Reviews for Tendrils of Sunset
Guest chapter 17 . 11/30/2014
reading this over again and it's as wonderful as i remember. love them together! \o/ *happy dance*

i hope you got to see the 'rurouni kenshin' live action movie(s). if not, there are trailers for the first one and then for the sequel movies. the first movie was a wonderful adaptation and the sequels are promised to be just as good if not better. just copy/paste the codes into the youtube search for each video:

O4Bhr80HfyY -the first live movie's trailer
yaLOPVAuJs4 -first movie's character profile trailers
8qRFhP5PhMk -first movie's dojo fight scene from the first chapter manga and first episode anime
a7HrF77Ewkg -the sneak preview for the first sequel kyoto arc:
bAgmfGZbVrQ -the first official trailer for the sequel movies (subbed)
NCei4Vm1ZP8 -another trailer
emy8JkKV6LQ -character profile trailers
BSl-T1AioDQ -trailer for the second sequel (no he doesn't die) 'the legend ends'. they had changed the story of the anime for the movie and it is quite interesting and scary in the implications but the director had hinted on another movie (a prequel... hopefully it'll be both remberance and jinchuu arcs).

the sequels (kyoto arc) have already been released but hopefully they won't be the last ones as i'm counting on big box office numbers again to motivate them to film more... :) ... you can see the first one online at a place called: gooddrama (you can google it although i'm not sure it's available in every country) go there and type in rurouni kenshin... click on the pic of the movie and then ignore where it says to watch it and scroll down below the actors' pictures and click where it says: Rurouni Kenshin (2012) -it can be watched in any one of the three or four screens on the page (different people uploaded each and i usually watch the first on any anime/video site like that *shrugs*) and make sure you have adblocker and run a scan with maleware bytes after any site like that to get rid of any spyware... you can get ghostery as an add-on if you use firefox to stop trackers (i may be extra cautious but it pays to be). i know it's a lot of trouble but i really trust doing all that rather than downloading from bittorrent or something like it. but you can also get the dvds from places like cd-japan or amazon.
enjoy!
gin
A Midsummer chapter 17 . 10/10/2014
I love this. How they were best friends, he was and always will be her first love and the reunion that slowly transitioned their kindling friendship to that of lovers. No unnecessary chick flick induced drama and is instead filled with pure silliness of best friends. The romantic nuances are a bonus. It might have taken years but they accomplished it. And now they're happily married, enjoying each other's company. Your fics are always heart warming and I appreciate its simplicity all the more.
GoldenFox13 chapter 17 . 2/3/2014
enjoyed this very much
GolenFox13 chapter 10 . 2/3/2014
Just...ugh...so cute! I can't!
GoldenFox13 chapter 6 . 2/3/2014
Love this so much
Angelica chibilua chapter 17 . 12/5/2013
LOVELY
feedthegrimmjows chapter 17 . 8/15/2013
Loved this fic! It was so well written and just really nicely done. Keep up the great work!
I read I review chapter 17 . 3/11/2013
Boring story,enough say!
Gemstones chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Well done for completing and writing this fic flawlessly! One of my favs! :) keep it up and more kenshin/kaoru AU stories to come!
ayasora chapter 17 . 4/12/2011
Seriously the whole time I was reading this wonderful story, I just...had like stars in my eyes & fleeting thoughts of what it would be like to fall in love & have someone so wonderful to be best friends with. XD

I mean, the imagery alone kept thrusting me into this fantasy in the back of my mind of finding a soul mate. Its weird because I never thought of myself as a completely romantic person, but after reading this & being 20 yrs old, I want even more to find that special someone to just be my totally imperfect self & happy. Weirdly, a fanfiction story has opened my heart. How odd! lol. thanks so much for this...great piece of work. D
Momesan chapter 17 . 3/23/2011
Thank you for finally finishing it _.Its one of the nicest fics I've read!
Jav-chan chapter 11 . 3/12/2011
In reading Tomoe's entrance and Kamatari wearing a pink short I couldn't help but think of "only real men wear pink" and "little pink man in pink" from Dominic Deegan. A fantastic web comic that I high recommend

After spending the better part of this past week bed ridden I find myself thankful that I decided to scour Ravyns favs for news fics. It's 1am and if my eyes weren't...so...damn...heavy...
Kristy-chan chapter 17 . 3/7/2011
Very niice! I reread ur story and it was just as good as the first time i read it. Thanks for finishing the story up! :)
KyteAura chapter 17 . 3/5/2011
A big congratulations on finally completing your first, published fanfic. I've always been a big fan of your work, and this story has never been an exception. I'm not sure if you know, but I'm a skeptic when it comes to romance/drama, because authors tend to lay it thick on the drama. However, with this story the drama mostly took place in the past, while the present and future was chock full of romance and humour, which makes me adore this story all the more. This is, in my opinion, one of the classic K/K fics that I know I will always come back to for happy feelings, and fond memories.

The last chapter itself was like the chocolate icing on Kaoru's successfully baked cake. A sweet end to a fantastic run. Although I thought the day Kenshin would ask for a camera, and Kaoru was the day he purposed to her so he could get shots of her happy/shocked face. Although, Kenshin being a GUY and all totally wanted to wait for the honeymoon/wedding night. PERV! -laughs-

I'm not sure if you'll continue writing multi-chapter stories for the RK fandom (specifically K/K and/or A/M), but if you do, I'll be there readin' your fics (possibly not reviewing...) and stalking you for updates!
skenshingumi chapter 17 . 3/5/2011
I am so glad you came back and finally finished this story. I am glad you had Kenshin realize his own feelings were his and he didn't need to go backwards rehashing things with Tomoe. It was good to have him fully realize and own his feelings toward Kaoru. I very much enjoyed this story and had the pleasure of rereading it before reading this chapter so I can say I truly appreciated the ending. Charming.