Reviews for Letters and Lunches
cmfisher chapter 16 . 7/21
I just love reading your stories. I am not sure if you still get notifications after all this time but I had to tell you thank you.
Mac NorthSea chapter 16 . 7/15
On this summer day, I find myself reading your story again, seeking comfort in familiar world but with relationships I would prefer, and finding solace in such a good and captivating read.

These past few hours have seen me forget the worries of my day and week, as I followed the adventures of young Professor Potter.

Thank you for contributing to this vast world that I visit often.
Many blessings.
Mac
WhiteEagle1985 chapter 16 . 7/11
An excellent story here. Thanks for posting it!
fortheloveofimaginaryworlds chapter 16 . 7/5
A really fun read. Thank you
Jake Crepeau chapter 9 . 6/4
Hi. It's me again. Before I go on, as I think I mentioned once before, I'm well aware that this story is complete and has been up here for 12 years. However, since I also know that you're still writing, I imagine the constructive criticism doesn't go amiss. So here I am with two more.

You talk about the Dementors having been "disbursed." The word you really want here is "dispersed;" "disburse" means to pay out money.

The other one was the mention of a "partition" of no confidence. A partition is a wall, whether real or virtual (since they can partition hard drives); the word you were looking for here is "petition."

Still thoroughly enjoying this story. Good for Harry, delaying Hermione's requests to shag until he's sure they're both ready. In that area especially, he's much more mature than most guys his age.

I also have to say that I really like your portrayal of Dumbledore as a true mentor, instead of engaging in the Dumbledore-bashing that everyone seems to like to do. Yeah, Dumbledore in canon was a first-class manipulator, though I wouldn't call him deliberately evil and so many claim. Now I'll be the first to admit that sometimes, it's necessary to the premise of the story, but seriously, it's so common in fanfication that it's become almost cliché.

Have a good day.
-Jake
Jake Crepeau chapter 8 . 6/4
Got a couple of things to point out. First off, the wizarding world doesn't acknowledge the title "Ms." Single women are "Miss." Adult women in authority are generally "Madam," regardless of marital status; otherwise, the old-fashioned titles "Miss" or "Mrs." apply.

The other one has to do with the treat you eat after dinner. It's dessert, two S's. A desert is a dry, sandy place. ;D

On to the good stuff. I like Diane. So much for the general opinion among wizards that squibs and the like would be uncomfortable if they were allowed to remain in the wizarding world. Of course there would be some that became bitter (*cough*Filch*cough*); those would leave the wizarding world of their own accord. Others would be like Diane, enjoying seeing what magic has to offer, even if she can't practice it herself.

Good move maneuvering Ron into talking with her. That'll probably help resolve more issues than just the one over his recent trauma.

On to the next chapter! ;D
Jake Crepeau chapter 6 . 6/2
What were you going for when Harry mentioned casting either a Reducto or a Percutto? If, with the Percutto, you were trying to refer to a piercing curse, you used the wrong Latin word; percutto means simply "affect deeply," usually in an emotional sense. The word for "pierce" is "percutio." The second error I found is the word "candidness." There's no such word; the word you're looking for is "candor."

Okay. With all that out of the way, I'm really enjoying this story, and I have the late, great Bobmin356 to thank, since you were one of the authors he recommended in one of his ANs. Specifically, he recommended "No, Thanks," and after I read that (which I also greatly enjoyed), I decided to check out some of your other stories. So far, so good. ;D
jacenkenobi chapter 16 . 5/3
I love your stories! Please keep at it.
AerynS chapter 16 . 4/25
It's even better the second time around! Love, love, love this story!
Just enjoyed this book tremendously keep up the good work.
writersblock159 chapter 6 . 3/3
So about halfway through if they start talking about Wills I was trying to figure out why in the world a wii was so important. It took me rereading the entire scene before I realized they were saying will and not wii as in a Nintendo Wii.
Styriabear chapter 16 . 2/22
All I can say is: THANK YOU!
Wonderful story, masterfully told
starlite22 chapter 8 . 2/18
Harry seems to give so much of his money away, that he got from Sirius, if his parents haven't left him any he will be broke.
PeterDGT chapter 16 . 2/8
I just finished reading this story and I loved it. It is 2 am and I think I read the last 8 chapters all in one go. I hope to see some new chapters from this old scribe soon, and the recommendations at the end of chapters are nice as well.
rissmuso chapter 16 . 2/1
Loved this story! Well written with relatively few errors!