Reviews for The Line
mkdrumstar chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
I read this book! I am a drummer (no duh!) and I loved it. I am giving it to all my drumline gal-friends!
In Lieu Of Reality chapter 4 . 5/2/2009
Lovin' it so far. And I can definitely sympathize... even though I don't actually drum. I play the bells/cabasa/tambourine/anything percussion-y that you don't need sticks for. (Well except for the bells, but whatever.) Me and Delaney are the only girls in the whole percussion section, including concert band! But it's awesome... The guys are funny, talented, random, and incredibly gay unless they're hitting on us! I'm also 1st chair trumpet, and am the only girl until 7th chair. W00T for girl power!
Giun chapter 1 . 7/14/2008

I can appreciate the irony of putting a whole published book online and I congratulate you on the publishing, but WHAT? NOW I HAVE TO BUY IT?

erica chapter 6 . 7/7/2008
I want to buy your book. would it by any chance be at borders? or is it just at barnes and nobles?
i am pie chapter 3 . 2/28/2008
i do think i shall get a copy...

after all who can pass up a cute drummer named sam?
i am pie chapter 2 . 2/28/2008
Ah, fuddruckers and waffle house. key hangout places
i am pie chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Does everyone have a tall paul in there life? I rather think so
ClarinetGeek5 chapter 4 . 2/24/2008
I loved what I've seen of this story... I think I read the whole thing or close to it a while back after having read Keeping In Line. I loved your stories. If it weren't for the fact that I go to a 2 year split high school and there isn't time to try and flip to drumline I would... Though currently I ave my hopes set on making drum major for my 9/10 high school's 300plus kid marching band. I'm proud to tell you that we are the biggest 9/10 marching band in our area and the only school in the area that is larger than us is a 400-500 kid 4 year school that is the only high school for that city.(our city happens to have at least 5 9/10 high schools and 3 11/12 high schools)... whoops went a little on a rant there on you. sorry. I'm a little proud of my band. I think your stories are pretty realistic and I think I'm gonna go buy The Line soon. : ] keep up the good writing.
Konoichi2.0 chapter 6 . 12/5/2007
Wow so you're a woodwind transformed into a drummer too. I played the clarinet but they needed an extra mallet player so I took the job. I will agree with what Lucey said they aren't the most difficult things to play. I didn't even know there was a fan fiction for marching band but I am so gonna start writting stuff for it now! I'm working on a Naruto fic where all the rookie nine start their own drumline after the band program is canceled. I'm a total band geek and I absolutely love the people in the band. Your story was really good. I think I'm gonna put your book on my christmas list. I can't wait to read the rest.

Well I'm off to practice synthesizer music for winter drumline. Yeah I play piano too, nothing amazing though.
Krystina the Alien chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
Before I even go on, I just want to compliment your writing.

Vanessa Masterson chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Okay so I read this and loved it beyond all doubt. so i told my dad "Dad, I've been doing a lot of yard work and considering a I dont get an allowance and cant seem to find a job, could perhaps ask you for a present?" and he was like "let me guess you want that book you have been rambling about for 4 days?" so now it should be here by tomorrow! I'm so happy its gonna be such a great break from all the stress of auditions and stuff lately! (yeah our auditions are next week and even if you already had a spot on the line, you have to re-audition for it.)
Frost Hobbit chapter 6 . 3/20/2007
I have not read your story yet, because reading long stories on the Internet gives me a headache, but I am so happy for you that your story is published. My birthday is next month and I will definately be asking my parents to get me your book, if I can wait that long to read it. It looks GREAT and it's the first published book I've seen that's about marching band. I will be telling my marching band friends about it and I wish you luck if you plan on publishing any of your other stories!
Somewei chapter 6 . 3/19/2007
OH! I just asked my dad to let me buy one. I'm pretty sure he'll say yes! I have the address for my local B&N and I have the cover art for The Art of Sound on my deviant account!
Monkeysbrock chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
Hi! You found me on myspace a while back and I noticed someones comment about you being on since I'm a dork and am here all the time I thought I would do a search and what do you know I found something. This story is amazing after one chapter and I can't wait till it is published. Keep up the good work
LittleDrummerGirl2010 chapter 2 . 12/24/2006
Ok, I really want to read this story, but I think I want to wait until the book is published so I don't know what's going to happen when I'm reading it.