Reviews for The Last Waltz
kitsuK8 chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
beautiful story!
PsyKnight chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
One of the first Betsy/Remy fics I read since I first got the ship stuck in my brain. I've read it several times and every read feels so real and heartbreaking.
Evil chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
Who knows maybe they could have been good together.

It would have better than Gambit and Rouge because that so-called relationship (An on and off relationship is what it is and always has been. And that’s not love or a relationship) hasn’t work from start (1990). For over 18 or 19 years (In another year or two it will be two decades) they’ve been a failed couple. I can’t even remember how many times they’ve broken up and got back together. They’ve never been right for each other at all. I mean a southern slut and a New Orleans “player”… yeah, right.

The story where Gambit joined Apocalypse and became Death and Rogue simple went to be with Pulse is proof of that. We have been shown six or seven other X-Men worlds (Age of Apocalypse, Exiles, Mutant X, Ultimate X-Men, X-Men Movie, X-Men: Evolution) where Gambit and Rogue didn’t get together… and they’ve been shown to be “happier” than they are in the normal X-Men world when there with other people.

So despite what Gambit & Rogue fans think… it seems more and more as the years go by that they were just not meant to be together.

They’re going to end up like Scott and Jean. Scott is with Emma Frost and Jean is with Wolverine. They’re going to be with other people. Gambit becoming Death and Rogue with Pulse is just the start of it.

Gambit and Psylocke… what could have been.

So here’s to Gambit and NOT Rogue!
BViper chapter 1 . 4/23/2005
Nice and enjoyable story. Good ending.
jade chapter 1 . 3/16/2005
reading this was pure torture cause im a romy fan and i can not see remy without his southern belle or psylock without angel "sighs" but it was good anyways keep up the good work
connie chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
fantastic story! i enjoy your written dialogue, and the use of accent without being overpowering (which is sometimes a pitfall of remy/gambit stories).
Artemisn chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
This is an absolutely beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing your gift with us.
luba chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
nice - i normally don't like x-treme x-men, but this could just as easily have been mainstream xmen; the way you wrote these two characters felt familiar and comfortable to me, like it really could be the gambit and psylocke i've known and loved.

i also wanted to ask if i might put a copy on my own psylocke fic archive please? it's at ~ if you'd like to check it out before deciding.

if you're interested, let me know at lubakmetyk
Red Eyed Cajun chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
That was great! Well done! I really like this story, i've never seen a Remy and Betsy story before. This was good and orginal.
Rat chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
that was wonderful. I've missed your writing in the past while. glad to see you're still around!