Reviews for God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
BiblioMatsuri chapter 4 . 1/10
This is very nice. Great use of descriptive language - you set up the imagery but you're not overly wordy about it.
WildGirl chapter 9 . 9/14/2012
Oh my gosh, that was one of the best stories I've ever read! You had me laughing to death at the beginning with Sessh and inuyasha, comepletly pissed at how guys are so heartless in the mid ( no offense to those guys out there ), and then all out crying when I realize that all this happened because Sesshomaru was the one who couldn't move on, until he saw his brother truly happy...then u look back on how they try to kill each other all the time, and I start thinking like run if they're brothers, then why are they fighting like that?' XD well, now I'm droning on but, all in all, it was a truly amazing and touching story XD keep up the good work!
paragoge chapter 9 . 12/31/2011
I absolutely LOVED this. I mean, A Christmas Carol is my favorite Christmas-based redemption story, and this captured it perfectly. I cried so much while I was reading that I think my eyes are red and swollen. Inuyasha was such a stubborn, indecisive, cowardly bastard here that I wanted to smack him-or at least, have someone smack him-upside the head multiple times. Seriously, he was so idiotic! And I felt so bad for Kagome, always trying to reach out to him but everytime she did she hit a wall. I felt like Miroku should have done more to wake Inuyasha up instead of always defending him, but then again, he was his best friend, and Inuyasha is like the most pigheaded when he doesn't want to listen. I was wholly amused by Kouga being the 2nd ghost, but I think I got the 'child for the past, adult for the present, and elderly for the future' thing that you did with the 3 ghosts (unless that was pure coincidence and I'm making it all up). Anyway, there were lots and lots of things that I loved about this fic-I don't think there is anything that I hate about it-and I congratulate you on this wonderful masterpiece. Belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Mihzuki chapter 9 . 10/3/2011
I loved this story. I'm a real sucker for Christmas stuff and I think you captures the spirit of A Christmas Story perfectly while making it your own.

A few things: I got progressively more excited with each spirit that appeared. Oh, Koga.

I also drank coffee at that exact Starbucks, as I totally lived in the west 4th street dorms as a grad student. I loved the landmarks, being a New Yorker. Well done.

The part where he sits with his mom as she dies gave me shivers, and the last (full) chapter where he tells her how he feels made me swoon.

All in all, super cute and well done. Thank you!
BGuate224 chapter 9 . 3/21/2011
i loved watching the memories of inuyashas past, especially his fluffy ones with kagome-he had guts back then. then...he came spiraling down but shippo, koga, and kaede stirred him back to potential ! brilliant (:

daisuke...nice

i especially love that it was just sesshomaru's doing. cold hearltess emotionless sesshomaru, just looking out for his brother, made him happy, and able to pass over. genius
kirr1001 chapter 9 . 2/6/2011
I don't really know why but I just loved Koga in this! He was just so funny and told things to Inuyasha like they were xD

Good that everything ended happily; people have to learn from their mistakes.I hope I'd have a husband like Inuyasha xP

Great and touching story, you wrote amazingly like always, thank you very much!
SleeplessInsanity chapter 9 . 8/23/2010
Aww that was a just the right kinda story to read today.

(its all rainy and deary) your story was much liked .

just wanted to let ya know.
nepenthec chapter 9 . 5/20/2010
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. You are one talented writer.

Though I have to say the story wasn't what I expected since you labeled it as a 'parody'. Not that that disappoints.
Nyony's Echo chapter 9 . 4/5/2010
This story was just so powerful and i loved it! Amazing piece of writing!
The Vampire's Liaison chapter 9 . 3/12/2010
It was a lovely story, and the fact that it was spread out over three years was actually very heartening. You see, its been a year since my last update and...ahem...well...I'm stuck. All there is to it. I am at a standstill. i think I really need to sit down and mess with it. The problem is I have this new thing called exhaustion and i pass out fully dressed, on my bed backwards about 3 nights a week. Lights on and everything. Anyway, I stopped reviewing every single chapter and won't be doing that anymore because, when I like a story, I like to reread. And then i tend to want to re-review. And rejects repeat reviews on chapters. So I left myself a little wiggle room.

I think I shall read MIA next, since its all done. Then, it will be on to 'Playing With Fire'. I think it will be exciting to read an in-progress fic, and you updated recently. But before I really commit to anything, I think my own fic needs a little attention. Lol.
The Vampire's Liaison chapter 5 . 3/12/2010
Another great chapter. Loving the realistic and grounded moments where real life and real love come in, nicely intersperced with just enough pithy dialogue to be funny bu not fake or forced. Can't wait for next chapter. So, I won't. Ttynrb talk to you next review box.
The Vampire's Liaison chapter 4 . 3/12/2010
This chapter was lots of fluffy-goodness. I loved it, of course, being a total sap myself. I just think both of them need to be huggled. Love love love, thanks or the warm fuzzies.
The Vampire's Liaison chapter 3 . 3/12/2010
You have a wonderful mastery of language and using to make your points in exactly the tone you want them to be received. I especially like one line about the teacher 'decorating' the board with white marks. I had never thought of this sort of moment in quite that way, but I understood completely how you wanted me to see it.

Brilliant as usual, of course. Perfect buttons everywhere, though I am itching to know more about what happened with Kikyo. What has the bitch done now? Read on and find out? I think I shall.
The Vampire's Liaison chapter 2 . 3/12/2010
The Scrooged similarities are definitely there, but I think thats out of necessity. The scrooge character, be he Inuyasha or a muppet, must be a miser. Therefore he must be rich. The most drastic similarity is the choice of media executive for the reason behind wealth. That is probably just coincidence. However, your Inuyasha story and Scrooged differ in that Scrooged is largely about the media, and more external forces, whereas this is more internal, about Inuyasha himself. Scrooged has the character's attempt to milk christmas for money, and to take advantage and generally horrible to employees. Inuyasha isn't mean or horrible. Hes just unhappy and oblivious. He's genuinely good though, and I'm glad you didn't try and turn him into the exploitative type of person that the Scrooged character is.

I'm really enjoying my reading so far. I love that you preserved the relationships, so far, from the cannon, and still managed to make everyone fill their role with complete believability. It reminds me of something we say when discussing acting. Something about finding yourself in a character and not the character in yourself. Basically, you can make anyone do anything with the right motivation and circumstances. Its just a lot of fun, and good job. Onward!
The Vampire's Liaison chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Firstly, you know an Inuyasha fanfic is going to be interesting when the first line is talking about securities fraud. I love the way Miroku speaks in this, especially at the beginning. You managed to keep that haggling con-artist thing he does so well there in him, despite his being modern and on the more legal side of transactions. I was slightly horrified when I heard of Sesshomarus's death, but then I realized that that mad the ghost of Marley, so I got over it. Also enjoyed the placement of Feh, where Bah Humbug once was.

I really enjoyed the writing. I love how you did not twist Inuyasha to fit the classic scrooge, but are clearly twisting scrooge to fit him. I definitely think Inuyasha can pull of bitter and unhappy. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that Kagome was in his life and he was still like that. I get that he is very capable of having become unhappy and jaded and straining their relationship. I just always think of her as his salvation from that, so it bothered me a little to see him as having her and still being like this.

However, that is a personal bother, and not related to the structure of effectiveness of the story. Its very well done. You handled the homeless man thing very well.

Overall, the Christmas Carol is a personal favorite, and indeed one of the only older peices of literature that I read and genuinely enjoyed. I have seen pretty much every tv version, and the play about 10 times. I am very excited to see Inuyasha, one of my all time favorites, inserted into another for a whole bag of favoritey goodness.