Reviews for Fire
Chibi-Lill chapter 38 . 7/11
I am like most people and generally dislike Fëanor, who reminds me strongly of Anakin in the prelogy (though timewise, the inspiration is the other way around). His arrogance and constant rage at everything (Indis and her children, his son for daring to love one of Indis' grandchildren, Nerdanel when she's resisting him) irks me and I mostly want to slap him. I do understand his desire for freedom and that he wants to see lands beyond Aman but there are other ways to gain what he seeks. As for him being too "human" for the Eldar, it is an interesting point of view, though I hope such selfishness (ordering his child to renounce the woman he loves because of grievances between their families is but an example) is not mandatory in human !
That being said, jhe is the most talented of the Noldor and his star burns brigt. Your story perfectly depicts the way fires burn in him : creative inspiration, passionate love, equally passionate anger, desire to be independent, ... He is not above manipulating (some would say tricking) his people and his sons, playing on their desires or their loyalty to him.
I found Nerdanel's statement that he loved his mother, whom he barely knew, much more than he ever loved her very interesting. I feel sometimes that Fëanor outlook on life is almost completely defind by his mother's death.

Reading your take on the road that led Fëanor to the Oath and the Kinslaying is a fascinating journey.
Lotrfn chapter 37 . 7/10/2016
I cannot imagine the sorrow of Nerdanel at losing her sons and the misery of Makalaurë and Curufinwë at being sundered from their wives. I love the FëanorPOV but feel such sadness for Maitimo, following because he feels he must. Ugh. This story makes me so sad but I love how you are telling it.
Lotrfn chapter 34 . 7/10/2016
Fantastic story so far. Love the Fëanor POV. I also like how you have made Nolofinwë three dimensional and a character for whom I have sympathy. So often he is a bit of a blank slate or an arrogant, cranky character.
AlexDnD chapter 42 . 10/14/2015
Great story but sad that it jumped all the way to the end.
AlexDnD chapter 22 . 10/13/2015
Urgh what the f is wrong with Feanor!? Rhetorical question but damned he is the most selfish little shit in existence at this point.
AlexDnD chapter 5 . 10/13/2015
I really love the style and speech of this fic. It really captures Tolkien's world.
AlexDnD chapter 4 . 10/12/2015
Hard to empathize with him. He really needs to let things go!
AlexDnD chapter 1 . 10/12/2015
A powerful opening.
Guest chapter 42 . 1/27/2015
this ending made me cry.
Tauraniel chapter 42 . 12/12/2012
Woah... This is likely one of the best portrayals of Fëanor that I have ever seen. The entire story was amazing and captivating- I read it in one sitting. Beautiful job.
Athalanta chapter 16 . 7/31/2012
WHY would the days grow short? Sun not shining at the same angle upon Arda as in spring?
They call me Mary chapter 42 . 6/6/2012
Beautiful!
maglors harp chapter 42 . 7/30/2011
An absolutely beautiful story. I am so glad I stumbled across it.

And guess what. This is the first time that I have (willingly) dropped more than three reviews for one story.

May the stars shine upon your road,

maglors harp chapter 36 . 7/30/2011
That was so powerful. The Oath becomes even more menacing and awe-inspiring because of the detailed build-up, and because we see the sons of Fëanor here as people, not as characters. Absolutely splendid.

My only grievance is that you do not include much of Makalaurë ;) By the way, I love the fact that you use a 'k' instead of a 'c' in his name. It looks so much better.

Take care,

maglors harp chapter 13 . 7/29/2011
What a sweet chapter! :D You really do create realistic and plausible situations. And I love your Nerdanel.

Tc,