Reviews for The Hollow Men
bluebuff chapter 18 . 2/17/2008
Definitely one of the most realistic and impressively researched FMP stories out there... in fact, it's probably the only fanfic with such detail. Being a former weapons otaku myself, it's easy appreciate just how insanely awesome you are as a Clancy-style writer.

Hmm too bad it hasn't been updated for over a year.. :(
Wileama chapter 18 . 7/31/2007
Wow, great story. Can't wait to see where the plot goes next!
Maxwell's Daemon chapter 18 . 3/17/2007
This is a wonderful story, several disparate plot threads being woven into a harmnoius whole. Too bad it was abandoned.
vic chapter 18 . 4/13/2006
glad to see you back. The thought just occured to me, is souske the son of NAPA VALLEY?
Sheo Darren chapter 18 . 3/19/2006
A thrilling start to the final battle. I saw shadows of Gundam and The Five Star Stories OVA when the Rk-81 broke out of the cave. Not to mention echoes of LotR and Rambo in the initial attack. if you were aiming for near-cinematic glory, then you did perfect.

Awesome. Truly awesome.
vic chapter 17 . 2/1/2006
pity the human body doesn't work like that, but then again, giant fighting robots don't exist either. interesting plan, i wonder how mithril will react to this...
Sheo Darren chapter 17 . 1/12/2006
The best yet. The time and effort you put into this latest chapter shows. Tensely dramatic and powerful. Sonoma is very impressive as a character, a perfect anti-hero with whom you both feel apprehension and sympathy for.

And now that things are almost at a head, who knows what will happen next?

Excellent work. Many more of this, please!
vic chapter 16 . 11/24/2005
very, very good. I keep on wondering, however, where is the young souske? after all, this is the right time period for him to show up.

NAPA VALLEY has much more depth as a character now, seeing him from multiple points of view. nice job on that. I hope to see more of Kenji's past as well.
Sheo Darren chapter 16 . 11/8/2005
Everything is drawing to a close, then. Only a little more, and it will be over.

Already I am feeling sad.

Still up to your usual level of excellence. Nothing, it seems, can take that away from you. Always impressive.

While shorter than usual, the chapter is very fast-paced and does wonders in setting what is (probably) the crux of the plot. As I've said before, and am saying so again, there's a movie-like quality to your story- the way scenarios flow and people act. Very nice.

Great work! I believe the ending is as good as- or even better!- the entirety of this adventure. Will wait for it with awe and longing.
Sheo Darren chapter 15 . 10/29/2005
Another impressive chapter in an already impressive series. The battle scenes were gritty and realistic, especially the one between Mithril and the Egyptian/Soviet Arm Slaves. But it seems such a losing battle.

Story-wise, Kalinin and Kenji finally meet. Things are certainly looking up for the future. I wonder: would Sagara have a cameo in coming chapters?

But it was the last part of your story that really struck me. About how Mithril was there since who knew when. About how they fought for all forms of peace. About how they were willing to make whatever sacrifices were necessary. And how McAllen mused that "no peace is worth killing those who'd help us. A powerful scene.

Overall, excellent. Extra points for MGS 3 mention. More, please.
vic chapter 14 . 10/15/2005
i like the way things are heating up. i can't wait to see souske emerge as a young boy though
Gunso chapter 11 . 10/5/2005
I've almost caught up to your latest chapter. I have continued to be impressed by your writing. It continues to hold what is (to me) an amazing amount of historical accuracy without slowing the story down with too many details.

And while this chap wasn't an example of it, I also like how well you have told the story of the 'past' and 'present' in a way that they compliment each other so well.

I really enjoy your work, and I'm looking forward to reading more when I can.
Riana1 chapter 2 . 10/4/2005
Finally a story that I can sink my teeth into.
Gunso chapter 6 . 9/26/2005
This is heck of a story! I havn't read something this interesting to me in a long time. You do an excellent job of bringing realism to the FMP world by giving it such a convincing history. I'm completely amazed by the historical detail you have applied. I look forward to reading the rest of this story.
Sheo Darren chapter 13 . 8/27/2005
Major league mecha action again! Mithril's finally taking the Pattons in for a dry run! Woot!

A great combination of action and humor, too. I love Mark's 'Afro power' cheer. Who, indeed, would think to look there?

Will be sending you an edited copy of this chapter. Corrected some minor spelling errors and italicized foreign words. Not much. Well done despite the rush.

As always, a wonderful fic. Thank you very much!

*currently an unabashed Kiriko fan and loving this Whispered girl*