Reviews for Fire
this ending made me cry.
Tauraniel chapter 42 . 12/12/2012
Woah... This is likely one of the best portrayals of Fëanor that I have ever seen. The entire story was amazing and captivating- I read it in one sitting. Beautiful job.
Athalanta chapter 16 . 7/31/2012
WHY would the days grow short? Sun not shining at the same angle upon Arda as in spring?
They call me Mary chapter 42 . 6/6/2012
Beautiful!
maglors harp chapter 42 . 7/30/2011
An absolutely beautiful story. I am so glad I stumbled across it.

And guess what. This is the first time that I have (willingly) dropped more than three reviews for one story.

May the stars shine upon your road,

maglors harp chapter 36 . 7/30/2011
That was so powerful. The Oath becomes even more menacing and awe-inspiring because of the detailed build-up, and because we see the sons of Fëanor here as people, not as characters. Absolutely splendid.

My only grievance is that you do not include much of Makalaurë ;) By the way, I love the fact that you use a 'k' instead of a 'c' in his name. It looks so much better.

Take care,

maglors harp chapter 13 . 7/29/2011
What a sweet chapter! :D You really do create realistic and plausible situations. And I love your Nerdanel.

Tc,

maglors harp chapter 5 . 7/29/2011
I am loving this story even more than I loved 'Laurie'. Just one little thing: you said a while back that Fëanor and Nerdanel were around eighteen when they fell in love. That would mean they were around seven or eight in human years. Sorry if I missed something (I probably have) or if other reviewers have already pointed this out.

I shall now proceed to read the rest :D

Yours,

Nightshade Scribe chapter 41 . 5/12/2010
Palantíri: so much cooler than your average cell phone, even if you can't set "They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard!" as a ringtone.
Nightshade Scribe chapter 40 . 5/12/2010
Yes, the lack of real days-it makes writing post-Darkening pre-sun so hard...luckily, there is a mention of morning at that time in PoME, so I have accepted it as canon.
Nightshade Scribe chapter 19 . 5/12/2010
On the mention of Maglor's birthday: as the average gestation period of the Eldar is a year, they do not celebrate birthdays, but begetting days. Must be fun to explain to your two-year-old ("Mommy, what's a birthday?" "It's the day you were born," is much simpler than "Amil, what's a begetting day?" "It's when Amil and Atar...you know, I think someone has a present for you! Why don't you go see what it is?")
Nightshade Scribe chapter 16 . 5/12/2010
Score for !Fëanor-so often he's either a complete jerkass or a complete softie whose interactions with his children taste like diabetes.

Gah, I'm speaking TVTropese again.
Nightshade Scribe chapter 22 . 5/12/2010
You know, you always can create an auxiliary email address.
Nightshade Scribe chapter 21 . 5/12/2010
Ah, the adrenalin rush surrounding a wedding in such a family. I really must get around to my 'Maglor's wedding' fic; I've been planning bits of it since December.
Nightshade Scribe chapter 26 . 5/12/2010
Celegorm and Aredhel? I didn't look for the review you referenced, but let me say that the Professor said VERY CLEARLY that, while Aredhel liked to hang around with her cousins, "To none was her heart's love given."

Let's save the incest for her son, 'kay?