Reviews for Rainbow Six: Cross Training
Doom Marine 54 chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Okay i'm confused; are you talking about Singapore's Special Operations Force or their Armed Forces Commando Foundation? Also I don't understand what you mean by Rainbow's Singaporean equivalent. Rainbow is a multinational counter-terrorist force, who recruit from various NATO special forces groups and have international juresdiction. I don't understand how the Singaporeans are their equivalent in anything. Also why are they using xbox's to train? Sorry but a video game is no substitute for hands on practice.
Ameslan chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
Interesting story. It got a bit tedious in places for me (especially where you interjected yourself into the narrative-I thought that could have been handled better as a first person journal entry such as the 'I know what you are thinking' soliloquies from the MAGNUM PI show) but the action is well-written.

I worked for the DoD during Desert Storm and some of this stuff just plain tickled my fancy.

I actually just discovered this area and am in the process of writing my own story after years of being a Rogue Spear addict.

The only complaint I have is the comment about copyright. Names cannot be copyrighted and once you place something in a fixed form it belongs to you (unless you have developed it for a paying source).
ZGMF-x20A chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
I must say, you know your weapons. So far no complaints from me. Although i must ask about your statement about the HK MP5/10, because I was talking to a friend of mine who works for a local counter terror unit and they just got them. Anyhow, so far so good.
Typewriter King chapter 4 . 7/24/2005
Though I'm saying this a little belatedly, happy birthday.

You did really well with this. The only goof was with the Spanish Chavez used. When he said “mano” to Malloy, there should have been an apostrophe to shadow the missing letters in “hermano” to signify that Ding was calling him “brother.” As written, Ding called him “hand,” which wouldn't be a term of affection, I would think.

Tom Clancy probably goofed on this a few times, but I clearly remember Ding and Oso bandying the term about correctly the first countless number of times.

I do have a dumb question; I won't ask why they didn't carry a second ammo type, I assume that was part of their acquisitions problems you mentioned, but I will ask why they didn't remove their silencers. I know the report of an SMG would give the dazed tangos a noise to home after, but given the situation against the body armor, a different method of muffling the gun reports could have been devised.

I know its far-fetched for one to successfully coordinate an intelligent anti-terrorist operation with the French authorities (they're French, after all), but having them belt out a distracting ambient noise (like sirens) during the take-down could suppress a large quantity of the noise.

Vaya con Dios.
domingochavez chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
Very good. I actually felt like I was reading a Clancy. Only thing is a pet-peeve of mine. I'm an employee of the CIA that does work similar to what Clark and Ding did. So, my only problem is that you don't tell people what the abbreviations are for. That makes it easier to write and easier to read, plus it makes people use their brain when they read. Heaven forbid we learn something!
Typewriter King chapter 3 . 4/14/2005
Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

-Psalms 144:1
jack off 2 chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
that is one pimpin story dog
MnemonicBoom chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
hell. i didn't even hafta read this to know it rocks. tom clancey's Rainbow Six is awesome enough. then YOU wrote it. plus i saw chavez's name while i was scrolling down. it rocks. i love these letters. merry christmas. and a happy soundtrack.
Typewriter King chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
Hey, the shop-talk is entirely believable. I like how the different services have some difficulty conveying some basic ideas at first. Most professional writers gloss over the cultural barriers that separate people from different nations and even planets. I’d much rather have them have to trip over misunderstandings or just basic ignorance. Your approach to it is a lot like the one... (sotto voce) the powers that be... took in describing the Russian and American sailors watching E.T. and various things in Red October.

(The Major updated that scene to game-playing for Akai Jugatsu, and did really well. I shouldn’t advertise other people’s work, but it was top-notch. Probably not your cup of tea, though...)

This is a fine start, you obviously had some fun with toying with the subreality, but do you really encounter people that don’t know how to pronounce NATO? That sounds hard for me to believe, but then again, a month ago, my brother couldn’t properly pronounce “Hamas,” nor did he know Hamas was a Palestinian terror group.

Thanks for reviewing my work, and I hope you’ll find some free time.