Reviews for The Hidden Days of Healing
lucidity chapter 4 . 10/23/2005
My goodness! That was a powerful and sad chapter!

The whole naked thing, I guess it woulnd't hurt to try.
lucidity chapter 3 . 10/23/2005
Frodo seems to be in awful shape and Aragorn also.

I like your take on Gimli!
lucidity chapter 2 . 10/23/2005
My goodness! Everyone is having just a terrible time! I would think Legolas and Gimli would be the lucky ones but I think that it is the opposite. They are most aware of all that can happen and feel powerless to do much to prevent it.

Sam is such a doll. I so wanted Sean Astin to win and Oscar for his role in the last movie.

Off to read another chapter!
lucidity chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
Poor Frodo!

I swear you may turn me into an Aragorn fan yet!

You've done a great job with the dialogue, which is the hardest part for me.

Ye gods, but it was a foul day for hobbits! Even Pippin suffers!

Aragorn is so wonderful to give his life, apparently, for his friends. Okay, I know he's not dead, since there are further chapters, but it was still quite the cliffhanger. I LOVE cliffhangers!

I will read more when I can catch some spare moments.
QueenofFlarmphgal chapter 8 . 8/31/2005
OH MY GOOD GOLLY GOSH!

i can't believe i have never reviewed for this! I am so sorry!

This story has been on my favorites list for so long and i never reviewed. How shameful *shames self*

Anyway, this is a GREAT story. A little like a SHadow and a Thought, but this one was good in a different way. Aragorn was the healer as well as the patient. YAY!

I really liked Legolas and Gimli in this. THey are so great and really care about everyone. Loved Legolas's defenciveness when Aragorn was healign Pippin! It totally makes me laugh every time.

And ARagorn! You did a FABULOUS job with him, as always. I so very much love your stories with him hurt, because, well, you make it EXTREME! WHICH I LOVE!

In conclusion, FANTASTIC story, SO SORY i didn't review sooner, and...

Looking forward to more BOG!

WoOt!
meckinock chapter 4 . 8/1/2005
Yay for Eomer's arrival. This was a very touching line:

"Eomer clutched the limp hand, noting the calloused skin and the countless abrasions, yet it seemed he held the most noble thing on Middle Earth and a tear fell on it unbidden as he thought how that same hand had clasped his in comradeship on the battlefield and later recalled his sister to the light."

But he, Gimli, and Sam seem a little bit skeptical about Legolas's improvised healing methods. I pity the Elf if Aragorn wakes up to find himself lying naked in the middle of a field holding his sword and wearing a wreath of flowers! But I suppose the ends justify the means. Everyone's concern is very touching.
meckinock chapter 3 . 8/1/2005
It's very sweet how Pippin worries about Aragorn. It must truly be frightening for the hobbits to see their protector so weak and helpless. I'm sorry Gandalf checked out. I hope Legolas manages to remember a bit of Elvish healing.
meckinock chapter 2 . 7/29/2005
“It is not permitted that I should change the will of the Valar!”

LOL. That's our Gandalf! He did a good job of ordering everyone around, even if he wouldn't allow himself to interfere. Legolas and Gimli's tending to Aragorn was very nicely done. And I'm glad they didn't tell Pippin what was really wrong with Aragorn.
meckinock chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
I love looking inside those gaps that Professor Tolkien left blank for us, and this is one of my favorite scenes to speculate about - the reaction of the rest of the Fellowship to seeing Frodo and Sam alive. Aragorn's tender care of them is very touching, and I liked the team effort -everyone is trying to help. Sam is so wonderfully in character - more worried about Frodo than himself, as always. But it looks like Aragorn has overtaxed himself healing poor Pippin. I'm enjoying this a lot and looking forward to reading the rest.
Quickbeam1 chapter 1 . 7/23/2005
I wanted to add this again to my favorite stories list. It was included there at one time, but I think it was deleted from the list when you reposted it. A truly wonderful and touching story. It will always be a favorite of mine.
Frodo Silverlune chapter 5 . 4/26/2005
i would read more, but have to go. i had forgotten the phrase in the book that gandalf mentions to frodo or sam that aragorn almost gave his life in recalling them. thank you for ellaborating on that!
Thorongirl chapter 8 . 4/22/2005
Read this last year, but never reviewed. Anyway, in a nutshell, I loved it.
Aerya chapter 8 . 4/16/2005
It was wonderful, though very sad at parts. Thank you for futher exploring the events after the Last Battle, I had always wanted more stories about that time.
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
I read this a while ago, and had thought I reviewed... sorry! Anyway, I felt so sorry for Aragorn... and the hobbits are totally believable (not an easy thing to do, LOL)
Lhaewin chapter 8 . 12/23/2004
I finally managed to read the whole story and I like it very much. The argument between Sam and Aragorn astonished me, but I can imagine that this could have happened. I will go to the sequel soon.
49 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »