Reviews for The Crucible of Fear
BeautifulAlice chapter 12 . 10/20/2008
I liked it! Great ending...really sweet. :D
wicked-n-lazy chapter 12 . 9/28/2008
Wow

I really liked this- it was quite an original idea I've never seen anywhere before, and I'm a sucker for literary references _ I can't resist throwing them in myself so the Solomans mines stuff really drew me in.

Also, your characterisations were all wonderful- I enjoyed Dorians especially for some reason XD although my one and only gripe would be there was very little of Hyde in the story, but you didn't completely ignore him and he was acting accordingly.

All in all, very well done and I enjoyed reading this
achillies-eel chapter 12 . 9/10/2008
I saw the update for this, and I was like, "yay, an update, an update!"... until I realized that I'd never read this before. Then I was like,

"OMG OMG there's another story I haven't read! -jumps up and down-". So... now you've made me happy. Which is most assurdly a good thing. REALLY. :D Good chapter, and a good ending!
Capitano chapter 12 . 9/6/2008
It's so sad that this great adventure is ended. An adventure with scenes of actions but, above all, with moments of pure tenderness and touching family love. One of the best stories that describes in an enchanting way the true father&son relationship I ever read.. and loved.

Thank you a lot for this fantastic, wonderful and very moving story!
docrock06 chapter 12 . 9/6/2008
This was a great story and I really enjoyed reading it from start to finish, each chapter getting better and better.

One of the best LXG fics!

DocRock06
Bubble Wrapped Kitty chapter 12 . 9/5/2008
A charming ending to a wonderful story! I can't even tell you how excited I was to see the alert for this story pop up in my inbox. It's been far too long since I've gotten to read any of your work. Not that I'm any better, of course, so I guess I won't say more on that, lol ;) Anyway, once again it was a great story and I look forward (hopefully, wink wink) to more! :D

Cheers!

~BubblestheKitty
Bubble Wrapped Kitty chapter 11 . 2/9/2008
Oh sure, just leave it off with the very last chapter hanging in the air like that. And I thought I was horrid about cliffhangers. I'm just kidding. But anyway, yet another great story from you. I'm gonna cross my fingers that you find it in your heart (or your muse, or your schedule, whichever is stopping you from finishing) to finish this story, as well as LXG2. Eagerly awaiting updates as always :D

~Bubbles
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 2 . 12/16/2007
Oh dear. This guy better start leaving the League alone! God, poor Tom and everybody!
docrock06 chapter 11 . 11/21/2007
GREAT CHAPTER! I cant wait for more! This was one of the first LXG stories that i ever read...and it is also one of the best!

DockRock06
Craic agus Ceol chapter 11 . 11/3/2007
oh goody, one more chapter! I can't wait! I love seeing the father/son intereactions between Quartermain and Tom-and Mina playing a prank on Dorian was priceless! Keep up the good work!
Capitano chapter 11 . 10/31/2007
UAU! You updated! Yuppiie! That's fantastic! Another wonderful chapter! I can't wait for the next... and for your 23th chapter of "LXG2 The Sequel"! You're great!
Capitano chapter 10 . 10/22/2007
This story is so moving (Thomas & "Daddy" Quatermain are really lovely! UAU!). I can't stop reading it over and over. You're my hero! Please UPDATE SOON!
hexgirl chapter 10 . 6/7/2007
great story, i can't wait to find out what happens next, so update soon, please.
StormyWolfBowler chapter 10 . 4/8/2006
Bit disappointed that we never found out what Skinner's dream was... But that's my only real complaint with this story. (Skinner fan, can you blame me?) But, as I was saying, great story and if you do ever decide to post that last chapter you promised, I look forward to reading it.