Reviews for Spin
dreeming chapter 13 . 7/29/2014
Oh. My. God. Ok so, I finished reading this like an hour or two ago and I wrote this long as review on chap 14, but it wouldn't let me post it. Because, apparently I've already reviewed it. And I was like, whaaat how is that possible. So i went to check my past reviews, and I was scrolling, scrolling, and apparently I really have reviewed it before! In 2008! Which is so unbelievably strange, I don't remember it all. That old review though, while basically summarising my thoughts on this read, has absolutely atrocious and cringe-worthy spelling. (Cries, don't know why I ever thought that was cool or acceptable)
SO, this is the review of now, meant to be on chap14:

This was a refreshing "spin" on the world of CCS and an absolute fascinating read. I admit, at first I was really dubious about it because you said it was all OOC, and then they were all in the same grade at school and you started off with a party. So I was like, oh no another cliche... But then I started reading and not even quarter way through the first chapter, I was hooked. And I was like, this is her first story?! Why hasn't she ever written before?! Because I think, more than the plot, it was your writing style that I really loved.

The plot itself though, like I said before, really different and how you played it out was intriguing. S/ S are of course, the cutest evaaar. But I loved both of their characters, poor Dr Reed having to deal with their antics all the time hahah. That being said, I felt it did get a bit overdramatic at times (like when S/S bearing out their souls to one another, what they both were confessing didn't seem like that big of a deal to me) but I sort of understood where it was coming from and it all played out nicely in the end.

So thank you for that lovely read! Pretty sure I already have this fav-ed, and I don't know whether you'll ever see or read this, but yeah, I'm just going to stop my rambling here now.
cat-of-luck chapter 14 . 10/8/2013
Oh yeah, one more review. I was just wondering where you base Sakura from. Is she a character to you or is she like yourself? I'm asking because her narration is very different, funny, and refreshing from other writer's attempts at first-person narration. In my opinion, other writers make it seem forced. Like, they write in this way in an "attempt" for the readers to connect with them on a personal level. But it doesn't feel like that. It's more distracting than anything and I find myself clicking out of a story like that.

Yours, however, it's intriguing. I feel like I know Sakura, like I can understand her. Even though I'm different from her, I find that I can connect with her because she feels like a normal person to me. Sounds cliche, but I can't think of another way to describe it. Not some author trying to sound like a character who's trying to sound like a real person. One thing people really like about your story is how Sakura's thought process. Like, in the pool scene, you can feel she's confused and trying to trick herself even though it's her own mind she's tricking. I guess I'm just saying you have a knack for writing realistically and that's one of my favorite things in a story.
cat-of-luck chapter 10 . 10/8/2013
Leaving a review right now because that sexual relations line ALWAYS gets me! I laugh so loud at that. And I've been wondering what story I read it from and only now I remember it was yours.
cat-of-luck chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
I read this story a while ago, and I'm re-reading it again now. I have to say, it's one of my favorite stories because despite the unique situations, the story has a sense of realism. Though different from the canon- Sakura, your version of her is very interesting and funny and human. I don't know why only now I'm putting it on my favorites list. I really wish you wrote more stories because you have a unique and interesting writing style.

It's humorous but not forcibly. It's real even with unreal situations. There is a couple grammatical and continuity issues that makes things confusing, but it's something that can be overlooked.

One criticism I have with a lot of stories is that their characters are so plain, so one-dimensional. There's only black and white. Your characters, they're gray; they're dirty; they're dark. And I think that's what makes it so interesting. It wasn't just one person's fault, it's everyone's fault. Stories right now are so divided, the world isn't like that. There's gray; there's blurred lines, and imperfections.

There were certain things I didn't understand when I first read it and reading it a second time did help. So I guess that's my only constructive criticism. However, this story was written so long ago that I'm sure you're aware of that already.

This was really a good story. I just had to leave a review. Usually I don't offer constructive criticism, but I felt your story was really so good that complimenting doesn't really help an author like you grow. My criticism wasn't much anyway.

You just have such great characterization. Really wish there was more of your writing to read. Anyway, thanks for the story!
LexaStarr chapter 14 . 6/9/2013
nice story
Silly sis D chapter 14 . 4/16/2013
Simply put... Awesome story :)
aurora0914 chapter 14 . 3/22/2013
WoW. This is... *_*! Gooooooooooooooood Jooooooooob! I loved it, and i loved how Syao never loved Kaho! Cheers!1
Shubhs chapter 14 . 1/5/2012
"This is where I tie everything up, begging and end, into a perfect little package."

Did you mean beginning? :P

"I'm working right now, so is Kaho, Rika, and Tomoyo. Friday night so only the regulars are here."

so are**. 'are' for more than one person and 'is' for just one person or one collective group.

BTW you mix up your "you're", "your" and "you" pretty often. At least in this fic.

Pretty damn good grammar on a general basis though. I think if you proof-read it once or twice then you could catch where you went wrong or whatever. This is only the last chapter but there were others as well.

Love the way you wrote it. The characterization was damn sexy. :P

Cheers. :)
Blue Aidelle chapter 13 . 5/11/2011
This is a good chapter. Congrats!
Blue Aidelle chapter 10 . 5/11/2011
Brilliant!
Blue Aidelle chapter 9 . 5/11/2011
God. This is sooo good. U are soo good!
Blue Aidelle chapter 8 . 5/11/2011
NICEEEE!
Blue Aidelle chapter 6 . 5/11/2011
This chapter is so good! WOW.
Blue Aidelle chapter 5 . 5/11/2011
Strong words. Nice story. Good job!
Nic chapter 14 . 3/5/2011
Can I just say I first read this entire fanfic in o6' and the title of this story never escaped my mind. I have never ever had to dig through my memory and snap just to remember what the title of this story was because it was just that brilliant. A memorable piece of work.