Reviews for There and Back Again Lane
twistyguru chapter 21 . 3/17/2014
Incredible story! I can only hope the Muse prompts you to finish it soon.
hi chapter 3 . 8/9/2010
oh wow. this is quite interesting. Quite liking it.
Lady Knight Keladry chapter 21 . 5/3/2008
it was good. you write very well.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
i am so excited about this story. i've been reading fanfiction for a long time and i can hardly believe i missed this. it's a jewel.

thanks for the read.
Laetitia2712 chapter 3 . 12/3/2006
love it
Therio chapter 9 . 6/27/2006
Still reading the story. Good premise, however there are too many bloody POV's. It keeps jumpinmg from Harry to Ginny, to Angenlia, to an Owl, an OWL?. I just finally started skipping all these extra POVS. You should just stick to Harry's POV. I don't like it, but I can handle the swithing to Ginny's POV, but all the others is just overkill and takes away to much from the rythym of the story.
ggell20000yahoo.com chapter 21 . 12/28/2005
Interesting take on life after vald... I am not crazy about pov story telling,but it is holding my interest thanks
zafaran chapter 21 . 12/14/2005
Oh, what a lovely bit of work. Once this is finished it apt to become a semi-frequent reread because of your layered characterization, and complex plotting. Your giving enough information in the right places to keep the story going even when the reader isn't picking up all the relevant details, but when you hit the points necessary to realize that the underlying information is needed, the information had been there, you just didn't see it at the time because of how skillfully you inserted your foreshadowing. Needless to say, I hope we get Harry fully back and get to watch him and Ginny go kick some major butt. {smirk}

I hope your muse and schedule will allow you to write and post more chapters sometime soon. Keep up the good work. Zafaran
Yukito chapter 21 . 11/14/2005
Has this story been dicontinued? If it has I'll cry lol
Dumbledor chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
really good story, a good 'calmness' after so much worry and work. Thanks.
rigal chapter 21 . 7/29/2005
Very cool

please update
tobydog chapter 15 . 7/28/2005
Regarding "ophidian" and "caprine"... usually I am able to infer the meaning of words from the context of a story; not here. I had to jump over to Webster's online. Of course, later I found your definitions at the end of the chapter, but it was too late by then. Were they necessary to your story, or were you just trying to use your thesaurus? Felt like you were trying to prove you were smarter than your readers?

Overall, I am really enjoying your story. It is more work than most to read, but the story itself is good enough to put the effort into it. The jumping from first person to first person can be distracting, though, and at times the multiple persepectives causes repetition of ideas and actions. It could be tightened a little.

Looking forward to reading more of your work.
RowanRhys chapter 21 . 7/23/2005
Absolutely incredible... *Staring in awed admiration*

This is one of the most mature, interesting, well-plotted and well-presented mystery fanfics I've ever had the pleasure to read. The concept is astounding and by keeping the participants as ignorant of the facts as the reader, you have guaranteed my attention throughout.

A lot of fanfics use flashbacks, but none to the excellent effect that you have done. Writing in first person is fiendishly difficult but you make it seem effortless-and do wonderfully at getting the reader into the character's head. Being able to see the facets of the story from more than one perspective has been fascinating, and I look forward to each new segment as I weave the threads together in my mind to build the tapestry of clues.

There's only been a few places where a phrasing of a verb has thrown me off-and there are still a few slang words that I have not yet deciphered (and this after living in London for 4 years in the lat 1980s). The grammar and puncuation errors that drive me batty in reading most fanfics are refreshingly absent.

Keep up the great work both in the storytelling and in the technical presentation of the tale. I can hardly wait for your next installment!
cdkobasiuk chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
Starts out so good and painful.

cdk
motor18 chapter 21 . 7/20/2005
This story just keeps getting more interesting. How many chapters are you planing on?