Reviews for Something In Common
theyurireviewer chapter 1 . 7/2/2015
i really hope this entire pantheon you've made is a good as it sounds
it's nice to see femslash pairings done justice
Concolor44 chapter 9 . 4/25/2014
Okay, first? Remember the First Rule of Dealing with Demons: DON'T.

Second ... There's a SEQUEL!
Totally looking forward to Komi and Rae getting, um, close.

This story SO gets Favorited.
Concolor44 chapter 8 . 4/25/2014
Nice. Really good job with the hoist-on-his-own-petard thing there. Reminds me of some of the better Doc Savage stories.
Concolor44 chapter 6 . 4/25/2014
So the hard, crusty shell hides a gooey, creamy center? In Blackfire? Really? This I gotta see.
Concolor44 chapter 5 . 4/25/2014
The operative word here being "Possessed". PK says he's cut the strings, but he's deluding himself.
Concolor44 chapter 2 . 4/25/2014
Minor-character interactions can make or break a story.
They are helping to make yours. Kudos!
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
LOVE your dialogue! Also, the setup thus far is excellent. It's always interesting how the JL interact with the Titans, and Supe's explanation was a good one.
whitetigerwolf chapter 2 . 9/24/2013
Just a suggestion, but maybe you should put chapters 1 and 2 in their proper places.
Crensler chapter 9 . 2/8/2010
This was good. Really, really good. I look forward to reading the rest.
Taeniaea chapter 9 . 9/9/2008
great story
Pyrobee chapter 9 . 7/6/2008
Awesome story! I can see the romance won't be instantaneous, which I like. I'll definitely be reading your other stories.
DistantDaydream chapter 9 . 9/4/2006
Well done! I read the whole 9 chapter series in one go. You are very creative, you have a good vocabulary, you gave an excellent potrayal of the characters. I can't wait to read the next few stories you have in line with this. Kudos to you.

Note: I failed to find these stories under the category of Blackfire and Raven. Maybe fixing that could add a huge load of readers to this amazing stories.)
malewis chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
Eddy Grant reborn chapter 9 . 7/30/2005
Quijotesca chapter 9 . 2/27/2005
Yes, yes, I'm finally getting around to reading your stuff. ;)

Overall, your writing is good and I don't notice any major flaws. I like how you right Mad Mod's accent. I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. The fact that the villains are led by The Puppet King who ends up being a puppet himself is a nice touch.

I don't have any major complaints, but the Justice League stuff thrown in there is confusing me since I'm not all that familiar with JL.

Secondly, while at first I liked the dynamics between Raven and Blackfire, they sure got down to hugging pretty quickly. Bonding over their fathers seemed a bit forced with me. Raven really doesn't strike me as very sympathetic to those outside her "inner circle." I think she might even mock Blackfire's little display. Sure, Raven's past is also iffy, but she doesn't talk about it much.

And there's one strange sentence: “I think we’d far more than you to keep Komand'r in line,” Officer Cron said.

Judging by context, I suppose it's supposed to be "far more capable" or something along those lines, but just "far" by itself is a bit confusing.

Crazy nitpicking aside, the story is far from godawful, even with the rough spots. I do look forward to reading the rest of your stories, which I shall...when I'm not making my brain ache with math homework. :O