Reviews for You Can't Always Get What You Want
Hello old friend, glad to see you kept at this story. I'm done with fanfiction, been done for years, but it's nice to dip back in memory lane as an adult nowadays.
I am a naruhina fan but the characterization that most fics that I have read have hinata with the backbone of an amoeba,and angsting about "Naruto kun only sees sakura" or "I am not good enough for him" or "Why doesnt he notice me" and not even talking to him then some more angsting about it and its making me want to guys gonna say that her childhood messed her up or her fathers shitty attitude thumped down her self esteem into the sewers and I call bullshit,Ive known some guy whose self confidence issue is such that he cant even walk inside a church to attend service and instead stand outside in a blindspot near a window so he can listen to the preacher and hes shown more guts than hinata did in most fics.

yeah just ranting,needed to blow some steam off after watching something called ran-sem,damned things got me in the emotional dump,anybody else fell that being emphatic w/a fictional character is being to much emphatic?
EagleJarl chapter 8 . 12/19/2014
Awwww. That was sweet. I was surprised that Tsunade gave the five minutes - that's a heck of a long time to leave two teenagers alone!

Also, there's something really funny about summoning the Boss Toad to help you break into the girls dorm so that you can get a goodnight kiss and do a panty raid.
EagleJarl chapter 7 . 12/19/2014
The scene in the dorm was great - very believable humor, good pacing, well handled. It was nice to hear Sakura get a little put down; she definitely deserves it. Tsunade's "let's take this outside" trick was classic. First time I ever saw that was in a Garfield strip, ages ago. It never stops being funny, though.
EagleJarl chapter 6 . 12/19/2014
Awwww, watching Naruto show Hinata off was just ridiculously sweet. It's nice to see it coming together and to see Naruto thinking a bit before he speaks. At the same time, I'm glad things aren't just perfect - he still makes her nervous, or goes a little across the lines of her limits. Feels pretty realistic, although I'm not clear on how old they are supposed to be now - mid teens?

The distraction of the guard was cute. That woman is terribly at her job - a kid should not be able to lure you off post that easily!
EagleJarl chapter 5 . 12/19/2014
Yes! Finally!
EagleJarl chapter 4 . 12/18/2014
YES! GO HINATA! Kick his stupid damn butt!

My GOD but that boy has rocks in his head. I hope he finally clues in.
EagleJarl chapter 3 . 12/18/2014
I'd really like to say it's just the sake but, no. Naruto really IS that stupid. Pity that fate was conspiring against Hinata so much - good to see her get the nerve up to say what she wants, just a pity that she was fouled every time.
EagleJarl chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
Got some serious angst going on here. Honestly, I'm surprised Naruto never got here in canon. The kid had a redonk hard life.

I'm guessing it's Sakura walking in? Hopefully she's gotten a clue that Naruto would be a great more-than-a-friend.
usa-chan chapter 10 . 12/11/2014
This Fanfic is funny, maybe a little bit slow in development at some points. But thank you for sharing this.
usa-chan chapter 2 . 12/11/2014
Uhhh that final question... Great!
usa-chan chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
Uh, so much anger but I can understand it. Great insight from Naruto.
EzVibe chapter 10 . 11/19/2014
A bit slow and full of morals but funny all the same
w w w w w chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Dave, I really enjoy your method of writing and how you love to go on spiels about sake pachinko and the like. And all the people complaining about how the story doesn't make canon sense, of course it doesn't! It came out so long ago it would be insane if it stuck to canon. I remember when I first read one of your stories. That was years ago! I still come back all the time and read through all your stories from the earliest to the latest. I REALLY love how you incorporate folklore and knowledge in a majority of your stories, and also, you have my favorite portrayal of Sai that I have ever seen. So to wrap this up, I know you may be gone or maybe dead but your stories have been something that I enjoy deeply. I thank you for making these stories for all of is to read, and wish you luck on your future endeavors.

P.S: I really, really love how you have no authors notes or anything silly like that. Even now, in two fucking thousand and fourteen that shit still exists or is very prevalent. That's why your stories felt more like fan Fiction than FAN fiction.

Yours truly.
tactics2012 chapter 2 . 5/29/2014
I have learned so much about Sake , I hope it's all true,I might have to Google it later.