Reviews for Recovering The Satellites
Raug'moss chapter 21 . 3/26/2013
Aw. I think I'd like to see what kind of hell the kids manage to raise. Oh well. It's been a good story.

Shame that you don't write longer stories anymore. :(
gleamfang chapter 21 . 9/30/2011
Fantastic way to end such an epic tale. I really enjoyed how you've portrayed Seifer in this fic and I always like to read Seiftis and Squinoa so this is right up my alley.

I like how the gang interacts with each other and the highly lively, colorful and dynamic conversations they have really bring a lot of character into this fic.

I personally liked Seifer chain-smoking to kingdom come and particular enjoyed the bits about him tinkering with the machine until it became a spy-cam terminator. It was good to see something productive come from Seifer from time to time just so that he does not become a one-dimensional character.

I personally have no problems with erotic literature so big credit to you for sticking to your guns despite some detractors. I was really happy with your epilogue as Lily is one devious kid haha. Seriously though, glad to see that Quistis and Seifer get to have their happy ending though I did wish for a Seiftis moment or two in the epilogue, that would be my only complaint apart from a few wrong words/names from time to time.

Thank you for writing!

Cheers

Keep Writing
HopelessRomanticist chapter 3 . 9/8/2010
Wow... you really do enjoy Terry Pratchet, don't you? I'm sure that I saw a segment from Going Postal there (the "walk through that door" segment). Course, that makes Squall Vetinari, and the combined awesomeness of that should cause an explosion. And Quistis is therefore Drumknot. So therefore Seifer, as Lipvig should have stolen Squall's pencil at the end of the conversation. Whatever. Am going back to reading this now...
Angel-In-Black chapter 21 . 8/19/2010
Bravo! I know you said this is old and probably needs some tarting up, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I bet you had huge fun writing Seifer, I think it came across. You did it well. I'm not going to say it's the best story in the world and has no faults and blah blah blah, but I do think you did a really good job writing the characters true to their character and having some fun with them. I also like the epilogue, Seifer as a responsible parent is highly amusing.

Thanks!
Charmeuse Tea chapter 21 . 12/23/2008
A wonderful finale to a wonderful fic of a wonderful trilogy. You have created...an absolute Seiftis paragon. Reading this work of art has been my greatest pleasure and has given me as much satisfaction as playing the game itself. Your writing has a lasting quality - not the kind that people easily forget about, nor want to forget about. Blessings to you and all your future writing endeavors!
Charmeuse Tea chapter 17 . 12/23/2008
Wow, it's been way too long and I therefore had to do a bit of refreshing. (And that, people, is why you never stop reading in the middle of a great fan fic - schoolwork takes the blame, as you might have guessed.)

I like the idea of hydroponic gardens...
Tequila Princess chapter 21 . 9/12/2008
Waah, it's finished. Not I don't have a reason not to do my term paper.:(

I've been seeing this trilogy in the archives since forever but I've only just decided to read this now. I don't know, the titles seemed too formal for me. Or something. Anyway, so yeah, I cut all my classes for the past two days just to finish everything. It's that addictive. You will be blamed if I fail my finals.

Lol, just kidding. This trilogy seriously reminded me of Altol's Fire & Ice. Aside from the long chapters, this also had the gets-under-your-skin quality to it. I mean, I've even DREAMT of this fic for cripes' sake.

Your writing style is amazing. Very detailed and eloquent. The chapters are so packed with action that this is the only fic that I haven't skipped a few paragraphs. I just can't afford to. And your characterization was perfect too, especially of Seifer. You made him even nastier and bad-ass and cocky than the other fics. I LOVE IT. Such a sexy beast.:) Lol. Selphie's could've done better though. Her being all about sex was a bit contrived for me. She just doesn't seem like the type. Just my opinion.

Anyway. You scared me during the part where Seifer found at that Zell and he had the same tattoo. I was so sure you were going to squeeze some yaoi action in there that I was cringing while scrolling down the page. Thank god you didn't. I won't have to be traumatized.

But! You made me despise you when Seifer and Quistis break up somewhere during the middle of this. I WAS THIS CLOSE TO BOYCOTTING YOUR FIC AND HUNTING YOU DOWN. But they patched things up so yay, no fic author-killing for me.:)

So there, onto the not so happy point/s. There were some chapters that had everything single-spaced in a single paragraph. It was really really crossed-eyes-inducing. Is there even such a word? But yeah, you get my point. It was really overwhelming to see the whole window covered with text. But I hear FF Net has crappy formatting so it might not be your fault. But still.:(

I'm confused though, so Seifer didn't get married? They just had kids? And they're living separately? Yes, I'm slow so please enlighten me. While you're at it, can you tell me what Seifer and Edea talked about? Please? Won't tell anybody, promise.

Epilogue's okay, though I would've liked it if you picked things up right after the ending, instead of the "years after" type of thing. And Quistis should've been in there. Why isn't there any Seiftis action in the epilogue of a Seiftis fic? *weeps*

Don't get me wrong though, I loved every single word of this. Bravo to you.:) Oh, and even though you said you won't drabble in the FF8 world anymore, I will be praying to God to inspire such a beautiful, no, gorgeous, talented, amazing, intelligent author like you to write another Seiftis. *hinthint*
Charmeuse Tea chapter 16 . 8/19/2008
One of your strong points is the ability to identify and convey abstract thoughts and emotions, as well as the subjunctive mood. I'm convinced that some writers have just got a bent for it, while others wouldn't even if they tried. But you, you got it, babe.
Charmeuse Tea chapter 14 . 8/16/2008
I've pretty much failed to mention how perfect your song choices have been, and not just in this fic, either. The lyrics are so fitting; they just have SEIFTIS stamped all over them. Excellent!
Charmeuse Tea chapter 9 . 8/6/2008
Can't believe this is only my second review for RTS; it's been a while!

Very nice plot development. I really can't wait to see where Laguna's plan is headed, and how the Edea-Seifer relationship will unfold, and, and, well, a lot of things. It's amazing how you've intertwined the subplots - there's always something going on, and all of it feeds back into the main story. Every character, every event is there for a reason. It's evident that you've put a lot of planning and organization into your writing, and that is one quality which is always, always appreciated by the reader. Especially geeks like me, who love to break down writing to the smallest detail.
Charmeuse Tea chapter 4 . 7/10/2008
Loved, loved, LOVED the little Quad incident. Blizzara was pure genius, but the surprise Fira had me in stitches. Laugh fest all the way!
Ash Phoenix chapter 21 . 3/21/2008
... Wow. I must say - after reading all three (GB, SDTC and RTS) I was instantly hooked to this story (and not only because the Seifer/Quistis pairing happens to be my fave!)

The story was written in such a ... realistic way, and the relationship between Seifer and Quistis was beautifully handled as well. Well done for you, for taking your time in writing such a magnificent piece! :D

Ash XX
jave56 chapter 21 . 3/6/2008
you are wonderful. this is wonderful.
cat chapter 21 . 1/23/2008
ohmygawd.

finally finished the lot, and loved it SO MUCH.

i adore seifer now.

all thanks to you :D
weep blood chapter 21 . 5/4/2007
you totally rock! i finished south down the coast and recovering the satellites in one sitting, stopping only to eat, sleep, and well, answer the call of nature.

i love the way you write. i love how you managed to put all the genres together, from action to romance to just about everything. what i love most about your fics is how they are not mushy. also, the insights of the characters filled the stories with so much sense. i also admire the way you depicted the characters - it was all perfect - just the way they are despite the circumstances.

after reading your fics, i found it hard to be satisfied with the other fics already. yours is just so damn good. job well - no, make that greatly - done!