Reviews for Dead Man Walking
tacaloking chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
i love this story you did a great job making this story
Nachoman1 chapter 15 . 12/14/2006
Hello there.

As you might have already noticed, I already left a review half-way up the fourth ark of this story. I would sincerely ask you to add a note at the beginning of them, so future readers that stumble upon your stories can pick them up from the very beginning.

Anyway, I sincerely love the continuity so far.

Cheers.
Blackdex chapter 15 . 5/19/2006
Will do full review after part three, Ciao
please-delete-account-3071 chapter 1 . 3/10/2006
well written, good sense of humour. Not familiar with Ranma but hooked enough to keep reading
Alathon chapter 15 . 11/24/2005
Pretty damned cool. It helps that X-com is pure classic gold.. one of the real games, from back when you had to have your shit together to win, and not just plod through the cutscenes. Not to mention Terror from the Deep.. that shit was insane.

The whole "Nabiki as breadwinner" thing is very, very stale.. but wasn't enough to sour me to the story. The idea of Genma leaving Ranma behind when the going got tough is a little hard to swallow as well, sure he's a piece of shit but he invested years of his life in training him. I'm also a little surprised Ranma didn't outright murder the "rock stars" in the club scene.. he'd been military for what, years, so there should be no retarded killing taboo. And they really had it coming.

Other than the breadwinner bit, Nabiki fit really well. Akane was entertaining, Kasumi and Soun fit pretty well. Ranma was very much different, but still Ranma at the core, and entirely believable.

One of the best things about the story was the integration of some of the canon cast. Kodachi as nutcase scientist/psychiatrist fits really well. Gos as a psy-ops guy fits. Shampoo as the first love who died tragically is one of the few roles I see her in where I'm sad to hear she's dead. Nabiki nosing into Affairs Of State and getting caught, rather than somehow magically being more competent than real intelligence/security agents as so often happens in fanfics.

The Mars base fight was well done, and while it wasn't tremendously detailed in some parts, I had a good sense of what was going on. The really important parts were all hit on.

I put off reading this series because I saw the mentions of Nabiki, and personally I'm really tired of the "Nabiki as martyr" stories. I'm glad this series was recommended to me in IRC, I'll be moving on to the next one.
Eternally Lost Zeppo chapter 5 . 9/25/2005
So far so good, I like the Ranma/Nabiki angle you're taking with this story, plus the fact that you got Ranma away from the fat panda after Jusenkyo.

I vaguely recall playing X-com when I was a kid, but don't remember it very clearly, so hopefully the rest of the story will explain it enough to jog my memory.

Anyway, it's late so I'll have to call it a day, but as I said, I'm liking the fic so far. _
Virosa chapter 15 . 8/27/2005
nice job hear
Talantus chapter 15 . 8/8/2005
i have only one word to say about this fic

:... WOW!
Jets chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
“Excuse me Tendo-san but my father and I have some things to discuss with my father.”

story is pretty good so far... I'll keep reading and about that dialog I quoted.. the grammar needs to be changed to: "Excuse me Tendo-san but I have some things to discuss with my Father," or

"Excuse me Tendo-san but my Father and I have some things to discuss," Good Luck!
Tigger-69 chapter 15 . 4/28/2005
Absolutly an amazing story. I have to apologise and say I have avoided this story before because I thought, wrongly, that a Ranma/X-com cross would never work. Boy was I wrong. I came across this story from the back end reading the forth book, and I am now starting from the begining.

The forth book was good but the frist is better, probably because is starts from the begining unlike me. The battle scences are great the story line is brilliant and the use of characters from other TV series only adds to its easy to read and understand.

I have played the X-com games but you don't need to to enjoy this story.

I would say please continue but I still have 2 books to go before I catch up so I will just say thank you for writing this sereis and for when I do review the final book please continue.
Chaos Blade chapter 9 . 3/2/2005
hm... interesting fic, but a nitpick, I was certain X-Com was the short form of Extra Terrestrial Combat Force.
Chikiko chapter 15 . 2/12/2005
this was a great fic. i liked it. you can really feel the emotions between ranma and nabiki. just one small thing that i find as a personal pet peeve. the japanese drink is sake not saki. saki can be a name for a girl, or a cliff. sake is the rice wine. but other than that, the story was pretty good. )
maricel ang chapter 15 . 2/2/2005
it,'s an interesting story...so expect im relly looking forward to the continuation. more power to you... i hope more nabiki/ranma instore for us readers. god bless!
SHAWN PROVONCHA chapter 14 . 2/2/2005
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST STORIES I HAVE READ.
SHAWN PROVONCHA chapter 10 . 2/2/2005