Reviews for The Black Gate Opens
grumpy chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
great story, I like how you have written the ride to the black gates from Pippin's point of view. An how Aragorn is trying to get the attention off of Frodo and Sam. looking forward to more
BenRG chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
Strider and Gandalf always knowing what they are doing? Pippin, my lad, I'm afraid that you have a big shock coming to you! ;-)

Seriously, I'm glad to see the beginning of 'Black Gate'. This looks like it is going to more than counterbalance the slow pace of 'Steward and the Queen' with fast paced action, magic and battles between whole armies. Just what the doctor ordered, as it were.

I like how you characterise Aragorn in all of your stories. He will always be a little introverted and secretive, that is Ranger nature. However, when the time comes, he is capable of dramatic overt action. A nice little touch with him using the Elessar to put a fireball or two into Minas Morgul's gates. Should make Sauron sit up and take notice, methinks.

Imrahil probably would have only been satisfied if Aragorn had gone to the Vale with a squadron of Rohorric cavalry or a company of his Royal Guardsmen. However, Aragorn is happier with a few trusted swords in the hands of friends, I think.

BenRG's Rating: 7/10 - And this is only the beginning!
IceEmber chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
Interesting, I don't think I've ever read a fic about them ( the armies of Gondor) with the statue of the old king.

~*Ice Ember*~
lexkixass chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
I rather liked this. It rings right to me.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
34 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3