Reviews for Long December
elvenangel chapter 4 . 9/25/2009
I don't normally read shorter stories but I've recently taken a liking to Tifa/Rude and stumbled over this. It's so sweet. I enjoyed it but would have liked more material. Still, very cute interaction between them.

elvenangel
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 4 . 1/7/2008
wonderful! wish there was more!
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 3 . 1/7/2008
i'm rather impressed that reno says nothing
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 2 . 1/7/2008
i think reno's exactly right
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
interesting first chapter!
blueravenchick chapter 4 . 12/21/2007
Very cute story! I really enjoyed reading it! Theres just not enough Tifa/Rude stories in the world!
Bishoujo Baby chapter 4 . 2/5/2006
You know, whether that's the end or not, I feel oddly satisfied with this fic. It's short, but it doesn't seem to really rush things.

I thank you for writing it
EvilExpressions chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
Interesting. Continuing now.
The Tiramisu Of Impending Doom chapter 4 . 8/26/2005
GAH! This made me think "Aww" several times while I read it. RudeXTifa is very sweet, and even though we don't get any hint of Tifa having anything for Rude in the game, it's fun to think of these two together. You write beautifully, anyway. I especially love your thoughtful Rude, and Tifa's so sweet. It's a lovely story.
Nando the RPS King chapter 4 . 7/30/2005
Nice, very well written.
BUTTEREDROSIE chapter 4 . 7/26/2005
This... was so cute. I mean, I love Rude, and it's so goddamn adorable to see him actually get with someone for once! YAY!
Empress-Eerian-Sadow chapter 4 . 5/23/2005
:-O wow. not what i was expecting at all. that was great! i was hooked in and loving it! you should do more like this!
CloudRox1 chapter 4 . 5/21/2005
That was so sweet! I loved it! RudexTifa is one of my fave pairings, but yours is the first well-written one I've seen! Well done! And I'm glad you didn't just gloss over the whole 'I hate Shinra' thing either. Yay for you!
Verdot chapter 4 . 1/26/2005
Wow. That's beautiful. Just beautiful. Not enough stories like this...

Great work.

~Cendrillo
Thyme In Her Eyes chapter 4 . 1/18/2005
How do I love thy ability to write Rude/Tifa? Let me count the ways...

A beautifully touching and sensitive story, Lirillith. This one really made my Christmas! The pacing of the story was great; slow-going but highly enjoyable and lesiurely, and not at all bogged down with descriptions (&etc), like the material you'll usually find in a slow-paced fic. Also, for a piece that jumps over rather significant passages of time, it's a testament to your writing skills that it doesn't feel at all fragmented (I actually really enjoyed how you dealt with the passing of time and the progression of the relationship).

I can't get over how well you write Rude/Tifa - you make the idea of a pre-game relationship between the two very plausible. It's a take I've never seen before and you pull it off so well that it seems totally natural. The pair are both perfectly in-character and the relationship itself is beautifully portrayed; it's not bliss, it's not non-stop angst (not that I'd expect either take from as fine a writer as yourself), it's just very tender, very unsure and very human. Every aspect of their developing relationship, and the difficulties it faces, is handled with incredible insight and senitivity.

Your details are fantastic, too. I have SO MUCH to learn from you! You are the High Priestess of Details! I loved the way you hinted at the changes in the world, and the end to mass-produced clothes was a great touch, I thought (and aspect of the technological halt that never actually occured to me before). I'm amazed by how naturally and seriously you can asses the consequences of a situation like the near-end of the world. :) I'm not just praising the details because I find them "clever" or "amusing-because-it-makes-sense-when-you-think-about-it". Not that they aren't clever or amusing, but what impresses me is how you can take realistic stock of a fantastical situation, and use it to give your stories such richness. The elements of realism really do bring the story and characters to life on a day-to-day level, and that's something I really love in reading your work. Hmm, this mini-rant wasn't really needed as it has little to do with the 'fic, but I really felt that I ought to clarify things!

Anyway, a great, highly enjoyable and touchingly emotional piece. But from the Queen of Rude/Tifa, I shouldn't expect less! ;)

PS: The rather vague approach to religion (as opposed to Planet-based spirituality) in FFVII always bugged me too! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one bothered by it!