Reviews for Heritage
erbkaiser chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
I should have reviewed this story earlier.
This story is brilliant. You write such a believable origin for Steerpike, it is almost as if you were working from a manuscript by Peake himself.

It fits perfectly in with canon, and has the proper tone and everything.

Thank you for writing the only Gormenghast story on this entire site that I feel should be required reading.
X Because it sounds cool chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Is your surname Peake?

It is AMAZING, I was glued to the screen! Your language is fantastic, and your story is cool and smooth in the right Gormanghast way. Keep up the good work! *clap* *clap* *clap*!
Thessaly chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
Oh...very nice, very nice. All the proper pieces for a very good fanfic. Flambard, the record keepers, lots of fire, and the south wing. Nice and dark, just as it should be. The Prunesquallor cameo and the reference to the Earl walking backwards and turning the corner on his hands are particularly amusing.
Kathryn chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
I wish there was a separate Gormenghast section on here! Then I'm sure this marvelous piece would have more reviews. Regardless, let me just say how much I enjoyed the piece. Steerpike is such a mystery, I'm glad you gave us food for imagintive thought on his background. Do write more, you are such a talented writer. I was especially impressed by your characterizations.
Mercurie chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
Huzzah! First review! I read this story with great interest... how ironic that Steerpike *is* related to Barquentine. And I love the name "Flambard" - it's so appropriate.

Also wanted to let you know, I've started a C2 for Gormenghast fiction and I archived this story. () Hope that's okay with you, just drop me a line if you want it removed!