Reviews for Ancient Languages
Nimlos Elrondiel chapter 30 . 11/4/2014
I love this story so much it makes me want to laugh and cry so much you are a great author
TheBIgONe chapter 3 . 8/26/2014
This is my only review since I just realized you're story is complete and may not even see this!

I Like this story as it isn't as technical as DON't Panic which also is good but is way too technical for my eyes to handle without bleeding.

I was hoping you would fudge this and make the common language be some sort of Ye Olde English as I believe Tokien said it was similar or something like that from what I've read.

And I am not sure if you take suggestions or not but with just one guard she actually could escape. If you research prison escapes you will find some amazing stories of escaping supposingly escape proof camps and thousands of stories of climbing over prison walls using a makeshift rope and sheets to get over the razor wire without setting off the shaker alarm on the inner fence.

There is a neat TV series called I almost Got Away with it you can watch on YouTube. One episode *How I built a bridge* one time the suspect arrested from the nearby Salem ORegon prison! Filmed in my home state! by making some kind of a bridge using tools from the workshop to cross the two fences and knowing when the guards came in and out.

I won't spoil the story!
mandiecandie chapter 31 . 8/10/2014
loved this story. great ocs. and thank you so much for not making lyla a tenth walker. in fact thank you not making her some hero that saves the day. a nice love story. on my way to check out the sequal.
Nevalia chapter 31 . 6/13/2014
Oh wow, it was a really really great story! I really liked your writing style, your OC-s were really lovely (truthfully I got more to like Elhael, thank Glorfindel :D) and your main character was real, not a Mary Sue. I also loved that apart from sime minor thing you your story was really true and correct for the Tolkien world, the grammar, language, the little fact, I was really glad to see that you wrote twelve months when the baby was coming, because a lot of people don't know elves bare a child for that long, and such. Also I liked that you foudn a wy to make her immortal, but still human. My only minor problem was probably that sometimes I felt that "the lovely little chats" were a bit too much, I mean I see it was not a too "action-based story" and I have no problem with it, I quite much welcomed a story where the writer doesn't try to force continuous action, but around the end I felt the sweet talks were a bit much. Apart from this I loved it really and was a great story!
KissMyDeadLips chapter 17 . 5/21/2014
So heartbreaking
KissMyDeadLips chapter 2 . 2/23/2014
Hahaha They don't know english :3 this has got interesting

Then again. English is the hardest language to learn on earth
Aralinn chapter 2 . 2/21/2014
Hmmm interesting start to your story. I wander if there was a reason she came to Middle Earth or by sheer chance? I'm interested to see where this goes.

Happy writing
Aralinn
Hereward the White chapter 4 . 10/15/2013
One thing puzzles me. Don't the elves of Rivendell speak Quenya more prominently than Sindarin?
Heatblizzard chapter 6 . 9/19/2013
Instead of fighting the Balrog why not domesticate him for useful purposes?

Make a special area in the Mines of Moria just for the Balrog where no Dwarves are allowed to enter as long as The Balrog acts as security for the mines to deter Orcs and Goblins away and any the Balrog finds he is allowed to eat them as a tasty snack. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

I guess that's asking for too much! LOL
Heatblizzard chapter 4 . 9/19/2013
Parf — Book Rhymes with Barf.
Heatblizzard chapter 2 . 9/19/2013
Actually from what I've read The Common Tongue is suppose to be English so this does not reflect well but other then that no problems here!
OctoberOpal chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
I love this chick! I wish I had the patience to learn all those languages! And no, she does not need a "life". She's got one already!
Sephira Vanya Estelwen chapter 30 . 7/10/2013
Very sweet.
Kyoki no Megami chapter 31 . 6/1/2013
haifisch;
since i hate reading without reviewing i'll review, even though this story is 9 years old (wow. that's really old.)
that aside, i enjoyed reading very much and look forward to the sequel, though i should catch some sleep beforehand
continue writing
kyoki no megami
maDAlexa
Neohtan the Wise chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
A very good concept, girl falls into middle Earth, what now? Well-built character and all that. Hope this discourages you're fury at the bulk of my "review" which is just blatant capitalism.

OK: if you like Lord of the Rings and you want Mordor's perspective, search Ringbearer: the Epic Story of the Heir of Mordor. There have been changes to Tolkein's original world (Elves are not immortal but believe firmly in reincarnation, Sauron is a family name, not an immortal devil etc.) and purists will hate me, but i think it gives the series more moral grey area. Anyway, my first post so i'm looking for feedback. Hope you like!

(sorry Imlosiel for using you're epic story as a billboard, but hey, every writer needs an audience).