Reviews for Blue Vault of Varda
lucycantdance chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
A good start :) I like it so far.

Even though I write these two as being quite close in age, I love it when there's a substantial age-gap between them...it's always so fascinating to see the way different authors have different takes on it. (Which is good, because its canon. :P)

Not too sure about Ereinion not being Fingon's son in this, but I'll roll with it. I can't really be nit-picky about not following canon, after all. XD

But I digress. I'm already intrigued to see where this is going, and I think I better finish all my homework before I read more - I have a feeling I won't want to stop reading. :)
Henry Plantagenet chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
I like your portrayal of Elrond - a half-elf "of a melancholy disposition," a bit of a loner who likes to steal away and "think about things." I also liked his silent defiance of Gil Galad! Great job!
chisscientist chapter 9 . 7/22/2008
Interesting and well-written.
chisscientist chapter 2 . 7/22/2008
Turning the bathtub into a model of parts of Beleriand... That sounds like fun.
chisscientist chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
Very interesting. I must admit to being shocked that the elves would bind a child that young. It seems unnecessary and cruel. I find this story well written and well researched so far.
Author Unknown chapter 9 . 6/7/2006
Yay! You updated! Can't believe I missed it. New title, I see. Loved it! I like the scene bewteen Gil-galad and Elrond in the tent best. Update soon please.
wigitdog chapter 6 . 4/27/2006
It's still really good. How long is it going to be? Please write a lot more!
wigitdog chapter 5 . 4/25/2006
I still really like your story. I noticed a typo. You wrote "heals" but I think you meant "heels"
wigitdog chapter 2 . 4/25/2006
I really like it! The writing feels like Tolkien and it's a very good plot. But isn't the sun Anor? You wrote Anar. I might be wrong. If I am, sorry.
Estelle Tiniwiel chapter 8 . 1/24/2006
This is a really well written story and you portray the characters with great sensitivity. I am adding this to my story alert list and i look forward to the next chapter.

PS: thanks for the footnotes, they're really good at jogging my memory when necessary and i've learnt some new stuff too.
Author Unknown chapter 8 . 1/19/2006
Yay! Another chapter! Poor Elrond:( Don't leave us hanging!
Author Unknown chapter 7 . 1/10/2006
Yay! An update! I love this story and I thought you abandoned it! Keep writing!
Earonn chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
Thanks again, Celme, for another fine chapter! I've had some spare time yesterday and decided to read the whole story again.

First: great story, please go on. Yet don't feel pushed, it's your hobby after all (my, what *could* be the reason that I of all people says something like that? *gg*).

Second: it's so nice to read the names Artanaro and Finellach in other stories!

And you're getting information from Michael Martinez, too? He's great, isn't he (if a little too eager on speculation for my taste)?

When will Elrond and Gil Galad notice that they're getting close in a more and more literary way? So sweet! ;)

About Cirdan, well, you've written yourself that it isn't clear if he's one of the Awakened. We hat this topic at our German forum about three years ago and I wrote a short article (or long posting) about this. What I found out is that most likely Cirdan is *not* one of the first Elves.

So, Gilly 'learned from his father's mistakes' concerning his own upbringing, hm? A nice picture of the last High King you're giving here! I like the way Gilly deals with Meril - and the way she treats him. Go, Meril! :p

Finally, the 'Asian' touch your Elfies display is very interesting. It seems (more or less) logical that they should perform an 'art' of war.

That's all for now. We're waiting for more!
fanged geranium chapter 6 . 7/28/2005
This is a really interesting story - I'm looking forward to reading more.
Dragonphyre chapter 5 . 6/10/2005
Figured you needed some more encouragement. :D

I'm still enjoying it. More, please. hehe

Dragonphyre.