Reviews for Fields of Elysium
wynnleaf chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
I like this piece, but I have to admit it took duj's review to help me through understanding it (assuming duj got it right).
MiniShrink chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
Written quite well, though I agere with others that you should try being a little more blatant; not everyone can decipher this.

Also, Voldemort is French for 'fly from death'.
BellonaBellatrix chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
"He is but a conduit. Does the road to the scaffold grieve?"

Nicely done. The imagery is fantastic here. Just fantastic and many fall short of what you have accomplished here. Wow...
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 1 . 4/21/2005
Hmm. I think it threw me off my track to get "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park" stuck in my head before starting to read this. Perhaps you should put the mention of it at the end. ;)
Mistress Siana chapter 1 . 1/10/2005
Well, I read your story. Then I read it again, and now I feel cold. There are few stories that achieve that, so thank you for yours. It may be cryptic and difficult to understand, but in my opinion, it is perfect that way. Your words are powerful and poetic without being melodramatic, and this is what distinguishes a piece of art from the vast amount of fanfics out there.

"He spins elegant silken phrases, weaving the tale of his own existence amongst the lives of others. He hangs in a web of words slung across the abyss."

So beautiful! Added to my favourites.
duj chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
Some great concepts and images here. I particularly like "He is but a conduit. Does the road to the scaffold grieve?" However the reader has to know the books incredibly well to take your eliptical references. The addition of a few words here and there would ease the path of understanding.

For example:

"Evans. He had thought that they were friends until she smiled..."

Add "as Potter dangled him upside-down."

"At the Headmaster’s request he has arrived to escort Crabbe, Goyle and Malfoy home from Saint Mungo’s and in the corridor outside the ward, for the first time, he sees that she is crying." Insert after Mungo's, "The combined jinxes of her child and his friends had been difficult to remove." (Or any other words identifying that Harry and his mates had put them there. I assume Lily's shade was crying because Harry had grown up as self-righteously arrogant as James.)
Nellie S chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
Greetings from the Reverse Fic Exchange!

I think the main problem here is you're trying to hard.

The concept of your fic is lovely. I can sort of see where you're going. However, the main problem lies in the fact that you aren't being blatant enough. Suggestion is all very good, but not when your whole entire fic is just suggestions. It's like strip tease without the strip. There's just not enough real sustenance.

However, it is passable in the sense that it does convey the general point.

Thus, well done! Best luck for future works!

i
Laurentina chapter 1 . 12/18/2004
Woah. Okay, that was pretty dark. How about something Xmassy next time? But I can't fault the writing.