brings up the memories – as if Maedhros’ head has been burnt hollow.

Don’t change it, please? It’s wonderful as is. :)
Noldo chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
Wonderful, as always. I don't think I've ever felt haappy, and sad, and thoughtful (all at the same time) quite like this before.

It's quite rare these days to see a Maedhros-sans-hand and Fingon fic that doesn't drip with slash cliches. Therefore, very nice.

I think it's wonderful as it is - though if you feel you *must* edit it, I don't think I'd mind. Either way, it's a great fic. :)
perelleth chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
Beatiful. Surely you'll try to ploish it up again and again and again.. but it's beautiful the way it is.