Reviews for Bonds to the Past
Hakurei Ryuu chapter 5 . 11/6/2007
man, i can see how kevin would get annoying. that deck was one of the lamest things i've ever seen. i'm starting to think the killing kevin parts at the end are my favorite parts of every chapter! you are quoting south park, right?

also, your duels are really great and well thought out. even without ragnarok, that was an impressive ending. just a note though: i don't think kaiba would get bashful with any girl, mostly he'd just be defensive and in complete denial. a girl would have to have a lot of patience to get into his heart.
Dark Abyss 316 chapter 5 . 11/6/2007
You know it really saddens me to see that you still continue this bunch of BS of this Kevin bashing and to be quite honest,this is already getting old,but i'm already over this bunch of crap and over you,is no wonder you don't know when to let go of this grudge and move on with your life,either you we're always such a bitter person or you are mentally unstable,but at least i'm in peace with myself but i don't know in your case and to be honest i really don't care anymore,i really feel sorry for you no let me rephrase that,i pity you what you should do is look deep within yourself and think things before you do them,I'm glad that i severed all ties with you because if i we're to remain friends with you,i'd go crazy too,so let go of this stupid Kevin bashing crap and move on with your life Gema,because before it too late it will consume you completely.
Dragon's Tongue chapter 5 . 11/6/2007
I was prepared to write a long, full review of this chapter. Screams of joy on finally being able to read an update, small criticisms, like how some parts are similar to parts in SS. (although that's enivitable, and will be changing soon enough) I was going to compliment your characterization and comment about how it makes me want to watch it all again, to finally regain that YGO feeling I'm searching for...

But something happened that made everything else in this chapter dimmer in it's bright glow; Kevin running from the sick bay like a madman, never to be seen again. I can only guess that the Shadow Realm forced him to read what Bonds would have been with him. *rimshot*

The next update, whether on your end or mine, cya!
Chaos Chao chapter 4 . 6/21/2006
I was very surprised when I visited your profile and discovered you had put up this fic without my even realizing it! I've loved your work ever since I first discovered it, and here I am not even checking to see when update! Shame on me, bad authoress! (smacks self) Ow!

/Anyway/, I still love your work, and please accept my sympathy for the tough times you've been going through. If there's anyway I can help...I have four friends, a computer, and a minivan, so I should be able to do /something/...

Seriously though, you're an awesome writer who doesn't deserve to be hassled for writing the way you want, and if I can help, I'd love to! Even if I just get to sit on the sidelines and cheer. Hey, it seems to work for Yu-Gi and the gang...
Dragon's Tongue chapter 4 . 6/5/2006
*grins as he reappears from the shadows* At long last, Bonds is back, and the phrase 'new and improved' doesn't even BEGIN to describe a certain subtaction. The OMGYKKTY is a very nice touch, too.

Good to see an update, though it'll probably be the last I see before lasik, and afterwards until I heal. Here's hoping we can IM soon! Cya!

P.S. Should it be mentioned just WHO he out-Sued in that Mary Sue test? It might add some very good emphasis.
Hakan Kurohi chapter 3 . 6/7/2005
oh man this is a good story you even have kiaba being nice! wait a second... since when was kiaba nice oh well keep up the SUPER GOOD work k good bye

Inu-Hakan fire dog demon of the midnight-blue dog-demon clan
SmallInsect chapter 3 . 6/7/2005
Um... what can I say.

Good story. You are a talented writer who knows what she is doing and is very good at tugging the heartstrings but...

Well, there's no way of softening this: Mary Sue alert,Shayla is a mary sue and as such although a ncie character is... irritating. OC's are all well and good (we're writers after all, we're SUPPOSED to create characters.) but this one is just too... sueish.

As of such, I'm unable to be... moved by Shayla, despite her emotions and suffering as a character.

All the same story is pretty good. But the Sue is a you possibly write it without her being so sueish? You don't have to remove her - but give her character faults and personality errors (by this I don't mean faults like can't sing or dance or bites her nails or something that has nothing to do with the story). Make her seem believable as a character - believable people have faults.

I'll say again, check out the Mary Sue Litmus test with Watersprings (look it up in google) and you'll see what I mean.

Your writing otherwise, is good, you're very In Character, and Kaiba rocked. Go you! _

Good luck.

sleep til' may chapter 3 . 6/6/2005
... wow... what a... dramatic chapter... I almost cried... how heart-felt... ::sniff::
Dragon's Tongue chapter 2 . 1/11/2005
Ouch... what a way for an OC to start out, huh. Then again, this is only par for course for what's to come. Sorry again for not reviewing earlier! *raises glass of Dragon's Bane* To the future of Bonds! And the death of many social lives..
Phantom 1 chapter 2 . 1/10/2005
o/~ And another one, and another one, and another one bites the dust... O_O Sorry. After that song was played during those serial killings in Virginia, I probably should have contempt for that song, but... oh yeah, the review.

I thought Kevin was suppose to be the hero of this story. He can hardly be a hero if he's stuck in the Shadow Realm? Unless... oh, I think I know where this is going but I'll refrain from saying anything, I don't want to jinx it. Well, anyway, another exciting chapter, guys, keep up the good work.
K-316 chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
Poor Kevin..he lost his soul in the Shadow Realm...o.o... Nice update Gema,update soon! JA NE!
Drake Clawfang chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
Nice. But since it's after Malik/Joey's duel, does this mean you're going to rewrite Yami/Kaiba's duel?
Rem di Luna chapter 1 . 12/24/2004
Hey you go again. Your story are captivating in the first chapter alone. You got a good thing going wiyh Shayla and the stories are much better than any ideas I had planned. Keep up the good work. no critism at this time.

GearFried The Iron Angel chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
Well First I'd like to say Ryu's choice in music rocks. Now that I got that off my chest, I see that the Blue Eyes Knight has another coauthered fic going, not bad so far, let's see how it goes.

If you need shoulder to lean on, a face to beat in, or just a smart alec to laugh at, I'm open till New Year's. Enjoy the holidays, hope the snow's better where you are than here.
Dragon's Tongue chapter 1 . 12/22/2004
*Simple and Clean: Instrumental plays in background*

And so... it begins. Long hours spent at my computer reading synopses are about to be justified. Words really can't describe my feelings for this finally coming online, only that it's the BEST Pre-X-mas gift I've ever gotten!

Can't wait until you're back, and I hope you have a merry X-mas, regardless of PC status! Cya!