Reviews for Straight Answers
Guest chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
while I'm exaggerating it I think this is a true masterpiece. I myself have wondered on more than one occasion how it's possible that "Stuff just happens to me" that Ranma (or any other main character on that kind of story) has.
besides Ranma can't be that stupid as it seems. he is able to learn martial arts styles faster than what you can show them. he is able to analyze any and all fights and find a way to win even if he has to create a new martial arts skill to do so. and he will pull it on the first try.
I can't believe he never advised Akane to give P-chan a bath. he didn't even need to do it himself. just mention to kasumi stating "I would tell her myself that P-chan needs a bath but you know what happens every time I say something about that pig of hers" or something similar.
c'mon... ranma can even kill a god but he can't avoid akane's mallet or shampoo's "attacks"? and how in the hell Nabiki could manage to sneak and take the pics of ranma when she even has to trigger ranma's curse? I can't believe that nabiki is that skilled since happosai himself barely manages to sneak attack ranma.
as far as I know all three amazons are illegal immigrants. how hard would be to remove them from the equation? that's without taking into account that taking ranma into the village against his will would be foolish. who would kidnap somebody that can kill an immortal god?
hell it wouldn't even be that hard to get rid of happosai. just lock him in a room full of used male underwear and he won't be a problem anymore.
getting rid of ukyo? thousands of fics have shown two easy ways to do it. either adopt ukyo as ranma's sister or adopting as a brother that nice "kunoichi" so ukyo can marry a saotome child.
the kunos are the easier to deal with if one wishes to do it. just contact any psychiatric.
but the easiest would be getting rid of genma. child abuse anybody?

yet... Ranma never tries to solve any of that craziness.
a-d Pilot chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
Not sure what to tell you.

Right now I'd recommend either the youtube series Extra Credits episode on Pacing or the website, Writing Excuses's archive of sound files of Author's having focused discussions on specific aspects of writing.

Decide for yourself which better covers the topic of pacing.

Extra Credits
Not focused on writing, but their advice is easily applicable.

Writing Excuses
15 minutes long. Because you're in a hurry, and we're not that smart.

Right now, I personally prefer Extra Credits.
zeonista13 chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
You know, that's a new take for me on the chaotic action surrounding Ranma's life. In twenty-plus years of Ranma fandom, that's a nice thing to learn, that there is still a new way of looking at things.
FadingGrin chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
I like how you leave Ranma as a bit of a mystery. It adds a nice bit of flavour that we can't know for sure whether he is or isn't some sort of super cunning genius. However, I don't necessarily share the view expressed in the fic about Ranma not really minding his curse. I mean, you don't have to like something to learn to live with it and even start using it to your advantage, especially if you've trained all your life to use every means available and never really having had a very stable moral grounding when growing up. I raise you Genma Saotome as pretty much the only father-figure Ranma had in his early childhood. I think that says enough about any set of morals being taught to an impressionable young mind such as Ranma's.
A very good fic, as always.:)
authority02 chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
I got the impression of Ranma having powers like Suzumiya Haruhi. Interesting.
griffenvamp chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
very interesting idea here hope you play it out. would love to see it keep going.
Azamiko chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
This explains so much...
Himitsu the Hunter chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
Gold!

This is a gem.
Silver Warrior chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
Yes, the chaos in Ranma’s life actually is fairly standardized now. Fight with the panda baka in the morning, avoid ramen girl on way to school, pound bokken boy, trade barbs with the tomboy, get splashed and avoid amorous bokken boy, try not to get ki drained by childish dominatrix teacher, random fight with blind duck boy or perpetually lost pig boy, go over to visit spatula girl for free meal, weekly neighborhood team-up to deal with Grand Master pervert, and in between it all try and get a bite to eat. That can fairly much summarize Ranma’s day.
Pyro Falkon chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
I really should log in. But anyway...

*points* SEE! SEE! Someone else thinks Ranma plans all this! He has a thing for anarchy, I knew it!

Loved the story!
ppirilla chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
Short, sweet, and to the point. Just like this review _
BlazeStryker chapter 1 . 12/22/2004
Maybe he just feels chaos is better? If the theory of Happi feeding off perversion is true, Ranma could well be feeding off total anarchy...
Mr. KFC chapter 1 . 12/21/2004
It's to short to make a great review, but I like the idea of Ranma playing around with evertone.