Reviews for A Summer of Choices
sbmcneil chapter 7 . 8/21
Why does Hermione have to intrude? Ugh! Give Ginny a chance with Harry! First it was creepy pedophile Tonks and now Hermione.
sbmcneil chapter 3 . 8/21
An Auror doesn't see anything wrong with an adult woman snuggling up to a 15 year old? Its a bit creepy in my book.
nex praenuntius chapter 1 . 8/10
First I would like to say that I understand this is quite a old story, as well as being one of the best I have ever seen. Second, I also understand that you (the author) are very unlikely to read this comment, but that you (fellow readers) might benefit from this review. This is simply an amazing story with only one actual flaw. It's so dry. The dialog is usually good and captivating, but everything else is simple descriptions. If that bothered you enough to stop reading, trust me on this, you need to start again.
WhiteEagle1985 chapter 20 . 7/11
A great story here!
A reader chapter 11 . 5/22
I just wanted to say that it is amazing that they can watch DVD's two years before they were released in Europe. I know that it hard to believe that such a common thing today was not around in 1996 but just to let you know that DVD's were not released in Europe until 1998.
N Flamel chapter 19 . 4/6
O-C, the section where Harry went into Tonks's room and literally willed her back to life was one of the best sequences you've written. Doing that in your first (or second) story makes it even more impressive. My eyes are still watering from reading it. It was interesting revisiting this story, simply because it was one of your first. The development in your writing and establishing your style was evident, as the first part of the story was good, but it wasn't quite 'you' yet. That happened somewhere in the middle in a battle scene, when your style seemed to crystallize. The scene with Tonks also took you to a higher level of expression. Needless to say, it was fun rereading this fic. Not sure if we'll see anything new from you, so thanks for your wonderful stories, though I plan on continuing to reread them on a regular basis. Best, Nicolas
N Flamel chapter 7 . 4/5
The strongest feeling is that you showed your ability to write battles at a high level in this chapter. Since this is arguably your first fic, based on the initial posting date, the staccato cadence, details, and shock of battles could be seen here and would become even more sophisticated in your subsequent stories. The damage wreaked by both sides became even clearer the next morning through the information provided by Amelia, Dumbledore and Diggory. It's interesting to see Ms. Bones this early in your writing, since it's my humble opinion you basically brought this canon character to life through your various stories. Harry's reaction was full of grace and very nice to see.
N Flamel chapter 2 . 4/2
Hi O-C, rereading this story. From the review on Ch 1, I first read it in August, 2014. What stands out in this chapter was how functional Harry was after learning his only living family was killed, most likely by Death Eaters, though not confirmed at this point. I'm wondering if Harry will have a delayed reaction to the Dursleys' deaths. I guess another explanation would be that Harry had built up a defense to their mistreatment of him, so he just doesn't have the emotional investment most of us do in family members. I'm sure we'll gain more insight when you want us to know.

The second interesting element is how Albus already had Harry's new life set up. From where Harry will now live, who will stay with him, arranging for training, to even allowing Harry to go shopping, etc. It seems obvious that Albus knew well before Harry that the Dursleys had died/been killed and set about creating a new life for him. On the other hand, it appeared that Albus realized at least some of the mistakes he made in dumping HP with the Dursleys, and the letter he wrote was much more forthcoming than he usually is. So, let's hope there's some possibility Albus has learned from his earlier mistakes.

Since I've just finished Thank you, Ms. Bones (again - love that story), the contrast of the two writing styles will be interesting to see. I'll hold off on any comments since I'm only two chapters into this story. It's always fun to (re)read your fics. Hope you're doing well, Nicolas
bellalib chapter 8 . 12/13/2016
Such a really good story... really enjoy reading it. I just have to say I can't stand Hermione! She just makes me want to vomit!
noylj chapter 4 . 12/8/2016
Ginny slaps Harry.
Wow, always good to do to someone who has spent their live being abused and is suffering a traumatic experience.
Why not punch him in the gun or knee him?
68phoenix chapter 20 . 12/6/2016
really do like this story just wish Luna had a different part in it.
Guest chapter 19 . 8/26/2016
Please continue
JohnDopy chapter 1 . 8/2/2016
How is it that every time goblins are remotely tolerable, griphook is still at the same job, all day everyday, even three years later. And the whole nation is impressed that Harry remembers the ONLY goblin he has ever met for more than five minutes. Plus griphook is still a very driver even when Harry hasn't seen him in 3-6 years depending on the fic. For a race built on greed, he really must hate promotions.
Luiz4200 chapter 14 . 7/27/2016
Poor Narcissa. Literally.
Guest chapter 19 . 6/23/2016
I extremely enjoyed this story, and would absolutely love to see it go another 40 chapters. All the characters, the character development, the story lines, the remarkable fluidity, the attention to deal, the balance throughout the story... Absolutely remarkable work! PLEASE PLEASE CONTINUE THIS STORY!