Reviews for A Game of Lives
Charis M chapter 5 . 2/10/2005
A nice story, especially in terms of the overall arc, but for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, Thessaly's voice just sounds odd to me, even if she does seem in character.

Overall, though, a strong piece. I'm glad to see other Thessaly stories out there!
itsAlana chapter 6 . 1/25/2003
This is good... I never knew who he was mopeing about at the beggining, but this explains it all, and is also beutifly written. And I do belive in this, to some level. This is not her fairy tale. And YAHOO! for anything Sandman!
Nails For Your Crucifix chapter 6 . 8/21/2002
Hello Tori. I thought that story was wonderful. A sequel is a great idea in my opinion. I finished reading the SANDMAN series a few months ago and I believe that you did justice to the characters created by Neil Gaiman. Keep up the good work.
Pip's Sister chapter 6 . 3/5/2002
Hi Tori. I really liked this story, it was very intriguing and I enjoyed your potrayl of the characters involved.
Lucinda chapter 6 . 2/13/2002
Whoa...this was a GOOD fanfic. Honestly. The fifth chapter especially. It's one of those things where you wish and wish that the story hadn't ended like that, but that it's the only way it could have gone... Moving, sad, always in character. Write more. You're good at it. Honestly.
Starbrat chapter 6 . 1/8/2002
Well, it's Intresting, and well written. I like it.
Alkaline chapter 6 . 11/20/2001
wow, that was really really good. I love it.
sarah chapter 6 . 5/25/2001
I loved it, your story was beautiful, and well writen. I hope to see more of your writings someday.
Amber chapter 6 . 5/4/2001
I like this a lot. It makes a lot of sense, given what Neil gave us. Well-written. I want to write my own fic now! (about a lover of Morpheus, not mentioned...) maybe this summer. Keep writing, I'm hungrily awaiting it.
Logan Smith chapter 6 . 4/25/2001
Not bad, not bad.. it certainly is an interesting viewpoint on Thessaly and the incident. There were some small grammatical errors - sentences ending with periods rather than question marks, or the like. Good job not straying from Thessaly or Lucien's viewpoints.. I know it can be tempting to move to Dream's, or Nuala's. _

I have some small issues with Dream's dialogue. In chapter 2, I really can't see him saying something like "The Tempest" or "Making conversation." It seems to me that his responses would be more of a full reply. I feel that, to sound more like Dream, "It is The Tempest" and "I am making conversation" would be better fitting. Also, less usage of contractions in his dialogue, such as in chapter 4. Not that you did it often. Just pointing it out.

I enjoyed reading it. You have a great start in chapter 1, it's not slow at all. Good writing, I liked it.
Michael chapter 6 . 4/25/2001
I loved it, it is one of few stories out of the many (and i do mean many even though i am selective about what i read) that left me with a sense of completion. The story from begining to end was fantastic, utterly enjoyable. At first it was hard to see where u where coming from, i thought that Larissa was a man, but as it went on i could hardly stop reading. this is an A story and i hope to see more of your work. thank you for writing it you have done Neil Gaiman and the Lord Shaper justice. :)
Sunrazor chapter 5 . 4/12/2001
Loved! Excellent, excellent fic. Although it might have been even better with a Beta reader and some proofreading. Might I offer my services? If you ever write that sequel, that is. And I WOULD love to read it.

Well done, you.
Soha chapter 6 . 4/10/2001
Yes! Yes, sequel! This was awesome! Now, I don't read the Sandman and as such I can't really comment on whether the details you put in were correct, but it certainly seemed like they were. Which brings up another thing worth mentioning: that although I don't follow the Sandman comics, you explained things well enough that I had no trouble following the story. Well done! The dialogues were great and the conversations well-maintained (I personally have a problem with dialogues; mainly that I'm terrible at keeping them going realistically, so I admire you all the more for being able to do so). More! I crave more!
just another dreamer chapter 4 . 3/25/2001
actually, despair does despair, and once we even see her in the mirrors of her realm. and dream does dream, doesn't he? at least, he did once...you know, the thing about death having to take on a mortal body once every i-can't-remember-how-long coming to him in a dream. and destiny's actions are written in his book. and desire does, i think, desire. anyway.
Amber chapter 3 . 3/16/2001
This is a very nicely written story that answers the questions I had that Neil refused to answer (for good reasons, I'm sure. You can't tell all the secrets) but it needs to be continued! I want to know some details of the romance, how things fell apart (I'm sure it's getting there, right?) but all in all very enjoyable and clever! ;)