Reviews for Dies Irae
Child of Music and Dreams chapter 1 . 6/5
(whimpers)
Erik...
IamthePhantomoftheOpera chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
that was rather sad...but it was still a great piece.
Emilie Rose chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Brilliant! Amazing. Poor, unhappy Erik...
Sarah Crawford chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Astonishing and beautifully poignant. I love your writing.
MastersofNight chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
That gave me chills.

I appreciate your use of the song's words as he climbs. Perhaps the metaphor of going towards the light? Either way it is shockingly brief in the end, which makes it all the more moving.

Thank you for posting.
Queen of Perfectionism chapter 1 . 5/28/2005
Wow, that was so amazing. Very angsty, yes, but fabulously written. I read some of the other reviews this got, and I can't believe some of the horrible things people wrote. Tragic pieces are very hard to write; they involve a lot of depth and have to play into the reader's darkest emotions. Your piece immediately grabbed my attention and it was like I was watching this happen from inside the fic. Erik dying is a risky move, especially when so many people love him beyond all reasonable belief. But we must all remember that in Leroux's book, Erik did DIE. And in a rather romantic and poetic way. Your piece envelops the very essence of the poetic death, and the recitation of the Dies Irae was a fantastic thing to base your fic off of.

I loved this piece and want you to know that you have the makings of a wonderful author. I'm really looking forward to reading more of your work. Excellent work!
Mysweetphantom chapter 1 . 5/10/2005
While I strongly dissaprove of suicide, I did like this fic, quite a bit, it was lovely sad and in character.

I dont know while people flamed you for this so much!

I suppose they did because they believe that there are unforgivable sins, I dont, God hates it when people do bad things (ie suicide, murder, stealing ect) but if you ask for forgiveness he is faithful and Just to forgive you,

So I think the Phantom went to heaven.

thanks for writing this!

Please E-mail me sometime, I'd love to hear your theory's on POTO
allegratree chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
This piece is an interesting take. It definatly sucks you in. It isn't very substancial however. Its more like a scene from another piece. I do think it was rahter descriptive and fairly well-written. PS- The Dies Irae is not a poem. It is a part of a Mass which is called a requiem. This mass is said for people who are grieving the loss of a loved one. I don't think it is too far out there at all to write that Erik killed himself. We know from the book that he seemed to be somewhat obsessed with death. Christine describes his room as having the notes of the original chant that went with the Dies Irae on the walls. I like to think that he had written it there in despair, being afraid that there would be no one to say it for him. In any event, quite good work.

Respectfully Yours,

Allegratree
an-angel-in-hell chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
what? *the last lines sink in* ERIK! NO! *cries hysterically*
MC EmGeeBee chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
Woah!... I have to admit I was a little startled at Erik's death- well, what Erik-lover wouldn't be?- but, this is incredibly well-written, and you've really captured Erik in this- his attitude and his calm..ness? (How would you put that word? Lol, but you get it.) Like another reviewer said, as much as we all wish for a happy ending, this way makes more sense if you're sticking to the actual story and considering who Erik is; what he's been through etc. Basically- I really liked this! It's different, too.

Oh, one more thing, to the reviewer 'Cross_rider'- I won't get too fired up about this, but- ever heard of 'constructive criticism'?

Anyways TTFN! ~Devonny
CrossRider chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
This is ridiculous. Erik would not kill himself. You deserve to go through some of the stuff he did for writing this obscene crap.
Pissed off chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
I hope you die.
PenelopeBlack13 chapter 1 . 12/18/2004
Oh my god, that is so sad. I like the brevity of it. I also like that it's not happy, strangely. Phantom of the Opera isn't really meant to have happy endings, as much as we all want them and love them. Nice work.
Kaya DC Pandora chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
I'm not for the idea of Erik killing himself but this was really so touching. I love the song in the background. I'm off to feel heart broken now.
Madame Butterfly chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
How very Erik of you. I am speechless. This was excellently written. I adored how he ended in a state of peace, somewhat. Beautiful.