Reviews for Confessions of a Master Swordsman
This story is fantastic! I usually don't enjoy first person POV, but your story is a definite exception to that rule :) I love the perspective of Hiko watching Kenshin, particularly his observations and mental dialogue. Your writing style is thoroughly enjoyable to read, and I didn't spot a single typo. Thank you for sharing this story, and God bless!
too-much-inspiration chapter 4 . 6/27/2013
Very nice, and a good bit of character history. Thanks for posting this!
general zargon chapter 4 . 6/4/2013
Really nice story, I certainly enjoyed this story and the bond between Hiko and Kenshin. I was a bit confused about why Kenshin thought he was going to die, but I think I understand it now. :) I hope you decide to write more Hiko-and-Kenshin centric stories and keep up the great work!
Guest chapter 4 . 7/6/2012
Nice story, needed more depth and humor but it was generally a good story.
Anonymous Reviewer-T chapter 4 . 5/6/2012
This is a great story! It's very nice to be able to read something from Hiko's perspective _
TexasDreamer01 chapter 4 . 9/16/2011
I knew Hiko had a heart. Somewhere under that humongous cloak of his.

brittney
gaap237 chapter 4 . 1/6/2010
The Hiko POV in this story was outstanding! You portrayed his character perfectly. Loved the bit about Kenshin thinking he was gonna die because Hiko was being nice all of a sudden. Congratulations on a fantastic story!
koorikaze chapter 4 . 1/5/2010
Nice! Perfect characterization... I like how Hiko is given a bit of emotion here, unlike he normally is... But anyways, it was creative and awesome! (I read it twice; I liked it so much) Keep writing!
sueb262 chapter 4 . 12/27/2009
Oh my god. (to be read reverently)

This is the most realistic portrait of these two I've ever read. Nothing fantastic, nothing anachronistic. Nothing out of character.

And such beautiful emotion, such solid relationship. Your Hiko is just what Kenshin needs-just what Watsuki's Kenshin _would_ have needed-in order to survive and develop. To become the hero that so many would see as super-human, failing to see the grit that enabled him to surpass his limits time and time again, and be the "safety net" that he describes to Yahiko when Tsubame is threatened: when you fight for someone else, failure is not an option.

Thank you for this. Not only is it already on my fav list, I'll come back to it again when I need to.
sueb262 chapter 2 . 12/27/2009
Fabulous specific action. I can see exactly what they're doing, and I'm so grateful to Hiko for taking just this line with his student. And I'm SO proud of Kenshin not only for the quickness with which he "gets" it, but for his courage and tenacity.

And let me tell you a private pleasure: I simply ADORE maps! When I'm reading something that ANY kind of a physical or geographical factor to it, I find it a big drawback if the author doesn't put me in a very clear picture.

Your picture is so clear it's almost like I've seen it before. That's amazing. Just... amazing.
sueb262 chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
OH! I'm breathless with the beauty of this chapter, and with how you've captured both of them! This is _exactly_ how I imagine Hiko would both teach and think about teaching. AND exactly how he'd react to finding that piece of a plank floating in the river. Your description of his discovery of the broken plank was so subtle that its power nearly overwhelmed me.

How did I miss this fic (and you as an author!) all this time? Siriusfan13 just turned me on to this story, so I'm off to read the rest...
Fireabovefirebelow chapter 4 . 5/19/2009
KEH KEK AWW COUGHED ON A CIG! IS Saito going to show up? STill loved it though I don't want to stop reading!
Fireabovefirebelow chapter 3 . 5/19/2009
good lesson. YUUMM I love a smart writer!
Fireabovefirebelow chapter 2 . 5/19/2009
great this is really good! I love your writing style! it reads in my mind like a cool draught of water.
Fireabovefirebelow chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
WOW! BEST WRITER I"VE HAD SO FAR! I Love how you've written hiko's character as that. and that was pretty funny! I'm so glad that it wasn't some emo tific piece of crap!