Reviews for These Roads We Walk
Ace65 chapter 10 . 12/22/2005
Further proof that the best stories here are the ones that you never heard about. I read one of your stories, Neverwinter Shorts, and got WAY more than I expected. Those are really funny, and you should definitely crank those out while the idea's still fresh.

Anywho, I've read the whole story over the last couple days. Really well-written,funny in all the right parts without losing your focus,and your viewpoints switching at all times are very well-timed. What I'm curious about is if this story is an introduction into Hordes of the Underdark, or just an "in-between" thing. Because if it's the former, than this is gonna be a LONG story.

This whole chapter reminded me of The Hobbit, where the dwarves are captured by three giants. Was that your inspiration,or just coincidence?Whatever the case, I liked it, though I have to wonder how any gnoll could get that smart. Somehow, seeing a Gnoll with a book is hard to imagine. Then again,there are others way to gain knowledge,right?

Xanos was good, 's hard to write Xanos,but very entertaining to read, so I salute you for that. Xanos Deekin
Penname wa Silver B chapter 10 . 5/23/2005
So THAT'S what happened to ol' Boddyknock! Brilliant introduction for him :) As always, this chapter was exceedingly well-written and witty. I'm glad you finally updated. Your original plotline is smart and interesting, and your method of switching between characters is an unpredictable and satisfying one, causing me to really wonder what will happen next.
Frostfyre7 chapter 9 . 3/27/2005
This is extremely well written, and I am enjoying it a great deal. I really like how you've segued the two seperate storylines into one.

So...are you going to post soon? Don't let this one die! It's well worth reading!
Guan chapter 9 . 1/18/2005
I like the old mage. Great chapter, you make the characters really intresting
Penname wa Silver B chapter 9 . 1/17/2005
YES! This chapter is the best yet! I love magic, and we're learning a lot more about all the characters. 'tis awesome. More!
Penname wa Silver B chapter 8 . 1/13/2005
Another brilliant chapter! I love Deekin's lines... the part where he recalled Tymofarrar consuming a lich was particularly hilarious XD I can just imagine what the lich was thinking...

The bathroom part reminds me that I keep forgetting to have Deekin "go" in my own fic. Poor little guy.

What has happened to Deekin's boss, though? I can't wait to find out!
shadow0015 chapter 8 . 1/12/2005
i listened to "Chain of Fools" while i read your story (yes I, ~TheShadow, listen to Aretha) anyways, it reads well to the song. I've written everything to music so I understand how it works. The beginning with Deekin's annoyment(is that a word) is similar to the CHAIN, CHAIN, CHAIN, etc. opening. I listen to way too much music (Aerosmith- Jaded, currently). Okay, you chapter was great as usual but I did see a few typos. Laterz.
Guan chapter 8 . 1/12/2005
A trap perhaps? A brilliant chapter, I like the old mage. Intresting chacters
VaguelyFamiliar chapter 6 . 1/11/2005
Wow! I love the descriptions, the dialogue, the innovative plot- everything! I'm dying to know what creepy old what's-his-mug is up to, and how he spirited Twen away so successfully.
Penname wa Silver B chapter 7 . 1/11/2005
Cool, an interlude! Just like in the game! A cool chapter, though I'm still confused. The dragon thing reminds me of the third chapter of the Original Campaign, where an old red dragon sped draclings' growth so they could be harvested for their magic to keep him young. They, too, were retarded. Did I find a connection, or am I looking in the wrong places again? Hmm...

Great chapter, keep writing!
Guan chapter 7 . 1/11/2005
Um intresting and a decent chapter. I really wonder how it is connected to the rest...can't wait to find out
shadow0015 chapter 7 . 1/11/2005
Did you want me to review your interludes. Well, I'm going to do it any way. This could be an entire story itself and I really like it. It's inspiring me... Laterz, I've got to write.

~TheShadow(isANoutsider)
Guan chapter 6 . 1/7/2005
Brilliant chapter, I was worried for Twen for awhile. Like the man though and Alan

Xanos bit was touching as well with good humor.
shadow0015 chapter 6 . 1/7/2005
you really have a great ability to make the most mundane action such as Twen looking around the creepy house appear to seem magnificent. well as far as this chapter goes, Twen really seemed emotionless about her situation to me but that really made her seem a bit still out of it which she probably is.

~TheShadow(hasNOshadow)
Penname wa Silver B chapter 6 . 1/6/2005
"You will not die until I've had the chance to berate you for doing so."

Love that line almost as much as I love all the gore. Awesome chapter! Keep it up!