Reviews for Withered Black
AzTec999 chapter 1 . 9/17
I cannot persuade them to leave me, even for their own salvation...
-THIS. This line really did it for me. The angst and misery of Hamlet shines through. I can't help but to feel sorry for all of them, especially for Horatio and Ophelia because of their tragic fates.
Cris.P.C chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
Wow. This was amazing, so heartbreaking. I love how Hamlet speaks his mind about probably the two people in his life he cares about the most, although he hurt them so badly. It's so sad, poor things. :'c
Edna Pests chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Apple Snapple chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Oh gosh, this was BEAUTIFUL. Actually, maybe I should say that it's still beautiful.

I liked the last line the best. It just brings it all together very nicely.
angelofplottwists chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
The last line brings it all together SO WELL - truly, the whole fic is filled with such intensity and is so in-keeping with Hamlet that it's hard to find a single point of obvious skill. It's just all amazing.

and there needs to be more good Hamlet fic. You are a gem among coal.

Zallah chapter 1 . 10/10/2006
Beautiful parallel of Horatio and Ophelia. Never thought about their relationship to Hamlet that way before. Thanks for the new view.
Sabrina Empress of Insanity chapter 1 . 1/17/2006
I...have no words. Wow. Just amazing!
Huntress of the stars chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
Beautifully composed. Horatio and Ophelia deserve more credit, you know? They were, as you say, Hamlet's emotional relief. He saved himself through them. Call them tools, but their love and devotion to Hamlet were unquestionable, for which they suffered.

Again, beautiful. I love your verse.
Lady-Christian-Knight-88 chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
Oh man...

Steelsheen chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
Whoa. Only three reviews? What is the world coming to?

This was great, really angsty and poetic and powerful. I love how Hamlet knows what he's doing but just can't stop... very in-character.

Keep writing!

Elendraug chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
Oh, -ouch.-

Absolutely wonderful.
cupidtea chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
You used fantasticly creative insight.

However, it has little flow to it. There are a few sentances that are the size of paragraphs.

But, nonetheless, wow.

"I will speak daggers to her, but use none."
MapleRose chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
Wow! That's deep. Why am I the first to review?

I've never noticed how Horatio and Ophelia are similar in the way that they are faithful to Hamlet. I like your take on this.

I also love your choice of words, it's understandable, but has that Shakespearian tone to it. You really did a good job in capturing Hamlet's dark soul. I like how you used the references in the play (speak daggers, and to be or not to be) and fitted them in so smoothly.

Good job!